Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Demono lock are pretty good, there's no denying of that.
    But saying they are the "God of 3s" or even close to warriors or mages is just completely wrong.
    Jahmilli the R1 mage in the world right now won't even fight demo locks because they are so strong, go watch last weeks king of the hill on AJ.

Reckful, Vanguards and just about every other top player will tell you Demo lock is the #1 spec in the game right now in competitive arena.

Its not really any surprise, AoE is basically handicapping anyone you fight against by 30ilvl.
    Last edited by Axi; 2012-11-14 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post
    Jahmilli the R1 mage in the world right now won't even fight demo locks because they are so strong, go watch last weeks king of the hill on AJ.

Reckful, Vanguards and just about every other top player will tell you Demo lock is the #1 spec in the game right now in competitive arena.
    Jahmili is not the R1 mage in the world, and is probably running shattercleave (Or god comp whatever), which is soft countered by demo locks.

It's easy to make people talk, link me where they are making such statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Jahmili is not the R1 mage in the world, and is probably running shattercleave (Or god comp whatever), which is soft countered by demo locks.

It's easy to make people talk, link me where they are making such statements.
    Do you honestly think Aura of Enfeeblement doesn't counter 95% of comps? Seriously?

Do you honestly think Aura of Enfeeblement doesn't counter 95% of comps? Seriously?
    Do you honestly think it does ?
    Do you even know the definition of a counter ?

PS : The main reason why it's countered is because shattercleave include a Rdrood, just like any healer that isnt a shaman right now they are getting demolished by blood fear, a WLS can easily outlast them in addition to burst them down
    Last edited by Gangresnake; 2012-11-14 at 06:44 PM.

I wouldn't say demo locks counter anything per se, they're just overpowered. An ability "demolishing" all but one healer and pretty flat throughput reduction against the majority of damage-dealers sounds like pretty widespread effectiveness to me. To me a counter is something a lot more specific--glyphed purge against a resto druid, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I wouldn't say demo locks counter anything per se, they're just overpowered. An ability "demolishing" all but one healer and pretty flat throughput reduction against the majority of damage-dealers sounds like pretty widespread effectiveness to me. To me a counter is something a lot more specific--glyphed purge against a resto druid, for example.
    Demolish is a bit excessive of a word, DR still exist and so is the 10sec cooldown, it's still a pain in the ass to deal with, Shaman not only deal with it better because of tremor but also because they have far much healing output that any other healers, so in the end they would be the one kinda "coutering everything"
    Demonology being overpowered depend of your definition of overpowered, statistically their representation is below Feral and Dk, so even if you would argue that they are "rising" atm, it would have to be a pretty large definition

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    That's just the absurdity of it though, the guy suggesting god comp is 'countered' by Demo lock, as if its something that specifically pertains to the weakness of god comp vs demo. By that definition it 'counters' almost anything.

Aura of Enfeeblement is Incredibly powerful right now, like few other abilities that have ever been implemented.

Mage is going to be stupid too before long(it already is against undergeared teams) because of the interface of shatter bonus with gear outscaling hp/resi pools. To say its anywhere near demo overall right now is incredibly naive.

Their representation is low because the spec was only 'discovered' in a serious way by the top players within the past couple of weeks. Everyone was too busy working out how to make destro work.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    They need to start employing 11x gladiator players and stop throwing out random changes that solve nothing. Really, Avatar makes you no longer immune to slows? Guys. Its not the immunity. You don't die to the immunity. You die because you're in a 4 second stun being hit for 300k.
    the immunity makes landing that 3 second stun and 300k burst so much easier. seriously, you try peeling a warrior during bust. i dare you. its is exceptionally hard.

you shouldn't have abilities that both increase your damage and make you immune to peels.

thats like putting a fear immunity on avenging wrath. do you want to be at the receiving end of an unsnareable, unfearable ret paladin during their burst?

no. no one does. but thats pretty much what avatar/zerker rage interaction does for warriors. except warriors have better mobility, and better damage, and better burst.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Demo lock is basically the god of the 3s bracket at the moment, so yeah.. if your a lock like it sounds like, play 3s.
    Yes, I do better in 3s than 2s by far... (perhaps because my 3s has an arms warrior who carries us lol)... still, I'd pay to switch my class from lock to warrior any day. I played both end game years ago and liked lock better, but life was different then... fears lasted longer and locks dominated the arena charts as bad as warriors do now. But, honestly, if you measure on damage alone, locks don't have it - wars, mages and dks have it... Lock has some finesse, which has pros and cons. Even in our wins, my damage is rarely above our arms war - because I spend so much time being cc'd it's ridiculous. I even use trink and also unbound will (which I know is a "no-no") and I'm still cc'd half the match (silence,stun,whatever), easy.