Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dungeons and Dragons

Anyone else play? I used to, but haven't since about 2006. And this makes me very sad. Used to play 3.5 edition, and bought about 40 books for it. Also been working on my campaign world since October 2003, but really only have the races and country names finalized. The world map has changed many times over these 9 years. And every time I log off WoW, I get this giant urge to play D&D again.

So, who else plays? Used to play? What system did/do you use? I started out in 2nd edition, but before that played 1 little 20 minute session of 1st edition AD&D. But I moved on to 3rd and 3.5, and have been looking into Pathfinder. I brushed off 4th, and after looking further into 5th edition (D&DNext) playtest, I will be sticking to 3.5/Pathfinder for creating my world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I DM'd until June of last year. Semi-retired from D&D.

I love Pathfinder - sadly all the people I enjoyed playing with don't play any more.

I used to GM free form Pathfinder ... love it but don't play.

Deleted
    I used to play briefly 3.5 but my work schedule did not allow m e consistent play so I droped. Now we're waiting with friends to see what the fifth edition will be like (one of them signed up for the "beta" as well) and then we'll decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I'm not currently playing is my friends are jerks who refuse to.

I'd likely give it a shot if I had anyone who was interested in giving it a shot.

Deleted
    DnD are one of the better systems

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a little of 4th edition, but the people I played with had trouble making it on time, so we kind of burned out. Which is a shame, because we all really liked playing.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently trying to get into it. I'm really interested, but sadly I only have two friends who are kind of interested, and they're more "meh" about it.

I'm even willing to DM, but so far had no look in finding a group.

Sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played once in a while with a couple friends about a year ago, I couldn't really enjoy it as anything else than the DM, luckily I was the only one who wanted to..

10+ Year Old Account
    I started with AD&D 2nd Edition, but then tried 3e and 3.5e (which I prefer). Though right now I have noone to really play it with and I do miss it a bit.
    I think the d20 system is so easy to modify that it can be used for almost everything with a little bit of work.

As campaigns I used to play Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance, but with them having a world changing cataclysm and whatnot every time a new system is released I lost interest in them.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

I played D&D and AD&D up to 4th edition. Using the term "played" really loosely as I only had a handful of actual sitdown sessions of play. However, I did play by post for about a couple of years in 2.5e, 3.5e and briefly in 4.0e campaigns.

Was a HUGE fan of 3.5e Modern rule set. Like flippin' HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I played D&D and AD&D up to 4th edition. Using the term "played" really loosely as I only had a handful of actual sitdown sessions of play. However, I did play by post for about a couple of years in 2.5e, 3.5e and briefly in 4.0e campaigns.

Was a HUGE fan of 3.5e Modern rule set. Like flippin' HUGE.
    I couldn't find anyone that was interested in the d20 modern stuff. Makes me feel like I wasted the money buying the 3 books I got (d20 modern, urban arcana, and d20 future).

Yea, I loved them but only played by post. I love, love, love modern day settings mixed w/ magic or cyberpunk stuff.

Some of my favorites are like the original Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, the GURPS stuff like Gamma World, etc.

I have some love in the white Wolf stuff like Hunter and Mage too.

It even translates to a lot of my favorites in video games; Persona, Parasite Eve, Secret World, etc.

I guess those are all particular type of games. But open, modular systems that are parallel to modern phenomena w/ a dash of horror are quite pleasing to me.

I was trying start play with Forgotten Realms (bough two books) but I was unable find people who play

NERDS! ALL OF YOU, NERDS!

(Actually I've always wanted to play but have never been able to find anyone else who is interested ;_;
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-11-11 at 06:00 PM.

Your words hurt me deeply, Edge. So deep.

:'(

Deleted
    Only played Call of Cthulu Tech once, loved it to death, been wanting to try out more of it and other RPGS but friends that live in the area aren't interested (The ones I played that one session of Call of Cthulu Tech with live in another country)

Currently playing 3.5 D&D. Been playing D&D since 3.0 was kind of new.

In our current game, I'm a level 11 cleric that's basically been turned into a half angel by Pelor, (I can use greater visage of the deity once per day as a free action) and I like to wade into combat with my quickened righteous might and divine power spells. Because a defensive cleric build that buffs strength from 10 to 28 is OP.

My group meets once a week on friday for about 5 hours. We expect this current campaign will end at around level 15, then we're gonna draw up new characters at level 1 with weapons of legacy, with the intention of going all the way to around level 30-40. Our group currently has 7 players, not counting the DM. I also DM a different campaign from time to time when our normal DM is feeling lazy.

I'm thinking I'm gonna play a chaotic neutral Human fighter that has a problem with authority for our next game. Should create some interesting roleplaying with one of our other players, who is playing the son of a guard captain. /trollface Should be a nice change of pace after my neutral good cleric.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play alot , got a 3.5E Monk I've had.... basically since 3.5 came out , dont get to play him much anymore... In fact last game I think he retired and is now running a Monastry somewhere, because he'd become SO strong the only thing he couldn't kill were gods

I mostly play Legend of the Five Rings these days, Unicorn Clan FTW! <3 my Moto/Hida hitting for 10k10 with 4 free raises and 40 bonus damage, while able to ignore the first 15 points of damage he recieves and can roll to ignore even more . Sadly my L5R group have pretty much stopped meeting, so I'm on the look out for more Bushi Wannabe's to pick up a new game (gotta be 3E though, I don't roll no stinkin 4E )

That said, some of my friends just started a DnD 4E game over the internet (which is proving more trouble than it's worth tbh...), so I've joined that for a laugh and I've gotta say I'm really liking it. At first I was sceptical... I mean... It's 4E! but as soon as I saw Battleminds... yeah I'm hooked just wish I could find people actually NEAR me, so I don't need to play on the frakkin net, which is lloonngg.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30