View Poll Results: Will World of Warcraft subscribers go under 10 million this quarter or stay above?

Voters
395. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will stay above 10 million.

    245 62.03%
  • It will go under 10 million.

    150 37.97%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Harosh View Post
    Was wondering the same myself. Went on MMO Champion and after scrolling down and up and down and up....Blizz Earning Calls were always big things for fan base and now smbody remove it form front page for what reason?
    Chaud can u answer this?

  2. #122
    It is somewhat concerning that they didn't say much.
    On the other hand, just 1 week before ending the quarter, there was this press-release.
    Maybe that is the reason they didn't announce numbers? Who knows?

    I was looking on the frontpage for news about the call but strangely nothing.
    It seems everything is being kept behind doors this time around.

  3. #123
    What are they planning about holyday to keep people busy? More then patch 5.1?
    5.2 can't be for holyday...
    Maybe updated Darkmoon + Winter Veil?

  4. #124
    My prediction is that the total number of subscribers will be over 10 million, but will have dropped from the previous numbers.

    Doomhammer EU

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post
    Well, it was amusing to see them dance around MoP figures. There's such enthusiasm over Skylanders and Call of Duty yet Warcraft had a ho-hum presentation.

    If there's one thing Blizzard loves to do, its tooting their own horn when there's something to brag about. No new elaboration on the sales numbers or the subscriber base is a sign that things are heading south.

    Obviously a bad sign for those who think WoW is the king of MMOs. This tired, played-again-and-again formula has grown stale and the numbers are starting to show. (Or in this case, the lack of numbers)
    No king rules forever, however, a king does continue to rule until death or being overthrown...

  6. #126
    They are dancing around the figures and refuse to accept that the real subscribers are going down.

    The team worked hard to create a good variety of deeply engaged content for a wide range of players. The challenge mode and the new raids had been very appealing for hard-core players, while our other new features, such as the pet battle system have been popular with players across the board. This breadth of new content, combined with a vast amount of existing content in World of Warcraft, has resulted in the game that has a lot to offer for veterans, as well as newcomers to online gaming.
    What a load of manure... The challenge mode scene is only about the FotM classes. Pet battles are an extreme waste of time.

    People here completely ignore the fact that the forums have been exploding with negative feedback about class balance, gating, grinds for raid gear, etc. These things have already driven people away and seeing how Blizzard just flat put lies about numbers and ignores questions is frustrating.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    People here completely ignore the fact that the forums have been exploding with negative feedback about class balance, gating, grinds for raid gear, etc. These things have already driven people away and seeing how Blizzard just flat put lies about numbers and ignores questions is frustrating.
    I'm guessing you never read the forums during vanilla. Or TBC. Or Wrath. Or Cata. Come to think of it, I can't remember a time when the forums weren't exploding with complaints and negativity.

    I love how you claim Blizzard is lying about numbers based on...what exactly? Anger that the numbers are better than you wanted them to be?

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    They are dancing around the figures and refuse to accept that the real subscribers are going down.

    What a load of manure... The challenge mode scene is only about the FotM classes. Pet battles are an extreme waste of time.
    Just because you don't like something does not require it to be disliked by anyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    People here completely ignore the fact that the forums have been exploding with negative feedback about class balance, gating, grinds for raid gear, etc. These things have already driven people away and seeing how Blizzard just flat put lies about numbers and ignores questions is frustrating.
    People(especially the likes of you) pranced around screaming how wonderful TBC was and Blizzard has given them TBC...

    ...now all we need is a raid-wide warlock and shaman stacking, pity they have limited the number of possible combat resurrectibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I'm guessing you never read the forums during vanilla. Or TBC. Or Wrath. Or Cata. Come to think of it, I can't remember a time when the forums weren't exploding with complaints and negativity.

    I love how you claim Blizzard is lying about numbers based on...what exactly? Anger that the numbers are better than you wanted them to be?
    Well, put.

  9. #129
    If the numbers where really great, it would have been communicated, like always (even decreasing numbers have been communicated up until now).
    What the reason is that it is kept a secret now, is beyond me. Even big losses have been published on the frontpage... so why not now?
    I don't know if it is because of the earlier announcement that subs went up to 10 million?

  10. #130
    The figures are there, it's just nothing new as they quote the figures at the end of the quarter, not now, ie they state that subcriptions were over 10M as of the 30th September, "According to Activision Blizzard internal estimates".

    It's the next quarter's release that will measure how well MoP has managed to retain subscriptions.

  11. #131
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I'm guessing you never read the forums during vanilla. Or TBC. Or Wrath. Or Cata. Come to think of it, I can't remember a time when the forums weren't exploding with complaints and negativity.

    I love how you claim Blizzard is lying about numbers based on...what exactly? Anger that the numbers are better than you wanted them to be?
    Well i have watched the forums and the current stew of crz hate, daily hate, and brawlers guilds anger is a shit storm unparalleled since horde got paladins. Or since dungeons got hard in Cataclysm. In fact just like when dungeons got hard in cataclysm we had people like you dismissing the forum vitriol and anger away saying thats just normal and standard procedure. Well I hope you keep it up then just like hard dungeons we'll EVENTUALLY see some change. Cataclysm 2.0 right on display folks.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    People(especially the likes of you) pranced around screaming how wonderful TBC was and Blizzard has given them TBC...
    Dailies in TBC were only about mounts, vanity and orgri'la shield (they had no own instance). The raid progression items were obtain through group PvE content, coordination and effort.

    The dailies today are the ONLY way to spend your Valor points. Valor points exist to soften RNG and speed up the gearing process. By deciding to gate this Blizzard have forced people to grind their boring SOLO content for months. They are milking longer subs for little to no actual work put in to real GROUP content. Limitation like the new talents make the game more and more arcade and less RPG.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    ...now all we need is a raid-wide warlock and shaman stacking, pity they have limited the number of possible combat resurrectibility.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ralon/25N/dps/

    Your comment is like hearing Ghostcrawler talk about "Small deltas" i.e. completely wrong.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2012-11-08 at 09:14 AM.

  13. #133
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post

    People(especially the likes of you) pranced around screaming how wonderful TBC was and Blizzard has given them TBC...
    Honestly if the developers think this is TBC like then they didn't play TBC and neither did any of you. The wealth of ignorance on display about the history of the game is stunning. The best is that many of you claim that they tried to make the game TBC like but in the same breath accept the developers claim that "double dipping" through tabards was a bad thing. Well pro tip: I was double dipping in TBC as well. Hell I've been double dipping since vanilla. I got rep in dungeons for argent crusade and thorium brotherhood via turn ins. You have ALWAYS GOT REP FROM DUNGEONS in some fashion or another and to some extent or another. "double dipping" has been a part of this game longer than daily quests. Yet you all accept their bullshit line about "double dipping" as if it's gospel truth when it reality the developers just astutely recognized that this one particular aspect of the game could be exploited much better. Enough they hope to keep you subbed while they pumped out more cheap content. It's a cynical move and I hope it bites them in the ass.

    Even if they managed to fully replicate TBC in every way well that would be even dumber. The game has moved on since then, I would trust the developers to acknowledge this and not attempt to regress the game to achieve some paradigm that is clearly skewed by memory and frankly probably not achievable respective to the player base. Not only has wow grown but the players have grown to.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-08 at 09:20 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ralon/25N/dps/

    Your comment is like hearing Ghostcrawler talk about "Small deltas" i.e. completely wrong.
    Not sure what point you're trying to make by linking that World of Logs. Garalon is a fight that favors melee in general, and Rogues are awesome at it due to their use of Blade Flurry.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    If the numbers where really great, it would have been communicated, like always (even decreasing numbers have been communicated up until now).
    What the reason is that it is kept a secret now, is beyond me. Even big losses have been published on the frontpage... so why not now?
    I don't know if it is because of the earlier announcement that subs went up to 10 million?
    This was the Q3 financial report, we already have those numbers, hence why they didn't give us an update. Every financial call to this date always had numbers of the prior Quarter. Why would you expect Q4 subscription numbers in the Q3 financial report?

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Not sure what point you're trying to make by linking that World of Logs. Garalon is a fight that favors melee in general, and Rogues are awesome at it due to their use of Blade Flurry.
    He was claiming there is no class imbalance at the moment and was bashing TBC which is flat out wrong. A few changes to BL and CR mechanics were made in Wrath to fix the problems he mentioned, but the game balance today is far worse than it was during cataclysm or wrath.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    He was claiming there is no class imbalance at the moment and was bashing TBC which is flat out wrong. A few changes to BL and CR mechanics were made in Wrath to fix the problems he mentioned, but the game balance today is far worse than it was during cataclysm or wrath.
    Yeah but you didn't make any sort of point with that Log. In the history of raiding there's always been those one or two fights that one class excelled on and it was preferential to bring them. Raids stacked Arcane Mages on Spine of Deathwing. They stacked Resto Shammy in Sunwell. During the middle point of BC Warlocks were so OP it was ridiculous. Besides the fact that we're still at the beginning of this expansion cycle (as in, only a month into raiding), so no doubt there are going to be some anomalies, some blips on the radar screen as it were.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    If the numbers where really great, it would have been communicated, like always (even decreasing numbers have been communicated up until now).
    What the reason is that it is kept a secret now, is beyond me. Even big losses have been published on the frontpage... so why not now?
    I don't know if it is because of the earlier announcement that subs went up to 10 million?
    I guess it is because it was temporary gain and Blizzard's current numbers are sad. You can't ping-pong 7-8 years old game in different directions without consequences. One change was enough for SWG so it had to be shut down.
    Not sure what point you're trying to make by linking that World of Logs. Garalon is a fight that favors melee in general, and Rogues are awesome at it due to their use of Blade Flurry.
    His point was great. Especially if to consider that rogues are broken as dps outside Garalon (which makes this point even more funny). Also don't forget that massive class-stacking started only with SWP, which was designed by GC himself as his first step. There was no real need in class-stacking before SWP. Instead of rethinking his mistakes, he and his team started to castrate game and make classes dull, homogenized, and still we have class-stacking!
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-11-08 at 09:37 AM.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I guess it is because it was temporary gain and Blizzard's current numbers are sad. You can't ping-pong 7-8 years old game in different directions without consequences. One change was enough for SWG so it had to be shut down.

    His point was great. Especially if to consider that rogues are broken as dps outside Garalon (which makes this point even more funny). Also don't forget that massive class-stacking started only with SWP, which was designed by GC himself as his first step. There was no real need in class-stacking before SWP. Instead of rethinking his mistakes, he and his team started to castrate game and make classes dull, homogenized, and still we have class-stacking!
    But he didn't link anything to prove that Rogue class stacking is going on. One class topping the rankings for one boss doesn't make that class particularly powerful overall. It just means they're good for that one fight. And besides, these are some of the top guilds you'll see reaching these rankings. 99% of guilds don't care about class stacking, and the top 1% you will never be able to keep them from min / maxing, because that's what they do to achieve their success.

    The important issue about class stacking is ensuring that you don't need to stack a certain class in order to down a fight. The difference between SWP Shaman-stacking and nowadays Garalon-Rogue stacking (no proof of that, btw) is that you don't need Rogues to kill Garalon.

    Also not sure why people use SW:G as the poster boy for failure. It had a great run (it even lasted longer than WoW has so far, no?), but also had a smaller fan base than WoW does. Plus Blizzard doesn't rewrite the rules with every expansion, they just overhaul system mechanics. Change is a good thing. Stagnation is not.
    Last edited by Wowalixi; 2012-11-08 at 09:48 AM.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I'm guessing you never read the forums during vanilla. Or TBC. Or Wrath. Or Cata. Come to think of it, I can't remember a time when the forums weren't exploding with complaints and negativity.
    It's far worse now than it's ever been. People simply don't like World of Daily Quest Craft. The system needs to change.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •