Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Duping is back....Blood Spirits this time.

    Just saw 2 level 1s with keyboard-mash names selling 20x Blood Spirits in trade. One was advertising for 90k, pretty sure I can get them for less though if I haggled in Mandarin.

    Just a heads up. Looks like Blizzard didn't patch the loophole that resulted in Deathchargers flooding the market. Pretty sure Blood Spirits are gonna be worthless if this continues. Then again, not really a bad thing since they're a retarded mechanic.

    Still, buyer beware.

    Edit: I will post screenshots when I get home. I was remoted into my comp so the SS was taken there.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2012-11-07 at 06:39 PM.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    More likely, they've duped a purple item, sharded it, and are selling the blood spirits (because WTS 20x crafting mat is less conspicous and easier than WTS 20x Epix)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    More likely, they've duped a purple item, sharded it, and are selling the blood spirits (because WTS 20x crafting mat is less conspicous and easier than WTS 20x Epix)
    Why dupe something with an extra step when you can go right to the source?

  5. #5
    Field Marshal meldora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    74
    I think you're jumping to conclusions here.

    You see 20 Blood Shards being sold on a realm by a character without a read'able name and you jump to the conclusion that they duped? Are you familiar with cross realm arbitrage? You know there is a gold transfer caps too, so someone might just want to transfer their wealth to a new realm. They may also have been transferred from the other faction via the neutral auction house. I do that sort of thing all the time and it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for me to do it on a character with a weird name.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Why dupe something with an extra step when you can go right to the source?
    Because it is easier to track a duplicate item, than something acquired from a duplicate item. A lot of the people in possession of Death Chargers got banned or lost the item. Less likely to happen when the items dont have duplicate IDs

  7. #7
    The same way you are a botter when you want to sell 200 stacks of herbs.

  8. #8
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,697
    From what I know, looking for raid items could be disenchanted and you'd get a crystal + blood, than use the item restore to get the looking for raid epics back without losing the bloods.
    Blizzard hotfixed disenchanting looking for raid items a while ago so they no longer give bloods so I don't really think people are duping bloods until I see crazy stuff on my own realm.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Just saw 2 level 1s with keyboard-mash names selling 20x Blood Spirits in trade. One was advertising for 90k, pretty sure I can get them for less though if I haggled in Mandarin.

    Just a heads up. Looks like Blizzard didn't patch the loophole that resulted in Deathchargers flooding the market. Pretty sure Blood Spirits are gonna be worthless if this continues. Then again, not really a bad thing since they're a retarded mechanic.

    Still, buyer beware.

    Edit: I will post screenshots when I get home. I was remoted into my comp so the SS was taken there.

    Same thing on my server.........

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Why dupe something with an extra step when you can go right to the source?
    Because it's less traceable. Once you shard an item, it loses all its properties and traceability. This 'extra step' you're talking about involves a legit 1-button macro and a 2-second cast. It's not a big deal.

  11. #11
    They're not being duped.

    There's a way of getting them without needing to dupe but I'm not gonna post it here because it will just make the problem even worse.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    Because it's less traceable. Once you shard an item, it loses all its properties and traceability. This 'extra step' you're talking about involves a legit 1-button macro and a 2-second cast. It's not a big deal.
    And honestly, You don't know if they're actually just exploiting an ingame mechanic or using a 3rd party tool to dupe. If there was a way to get an abundant number of BoP purps to shard, it'd be just as profitable as selling "Deathchargers"

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    And honestly, You don't know if they're actually just exploiting an ingame mechanic or using a 3rd party tool to dupe. If there was a way to get an abundant number of BoP purps to shard, it'd be just as profitable as selling "Deathchargers"
    You don't realise just how close to how they're getting them you are

  14. #14
    It wouldnt surprise me if duping is back, it is getting a bit weird seeing the Jeweled Onyx Panther going for 35k gold less than the vendor mats cost alone.

    Blood spirits are still 6-7k each on my server though.
    Armory
    All who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    Zeratul has always just been the batman of outerspace.

  15. #15
    Glad I sold mine for 10k each a couple weeks back.

    Also noticed this on my server too, both on Alli and Horde side. All level 1s with deacent names trying to sell Blood Spirits. My first thought was a dupe bug being exploited, but its possible that accounts were hacked (less likely, of course).

    I just thought it was odd that they were trying to sell them for more than they were currently going for on the AH. O.o

  16. #16
    yep there was a level 1 on my server selling 40 of them.

  17. #17
    Still 3k each on my server... would mind getting my hands of a stack or 2..
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

    General George S Patton

  18. #18
    Mechagnome darkminaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    606
    there are a lot on my server, ah is praticly flooded with it, so i kinda doubht it's all dumping
    a lot of items just get realy bad and you change from lfr/normal to hof normal or hc items and if you can diss it you do it.

    friend of mine got around 20 of them by simply destroying his gear

    but normaly they dupe (how ever it is done) stuff that actualy gives a lot of gold, blood spirits are pretty cheap

  19. #19
    Not to mention the fact that you might get the same epic loot from coin on a boss. Take Elegon for example where a lot of classes need weapons form him, they coin it almost each week, but then you might get the same loot over and over. I got the plate gloves 3rd time from the coing, other might experience the same. Since that item is useless and if they have enchanting, that might account for some of the extra number of blood spirits out there.

  20. #20
    there is ALWAYS a duping method but there may literally be 10 people on earth who know it. it's a very protected and profitable thing at first, we're talking $20,000 a year per person (usually a team of 4 or 5) from selling the gold or even items related to the dupe method

    they have a new dupe ready the second an old one is broken, but they rarely need more than 2 methods a year

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •