Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    That would explain depleted kyparium rockets going for less than the 70k in mats it takes to make them.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    it is done by Gm-duping, if you look at 'illegal' forums they are guides on how to

so yes, duping it is

Quote Originally Posted by nerfmagesffs View Post
    it is done by Gm-duping, if you look at 'illegal' forums they are guides on how to

so yes, duping it is
    there aren't guides to this kind of duping anywhere. the method is worth thousands of dollars and they will not give it away

Deleted
    He means they store items on a different char or sth, then pretend they were hacked, then get a restore.

There is no actual duping method, its all GM trickery.

Quote Originally Posted by meldora View Post
    I think you're jumping to conclusions here.

You see 20 Blood Shards being sold on a realm by a character without a read'able name and you jump to the conclusion that they duped? Are you familiar with cross realm arbitrage? You know there is a gold transfer caps too, so someone might just want to transfer their wealth to a new realm. They may also have been transferred from the other faction via the neutral auction house. I do that sort of thing all the time and it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for me to do it on a character with a weird name.
    Check TUJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Figured they'd dupe something eventually this expansion. I had started to notice the blood spirit spam in trade too a couple of days ago on my very high pop server.

Well, it's cheap 496s for everybody at least, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder if the item retrieval system only takes the sha crystal back, or the blood spirits as well.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are specific rules to the two most popular dupes. With the most popular dupe, you can only dupe stackable items (hence why it was done with Blood Spirits, epic gems in Cata, and Essences of Destruction). However, there is another way that I'm 80% sure involves duplicating a quest item/reward, which is the reason that it was done with the Crimson Deathcharger mount.

I mean, if they could dupe any mount, they'd just dupe TCG mounts all day long (well, the Spectral Tiger is unique, so not that one).

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    i wonder if the item retrieval system only takes the sha crystal back, or the blood spirits as well.
    Still only once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    That would explain depleted kyparium rockets going for less than the 70k in mats it takes to make them.
    Nah, that's just rich people server transferring over (you have to have less than 50k to transfer).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    There are specific rules to the two most popular dupes. With the most popular dupe, you can only dupe stackable items (hence why it was done with Blood Spirits, epic gems in Cata, and Essences of Destruction). However, there is another way that I'm 80% sure involves duplicating a quest item/reward, which is the reason that it was done with the Crimson Deathcharger mount.

I mean, if they could dupe any mount, they'd just dupe TCG mounts all day long (well, the Spectral Tiger is unique, so not that one).

Still only once a month.
    Yes, once per month per account.
    With stolen creditcards or by canceling the payment, people can get accounts that last for a few hours to a day and use to dupe without paying anything.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    dupeing is rampent on my server blood spirits TCG mounts havent noticed anythign with the new panthers from JC or engi rockets....yet i assume theyll all be 10k just like vial of the sands was in cata i mean a swift spectral tiger for 200k?...5 months ago they were 600k lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Someone over on the gold making forums (consort) posted some statistics on this. 4k quantity jump within a week US wide, and hugely increasing from there.

Confirming level 1's and 80's selling 80x blood spirits as well, gets cheaper the more you buy.

Deleted
    Good. I hope it'll happen on my server as well. Blood spirits are way overpriced and the decision to remove them from disenchanted LFR loot is just stupid. First time I actually side with the dupers.

Deleted
    This just arrived here too. Level 1s with indecipherable names, selling incredible (80+) amount of blood spirits at well below normal price. The amount alone is more than one guild could sell if they disenchanted every piece of loot they got since launch, so please don't pull the "BANK ALT!!" line, it's ridiculous.

I'd be just a bit happier if there was the slightest suggestion from blizzard that they acknowledge it being a problem, as opposed to banning anyone who mentions it on the official forums and deleting all the threads.

WTB on my shitty server. I could use some cheap epics/mounts!

Dam I bought a lot of gold carp on weekday to sell at week end. So I must be a botter.
    If I realm transfer due to the 50k gold cap I invest my gold on high end crafting mat (read blood spirit), I must be duping.
    Thanks OP for teaching me logic.

No saying it is impossible but the OP's logic is broken...

By the way level 1 selling stuff is normal. All leveling guide tell you to set up AH/banking characters. So being level 1 tell you nothing really. On one realm I have three level one Orc banker.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-11-15 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Still only once a month.

Nah, that's just rich people server transferring over (you have to have less than 50k to transfer).
    Stacking up epics, DE them all, then recover to de again, alot of Blood Spirits, yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    He means they store items on a different char or sth, then pretend they were hacked, then get a restore.

There is no actual duping method, its all GM trickery.
    Exactly, they are abusing the GMs who have to do dozens of these per day and don´t bother to research where the original items went. Basically they are just petitioning a GM, saying they were hacked of items that they actually gave to their friend to hold.

I bought 180 blood spirit on new years day for 800g each and immediately used 120-ish to craft items for auction. I was contacted by a GM the following day and he informed me that they were duplicated items and needed to be deleted. The items that sold were exempt from this return. S/he gave me the gold back for each raw spirit and the living steel/silk/hides for each unsold epic.

I sold 7-items at market value with depreciated blood spirit costs. The character that sold me the blood spirits no longer exists... their guild is gone as well.

I have 40 of the damn things in my gbank right now... its completely possible to have that many without duping. Selling them for cheap when you have that many of them isnt a bad idea since when 5.2 comes out they will be obsolete.
    do what you feel.

20 blood spirits is NOTHING! I just saw lvl 1 selling 200 blood spirits!!! Why is blizzard encouraging gold farmers and hackers to find ways to dupe items and remove blood spirits from LFR. It's like they are saying "yes, please dupe these items and make a living" vs just let people be able to obtain them from LFR and craft their chests. Retarded method