View Poll Results: What would you like to see it balanced around?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1v1

    13 14.13%
  • 2v2

    19 20.65%
  • 3v3

    34 36.96%
  • 5v5

    2 2.17%
  • RBG

    6 6.52%
  • Normal BG's

    7 7.61%
  • I like the way it is balanced now.

    3 3.26%
  • Other

    0 0%
  • Not sure how i feel about the balancing

    4 4.35%
  • I dont care

    4 4.35%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    nothing in pvp is balanced or even close to the word.
    This. /10char

  2. #42
    Brewmaster juzalol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,281
    When Rated Battlegrounds hit the scene Blizzard used it as an excuse to ignore PvP balance completely
    (more people = individual class abilities stick out less)

    Blizzard is not trying to balance this game around 3v3 arena anymore. They haven't been for a while and
    it kinda shows...

  3. #43
    it's never been balanced around anything, they just say it's balanced around 3v3

    before 3v3 existed they balanced it the same way and the results were the same

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    it's never been balanced around anything, they just say it's balanced around 3v3

    before 3v3 existed they balanced it the same way and the results were the same
    No is wasn't.

    During WOTLK Blizzard made great progress in removing counter-classes but they where still their. Most of the complaints originally came from 2vs2 (which was the most popular) because classes sometimes hard countered each other.

    PVP balance has been improving every expansion with the exception of the first season because every class has new stuff.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    No is wasn't.

    During WOTLK Blizzard made great progress in removing counter-classes but they where still their. Most of the complaints originally came from 2vs2 (which was the most popular) because classes sometimes hard countered each other.

    PVP balance has been improving every expansion with the exception of the first season because every class has new stuff.
    Usually the last season gets crazy too though, because of massive gear scaling. The middle seasons are usually the most balanced (s2/s3, s6/s7, s10).

  6. #46
    Yeah, I'm sure if Blizz ran the numbers, the number of people that do random BGs are probably ten times greater than arenas/RBGs, so it does seem silly to balance all PvP around something that so few people participate in.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure if Blizz ran the numbers, the number of people that do random BGs are probably ten times greater than arenas/RBGs, so it does seem silly to balance all PvP around something that so few people participate in.
    Balancing the game around the median of players instead of in situations with the most skilled players is a poor development choice. That, and along with what another previous poster said, bgs are centered around different objectives and in many different combinations of specs and numbers of players. If bgs were the main focus, balance in arenas and skirmishes in world pvp would suffer greatly.

  8. #48
    I loved 2v2 in TBC, it was so epic, i always hated the dam 3v3 and 5v5. Blizzard should just remove 3v3 and 5v5 from the game and then BALANCE IT AROUND 2v2. More people do 2v2 then 3v3, their like 5000 guys playing that rofl, thats less then private servers, so why balance the game around something 99,9% of the players hate?

    Bring back the epic 2v2, remove 3v3 and 5v5. One can only dream.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

    "PvP is like playing chess"

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    No is wasn't.

    During WOTLK Blizzard made great progress in removing counter-classes but they where still their. Most of the complaints originally came from 2vs2 (which was the most popular) because classes sometimes hard countered each other.

    PVP balance has been improving every expansion with the exception of the first season because every class has new stuff.
    remember this part of the balance process in wotlk:
    "2v2 doesn't count anymore"

    that's progress huh lol

    you could have just said you love blizz the mostest and they do good

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 02:04 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    Balancing the game around the median of players instead of in situations with the most skilled players is a poor development choice. That, and along with what another previous poster said, bgs are centered around different objectives and in many different combinations of specs and numbers of players. If bgs were the main focus, balance in arenas and skirmishes in world pvp would suffer greatly.
    you ever driven an actual racecar (dragster, track, anything)?

    is that something you wanna drive to and form school/work every day? they're loud, they're rough, they do poorly at anything but high rpm

    blizz is balancing their game to be a racecar and not many people need a racecar. that's the problem. balancing for the average player is exactly what they need to do.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you ever driven an actual racecar (dragster, track, anything)?

    is that something you wanna drive to and form school/work every day? they're loud, they're rough, they do poorly at anything but high rpm

    blizz is balancing their game to be a racecar and not many people need a racecar. that's the problem. balancing for the average player is exactly what they need to do.
    Focusing the game balance around lower caliber players and you end up dropping the ceiling for everyone, leaving no room for players to improve and taking away progression from players who worked themselves from the ground up being an amateur at their class at first and then putting time into making themselves an outstanding player.

    Say lower skilled players have problems with higher skilled players juking their interrupts, so Blizzard decides that interrupts no longer exist, and everyone just gets Silences (like warriors lol). The skilled players who could fake out other players by juking interrupts get punished and dropped to common ground with players who couldn't adapt. That seems fair to you?

    Another thing that's being missed is that Arenas/RBGs are a progression up from Pick-up Battlegrounds loosely similiar to Raids and Heroic Dungeons. Not everyone participates in all the high end raids, but they're the main focus for PvE balance because if players work hard enough making themselves better at the game and coordinating with other players, that's where they should end up. Thing is, most players just lack the determination and don't put forth the effort to better themselves. The same with random battlegrounds: they aren't your endgame, fighting players equal to your skill level or better via matchmaking in arenas and rated battlegrounds should be.


    Regardless of all of this, it's highly unlikely you'll ever see any huge sweeping changes to classes directed entirely for the 3v3 bracket that ends up 'breaking' the class in a battleground.

  11. #51
    Because it was impossible to balance it for 1v1 and 2v2 so they went for the only shot at actual pvp balance.

    Besides, Blizzard is known for making very balanced strategy games, so they aren't exactly amateurs at it.

  12. #52
    It should be balanced around 3s, but they shouldn't completely disregard other brackets. If a dot class performs average in Arena but stupendously good in RBGs / 5s, then it should be nerfed appropriately.

    I think that's what they have been trying to do, they are just really slow and bad at balancing.

  13. #53
    They cant balance it around Random BGs because lets face it the skill level and Gear varies a lot
    U want to balance it where skill and gear are on the same level as only then the drastic effect of Class/Spec imbalance becomes apparent

    Why 3s?
    Well because if they balance it around 2s that will mean a Single DPS should be able to kill a Healer
    If that were the case then double DPS will faceroll all Healer/DPS 2s comps

  14. #54
    Stood in the Fire VelmuVeera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Because it was impossible to balance it for 1v1 and 2v2 so they went for the only shot at actual pvp balance.

    Besides, Blizzard is known for making very balanced strategy games, so they aren't exactly amateurs at it.
    Their sc dev team might be good at balancing things, but their wow team is pretty horrible on it.

    However, for me the balance isn't the biggest problem right now, it's the gameplay which is incredibly stupid and boring. Already in cata arena was based on popping cooldowns and try to gib someone during them, and if it didn't work you had to wait until they were up again, but now there's even more cooldowns. Also, most classes got too much cc. Imo they should remove a lot of cc (especially instant cc) and take away a few spells and abilities to make the game less homogenized and try to increase the sustained damage and reduce the burst damage and healing.

  15. #55
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,720
    The way I currently see 3s:

    Having 2 groups of 3 people hump a pillar until a warrior or hunter manages to burst someone down in 2 seconds.
    If neither of the teams have a hunter or warrior, the team with the most overpowered classes will win after 10 minutes of humping a pillar.

    That was the bottom 90% of the arena players, as for the top 10%
    Use exploits to archieve a high rating and camp your place till the end of the season.


    The way I currently see battlegrounds:

    Having 2 groups of 10 to 40 man fight in the middle, slaughtering each other whereas the group with the best teamwork will win.


    And now to say, I'm a multiglad with rank 1 in s2 and honestly, I'm sick of arena. Arena is no longer pvp in my opinion, it's more about rolling fotm, humping pillars till you have cooldowns and praying you 2 shot someone of the other team. When people that used to be 1.5k rated are suddenly playing on 2.5k rating due how stupidly overpowered their class is, it says enough.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Because it was impossible to balance it for 1v1 and 2v2 so they went for the only shot at actual pvp balance.

    Besides, Blizzard is known for making very balanced strategy games, so they aren't exactly amateurs at it.
    The game had excellent balance in 1v1 and 2v2 in TBC. Your argument is wrong.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

    "PvP is like playing chess"

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks View Post
    just roll a warrior. instead of crying about the imbalance - be the imbalance.
    oh good one lol it sounds kind of pandaren to me Slow Down be the imbalance

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    I dont understand why pvp is balanced around 3s?. i know its impossible to balance around 1v1, but would it not make more sense to balance around BGs, because a lot more people take part in these then they do in arenas.
    Asking this question means u got 0 clue about pvp and making threads like this hurts my eyes

  19. #59
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,159
    Quote Originally Posted by arenaftw View Post
    Asking this question means u got 0 clue about pvp and making threads like this hurts my eyes
    Try not to attack other posters, instead if you can - explain why you can't balance around battlegrounds
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  20. #60
    Seems to me it have to do with how healers work in pvp. To balance it around 1v1, would mean to be able to kill a healer. Doesnt make sence how they handle the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •