Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    yeah, i chuckled at that, too.

what an odd thing to say.
    Currently, wrath players are becoming veterans as much as vanilla players in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Its cheap on the ah on high pop servers around 10k gold or even less.
    I wish I hadn't thrown mine away now, lol...oh well.

I will burn your soul.

I kept that quest item from the WotLK Launch event thing that made a ghost follow you around and whisper you. Then they took the ghost away. I was sad. Still have the quest and item in my bags. =(

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    WOTLK veteran, lol.
    This x1000.

XD Made my day.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    i have 8 haunted mementos scattered around my alts...I'm waiting for the price to go up and hopeing blizzard doesn't change them at all :P

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    This x1000.

XD Made my day.
    I don't see the problem here, Back in TBC people who started in Classic would call them selves Vets, Yet TBC came out 3years after Vanilla, and now it's been 5years since Wrath came out, So if they could call themselves Vets after 3years, i think he can after 5

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I don't see the problem here, Back in TBC people who started in Classic would call them selves Vets, Yet TBC came out 3years after Vanilla, and now it's been 5years since Wrath came out, So if they could call themselves Vets after 3years, i think he can after 5
    Its apples and oranges considering WoW had been out for a significantly shorter period when BC came out, compared to WotLK and the life of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Yeh i have reported this a few times, sometimes depending on where you sit you can't get food buffs because it keeps spawning and making you /cower, or on flightpaths it keeps spinning you around, Very annoying, So i normally have mine on me, but it gets banked sometimes
    Actually, I believe the flight path thing has been fixed-- I still carry mine around at all times and I haven't had an issue with it since the Mists pre-patch.

It does get my butt kicked CONSTANTLY in Halfhill, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    Don't forget Halfhill. The guards there will murder you if the Shade makes you cower.
    Oh
    My
    Gosh

That explains why I get jumped by the guards out of nowhere.

Also, for the fellow that wants one as a real pet, Restless Shadelings are the pet you want. Go to The Masters Cellar at Midnight and you can capture one.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Also, for the fellow that wants one as a real pet, Restless Shadelings are the pet you want. Go to The Masters Cellar at Midnight and you can capture one.
    Midnight-9am, server-time, to be precise.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Oh
    My
    Gosh

That explains why I get jumped by the guards out of nowhere.

Good luck finding one.
    Took me 3 weeks to find 1, yes ONE. All after midnight. I finally saw 1 at 0500 server time, caught it (it was an uncommon) and a second one spawned right next to me and thankfully it was a rare.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Did they fix the bug where having this in your bag (and thus the shade following you) prevented your mini-pet from auto-resummoning upon resurrection / zone change ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I was lucky enough to have a friend give me one recently. I've played since Vanilla but never managed to get one during the Wrath launch (that, and the Vampiric Batling FML).

Sorta off-topic, I make it a point to grab Archmage Vargoth's staff from the quest line in Netherstorm (there is a break where you can have the staff and no quests in your log) and use it to constantly summon the guy. Have been witness to many "WTF" questions about him whenever he turns up in dungeons/raids. :3 I don't say anything, though.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    They're Bolvar's way of keeping an eye on the rest of the world, making sure all is well in the world.
    Even in death (in a sense?) he still watches over his people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Midnight-9am, server-time, to be precise.
    Unless things have changed, midnight to be precise.

A bunch spawn at midnight, are instantly caught by budding pet hunters, then no more will spawn until midnight the next night.

Aside from that, yes, it's a time dependent mob, much as the weather dependant mobs though, they don't respawn, even during the time/weather conditions once that group has been dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Did they fix the bug where having this in your bag (and thus the shade following you) prevented your mini-pet from auto-resummoning upon resurrection / zone change ?
    That's not a bug, it takes up the "slot" used by mini pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    WOTLK veteran, lol.
    lol I was thinking the same thing.

I do wish I keep my hunted memento but I got rid of it . trying to get one off a friend but it is a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Currently, wrath players are becoming veterans as much as vanilla players in WotLK.
    True but Veterans of Vanilla take pity or mock you either way for not baring witness to the game in it's infancy.
    It's just an experience that cannot be duplicated.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Aww, aren't you just adorable.
    i had to laugh at hes comment aswell WOTLK veteran just lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is in the bank as well, it prevents a noncombat pet from being summoned automatically and I worked hard to get the rare ones. They should have fixed it years ago, i dobut they will do anything now