Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Warrior viability in 5.1

I made a warrior on the PTR, i have never gotten my warrior to level 80 on live, i wanted to see how good they where. Warriors are ridiculous, i can one shot anything with the one shot macro, and i rarely ever die. when i use my one shot macro i generally hit things for around 200-300k instantly then carry on doing 90-120k crits non stop for about 10 seconds. i was doing 3s with 2 other warriors we won every single match within 5 seconds of entering. this is no extradition, CD stacking needs to be looked at. Also, if you can kite good and use second wind + defensive stance you never die. I entered a 2v2 match on my own because my team mate was unable to join against a disc priest and a ret paladin, i managed to kill the priest in under 3 seconds and proceeded to kill the ret paladin by kiting and waiting on CDs, warriors will be completely viable when 5.1 drops, maybe even too viable.

This is obviously an attempt at a subtle nerf warriors thread. Nice one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    This is obviously an attempt at a subtle nerf warriors thread. Nice one.
    Not so much as a nerf, just a look into the amount of power up CDs warriors have and how they can chain them all together. Reck, avatar, banner,trinket, (the one that makes you immune to fear and increases damage?) and deadly calm, combine this with dragos roar, you have an instant win button, i might have missed some abilities out but i cant be arsed to check the macro i made.

When you play arena at high rating, when you pop everything ( if you now will for some reason) they will just cc you instantly, and with the gag order change we are now a easy kill for casters, the avatar nerf hurts to cuz if you pop cd's they can just root you and you cant do anything and if you get dispelled they will cc you. I say it's pretty big nerfs, we need nerfs though dont get me wrong but i think this is the wrong way to do it, they should have kept the heroic throw silence and nerfed our damage during cd's more or just made it so we cant pop everything at the same time, i know that would hurt pve but they could make it to it only works in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    When you play arena at high rating, when you pop everything ( if you now will for some reason) they will just cc you instantly, and with the gag order change we are now a easy kill for casters, the avatar nerf hurts to cuz if you pop cd's they can just root you and you cant do anything and if you get dispelled they will cc you. I say it's pretty big nerfs, we need nerfs though dont get me wrong but i think this is the wrong way to do it, they should have kept the heroic throw silence and nerfed our damage during cd's more or just made it so we cant pop everything at the same time, i know that would hurt pve but they could make it to it only works in pvp.
    I think, they should stop you from CD stacking, but i also think that the avatar nerf was a bit much, the 24 seconds? correct me if im wrong, of not being cc-able was a bit too much, i think they should have just reduced the amount of time you where un cc-able in pvp maybe to 8 seconds? instead of removing it all together. As for gag order, i agree the heroic throw silence should still be usable in pvp for when you are rooted and their is a caster on you. but as blizzard said, if a caster can keep you at bay they should be allowed to get some casts off on you.

Also now with the avatar nerf i would say it would be nice to get back the pvp 4set that broke slows and roots. I think they nerf the wrong things, to high damage during cd's is the real problem i think, sure remove the pummel silence and nerf avatar abit but dont destroy the class in pvp. Also why do they remove the extra rage increase from avatar? makes no sense to me, now it's only 20% damage increase and a root breaker on 3min cd. The change from immunity to slows and roots to a rootbreaker when you pop it was enough i would think.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2012-11-07 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    when i use my one shot macro i generally hit things for around 200-300k instantly then carry on doing 90-120k crits non stop for about 10 seconds.
    Yeah, sure you did.

"SS or it didn't happen." , please. with ALL cooldowns and trinkets popped i doubt your crits went above 90k ( on slams/MS, on a clothie, with colossus smash ).

And i guess your one-shot macro also gives you 5 stacks of TfB instantly, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Yeah, sure you did.

"SS or it didn't happen." , please. with ALL cooldowns and trinkets popped i doubt your crits went above 90k ( on slams/MS, on a clothie, with colossus smash ).

And i guess your one-shot macro also gives you 5 stacks of TfB instantly, right?
    I will get you your ss, as soon as i am on my desktop again, it should be said that i was in full malevolent gear, with all enchants and gems.

Is this a joke? They could nerf warrior damage by 100% heroic strike would still do 30.000 damage, that's more then most classes can do rofl
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AiAtola View Post
    Is this a joke? They could nerf warrior damage by 100% heroic strike would still do 30.000 damage, that's more then most classes can do rofl
    If they nerfed Warrior damage by 100% they would do no damage at all so Heroic Strike would also do 0 damage.

Also not sure what game you're playing if you think most classes can't hit over 30k..

Deleted
    It's terrifying how some other classes are in the shadow of warriors and hunters just because of those videos being shared around the WoW community atm.

Mages - Can do INSANE, INSANE damage WITHOUT even casting! I thought mages was casters?
    DKs - Can do INSANE crits without using any big cds really, stun everyone within a particular radius (not sure how big it is), unless people using anti-movement imparing cds.
    Shadow priests - Can do INSANE crits with Devouring plague + Mind Blast, also insanely good off healers atm, just turtle until 3 orbs and one shot something, YEAH I SAID IT.
    Feral druids - With cds, can do same damage as warriors with cds, a little easier to stop in some scenarios, and then again, they cant be rooted, disarmed nor polymorphed.

This is just a few, but atm the hybrid classes are so fucking strong turtelers atm that its really sad seeing people still whining about warriors even though they are getting HUGE nerfs. I mean a warrior is really easy to stop atm and in 5.1 when they cant range silence (which was stupid indeed, but please keep the pummel silence, stupid to remove that one) and can be rooted with their strongest CD.

Deleted
    Hybrids are getting a nerf, pvp power no longer effects your healing if you are in a dps spec, this change makes a HUGE difference. before on my shadow priest i could heal with a flash heal for 170k on a crit, without the pvp power scaling on pts i heal for around 40k on a crit. i agree that other classes are hiding in the warriors shadow and being UN-noticed, but once warriors receive their nerfs, people will start on the next class and call for nerfs on them too, its a viscous cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    It's terrifying how some other classes are in the shadow of warriors and hunters just because of those videos being shared around the WoW community atm.

Mages - Can do INSANE, INSANE damage WITHOUT even casting! I thought mages was casters?
    DKs - Can do INSANE crits without using any big cds really, stun everyone within a particular radius (not sure how big it is), unless people using anti-movement imparing cds.
    Shadow priests - Can do INSANE crits with Devouring plague + Mind Blast, also insanely good off healers atm, just turtle until 3 orbs and one shot something, YEAH I SAID IT.
    Feral druids - With cds, can do same damage as warriors with cds, a little easier to stop in some scenarios, and then again, they cant be rooted, disarmed nor polymorphed.

This is just a few, but atm the hybrid classes are so fucking strong turtelers atm that its really sad seeing people still whining about warriors even though they are getting HUGE nerfs. I mean a warrior is really easy to stop atm and in 5.1 when they cant range silence (which was stupid indeed, but please keep the pummel silence, stupid to remove that one) and can be rooted with their strongest CD.
    Actually they can be disarmed, and often times they'll just keep dpsing with losing out on all of their weapon damage. Warriors however can't realistically be disarmed with their 60% reduction.

The problem with warriors is Dragons Roar, TFB, and immunity to all CCs. Dragons roar is critting for 200k+ with all CDs up, 5 stacks of TFB, regardless how rare it is, can 1shot anyone on command, and Avatar insures they can do whatever the hell they want.

Hybrids are getting a nerf, pvp power no longer effects your healing if you are in a dps spec, this change makes a HUGE difference. before on my shadow priest i could heal with a flash heal for 170k on a crit, without the pvp power scaling on pts i heal for around 40k on a crit. i agree that other classes are hiding in the warriors shadow and being UN-noticed, but once warriors receive their nerfs, people will start on the next class and call for nerfs on them too, its a viscous cycle.
    source on pvp power change?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    source on pvp power change?
    Its on the PTR, it no longer benefits healing if you are not in a healer spec. just log in and have a look for yourself

EDIT: just logged into my preist it says 52% pvp power then 0.00% healing power
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2012-11-08 at 02:11 AM.

Deleted
    Oh really? I must have missed this change, this will be huge.

My predictions is that frost mages will dominate so hard now when warriors get nerfed that the game will be even more broken. Unless Blizzard announces nerfes to the frost burst (atleast make them need to cast, please). Or have I missed mage changes aswell?

Please buff frost mages.

"I want warriors to sit in the middle of the arena and do no dmg not be able to move and die instantly" thanks guys, and no warrior who is taking arena even kind of srs is going to use dragons roar btw. Again, im not sure why you guys dont want warriors to be a real class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Oh really? I must have missed this change, this will be huge.

My predictions is that frost mages will dominate so hard now when warriors get nerfed that the game will be even more broken. Unless Blizzard announces nerfes to the frost burst (atleast make them need to cast, please). Or have I missed mage changes aswell?
    i agree, my main is a mage, i play fire in pvp because it has at least one cast that you have to keep up. frost takes very little skill to master and all you need is FoF procs and brainfreeze procs to win, without even needing to cast a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post

The problem with warriors is Dragons Roar, TFB, and immunity to all CCs. Dragons roar is critting for 200k+ with all CDs up, 5 stacks of TFB, regardless how rare it is, can 1shot anyone on command, and Avatar insures they can do whatever the hell they want.
    Please there is no need for gross exaggerations. You do realize that many of us actually play warriors and know how much damage abilities actually do right?
    I can't see Dragon roar feasibly hitting 200k even with berserker buff, one shot macro with an on use trinket and one proc trinket proccing AP. Not against someone in PvP gear. I got 11k PvP power

And you are delusional in thinking that even now, with avatar granting immunity we can get an on demand 5 stack TfB. I can barely manage it in PVE on a tank and spank stand still raid boss.