Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Most self proclaimed PvPers just want to outgear their opponents and flex their epeen. Basically, a bully. The rest of them actually want competative encounters that force them to play at their best and get better. For the latter, beating someone by outskilling them is the reward.
    Yep. Unfortunately MMO developers have been catering to E-Thugs for years, forcing out the latter.
    Most of the competitive, real pvpers have moved on from the genre back to fps, rts mobas, ect.
    A lot of people complain that the PVP community sucks now, but its not the communities fault so much as the developers for incentivizing the wrong types of pvp and play style.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I think with any kind of top end gear or notable reward there is a big chance for the underside of ranked PvP to rear it's ugly head. Either there needs to some way (if it's even possible) to prevent/punish exploitation, or there needs to be no great reward for people to bother with. For those who want arenas, how would you deal with piloting, win-trading, etc?

I do like the idea of gear normalization, as it's much closer to a game of skill - as much as can be had in a game of rock/paper/scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Viantha View Post
    I think with any kind of top end gear or notable reward there is a big chance for the underside of ranked PvP to rear it's ugly head. Either there needs to some way (if it's even possible) to prevent/punish exploitation, or there needs to be no great reward for people to bother with. For those who want arenas, how would you deal with piloting, win-trading, etc?

I do like the idea of gear normalization, as it's much closer to a game of skill - as much as can be had in a game of rock/paper/scissors.
    You can have gear still just not increasing stages of it, basically making PvP players to invest X hours of your run of the mill battlegrounds to gear up for competitive play (to differentiate PvP and PvE gear wise) once geared you can have seasonal rankings much like WoW (although with a decay system in place promoting continued play even at high ranks) where the rewards is rank and some cosmetic/mount for top players, perhaps a custom achieve with the rank you ended the season at.

In short, remove the focus on PvP gear as the reward without removing PvP gear altogether.

I feel as if your MMR and ammount of points you get for winning an arean should scale together, but not need a set MMR to get gear.

This makes it those that win get gear faster, but the opportunity to get gear is still available to all pvpers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's another good reason not to have arenas in Rift. This is going on as I type this and their now screaming for a ladders/team resets. Don't think arenas should be in game they don't belong in, just my opinion.

https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/267409518021988353

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Here's another good reason not to have arenas in Rift. This is going on as I type this and their now screaming for a ladders/team resets. Don't think arenas should be in game they don't belong in, just my opinion.

https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/267409518021988353
    You know what I like? When a game has bugs and people shit on it and say that Blizzard never has bugs because they deliver "quality" *cough* diablo 3

But anyways.

I doubt that Rift would have that sort of issue. Probably because rift arena would be more for shits and giggles instead of a way of measuring your worth as a human being.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You know what I like? When a game has bugs and people shit on it and say that Blizzard never has bugs because they deliver "quality" *cough* diablo 3

But anyways.

I doubt that Rift would have that sort of issue. Probably because rift arena would be more for shits and giggles instead of a way of measuring your worth as a human being.
    completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post

But anyways.

I think the problem with arenas, is that it brings a level of attention and focus to class balance (and imbalance) that doesn't exist in battlegrounds.

In battlegrounds, its often a dogpile where gear discrepancies or burst dps win the day. But in arenas/duels, there's a much greater focus on mechanics -- timing of cooldowns, numbers of potential interupts, cast times, etc.

Rift already gives a stupid amount of flexibility to classes -- but even when down to 4 archetypes, people continually complain 'warriors OP' or whatever. No developer can ever win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akon View Post
    Srsly i read ppl like the fact that pvp has no gear reward , i read ppl consider balance that all got same gear, i read ppl telling lets do arenas without reward or consider them unbalance.U ppl are either too low or ( something that will prob get me banned). WTF U WANT? I ll waste my time on pvping ill read-practise-kill and die all day long,ill spendt endless nights talking about specific moves and combos should be done in order to win and just cause u and some 9 more nerds manage to kill a big dragon u demand to have equal chance vs me? NO! Definetely NO ill find u ill kill u and ill say "the big dragon sends regards".Srsly have u ever played a decent mmo or u just spam theoritical ideas about what is better for ur time/fun/resistances? if u cant pvp all day long but i can how we gonna be equally rewarded? U are making me sick and i hope u ppl with ideas like these split around the world of MMO cause if u manage to gather all of u in one MMO then it will be totally ruined.Cya in battlefield.JESUS

P.S There are ppl that consider effort should come with a result if in ur little gaming exp u hadnt any results then either the effort was too small or u didnt deserve it.END OF STORY

P.S2 Ppl like u deserve only Lineage2 games, to actually FEAR the other and not just crying about op and pvp and shit, true FEAR among the enemies something that only Lineage2 had back to its good old days.Dont try it if u havent already, u will fail miserably
    I put this into Google translate and it told me to grow up. Dafudge? o.O