Thread: Struggling top

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I prefer Gangplank top, max W and sustain for ages. Build tanky and he just gets awesome.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    By the way, am I the only one that feels like Riven is some sort of "T-Rex"? Like, she is super-strong and fast, but her reach is like small, stubbly little arms.

Of course, it's been a while since I played her and I know she is pretty good regardless.
    That is my main reason why I don't play her much anymore. She is incredibly strong and fun but her reach is incredibly short. If you end up against a team with semi-decent gap closers you are in for a really harsh time unless your team has great initiates.
    Try playing her against a good Teemo. No chance. Keyword being good.
    Teemo is the bane of my top lane in general. If I go blind pick and happen to play a champion that can't do much to him then I cry a bit inside. He is probably the only champion that if I choose a heavy melee with short range that I can't do anything about. Of course granted that he plays well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Get teemo, seriously. One of the most underrated toppers, with great pushing, harassment and scouting potential.
    Well....quoting the streamer mentioned before "...Teemo? Teemo is a pain in the ass for every champion" (talking about counterpicks)

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 12:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elial View Post
    That is my main reason why I don't play her much anymore. She is incredibly strong and fun but her reach is incredibly short. If you end up against a team with semi-decent gap closers you are in for a really harsh time unless your team has great initiates.
    Try playing her against a good Teemo. No chance. Keyword being good.
    Teemo is the bane of my top lane in general. If I go blind pick and happen to play a champion that can't do much to him then I cry a bit inside. He is probably the only champion that if I choose a heavy melee with short range that I can't do anything about. Of course granted that he plays well.
    Yep, got really little arms but I find her really good vs other "short arms" tops.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Well....quoting the streamer mentioned before "...Teemo? Teemo is a pain in the ass for every champion" (talking about counterpicks)

Yep, got really little arms but I find her really good vs other "short arms" tops.
    Teemo does get countered by champs with longer ranged harass than him, but yeah is still very dangerous to go against. Also ungankable past 6.

And that's exactly why I don't play riven blind pick. Go against Jax? or some other melee ? NP!!! Go against Teemo? GG good luck getting farm.

Deleted
    So who u suggest as top blind pick?
    Jayce? Irelia? Vlad?

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 12:27 PM ----------

Oh nice, on lolking vlad is not even mentioned on the top matchups
    http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...up&range=daily

Jayce? Irelia? Vlad?

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 12:27 PM ----------

Oh nice, on lolking vlad is not even mentioned on the top matchups
    http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...up&range=daily
    Trust me. He is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Trust me. He is.
    Yes I know he is a good top, I mean probably lolking is not so good as source

Deleted
    Jayce? Irelia? Vlad?
    For a blind pick id suggest Irelia since she has no real hardcounters. You can beat pretty much everything if you play correct. Vlad gets totally shit on by champs like irelia or riven for example.

Watch wingsofdeath stream, amazing dude that explains a everything and answers a lot of questions. Other than that, try most popular/OP tops there are right now.
    Shen, Yorick, Jayce, Vlad and Irelia.
    They're hard to play against and if you play them you'll get to know what to do (if you hate a champ, play that champ!)
    Yes, bolding stuff is fun.

Deleted
    Do on-hit Lulu with defensive items. It does not help when the other team is way too ahead, but everyone else can either be dueled or kited to death. And it looks and sounds so cool :d (*badoom* *thud* *thud *thud* *badoom* *tzz* *thud*...)

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Do on-hit Lulu with defensive items. It does not help when the other team is way too ahead, but everyone else can either be dueled or kited to death. And it looks and sounds so cool :d (*badoom* *thud* *thud *thud* *badoom* *tzz* *thud*...)
    AD Lulu is a pain in the ass as well.. Dat fucking poke / slow man.

I try to blind pick someone that isn't countered that easily.
    Lately been playing a lot of Jayce. I don't know of any champion that counters him. I know Yorick and Wukong can both give hard times. So far been nothing that made me lose completely.
    Irelia is a really good pick. Once you hit 6-7 you can't be touched. I don't play her often but I always have tough lanes against her.
    I do enjoy Jax blind pick. he isn't the most brutal laner, but he can hold his own and even if you lose you can still come back due to him having high base damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I prefer Gangplank top, max W and sustain for ages. Build tanky and he just gets awesome.
    I am legitimately confounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I am legitimately confounded.
    You were always confounded by me hun

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elial View Post
    Teemo does get countered by champs with longer ranged harass than him, but yeah is still very dangerous to go against. Also ungankable past 6.

And that's exactly why I don't play riven blind pick. Go against Jax? or some other melee ? NP!!! Go against Teemo? GG good luck getting farm.
    I've beat Teemo's as Riven easily. Play wicked aggressive, use spells during blinding dart, and one stun is pretty much GG for Teemo unless he is building tanky. Riven has a ton of mobility, use it.

Teemo has the range advantage on most top lane picks, but he isn't played often because he is fairly useless in Team fights and if any top laner gets him once, he explodes. Useless Champ IMO, and really annoying.

Deleted
    Just played irelia vs riven and she owned me badly...we won the game cause they suicided in our base and we got them.
    I could not trade at all since the beginning.

Deleted
    Just played irelia vs riven and she owned me badly...we won the game cause they suicided in our base and we got them.
    I could not trade at all since the beginning.
    If that happens you probably have to adjust your build order. First of all i hope you buy tabi. Then you might want to get a really early chainvest because all riven does is physical. If you think it wont throw your itembuild too far behind you might want to invest in a wardens mail since you'll often get randuins anyway. If you cant even farm under your turret your only hope is your jungler and midlane.

Deleted
    Well I went for tabi first, 2 times jungler ganked (even if i asked him not too if not requested or riven didnt overextend) and 2 times we died...but i really fed him, he had more then 2x my cs
    Need to practice more...

Well I went for tabi first, 2 times jungler ganked (even if i asked him not too if not requested or riven didnt overextend) and 2 times we died...but i really fed him, he had more then 2x my cs
    Need to practice more...
    Gee, no wonder you lost your lane!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tabi is a pretty good item in certain lanes. There has been one champion and build with him that annoys me when I play Nidalee. Garen with Tabi... Granted I keep auto attacking to stop his passive from happening but in the end he will just go back for a second and get the passive procced, needless to say he was pushing my lane hard and our jungler didn't gank once in the early game. Now I'm not one to complain about ganks but when he is at my turret for 90% of the early game, you need to gank at some point. Tabi is a counter item and great for countering a lot of pokers (except Teemo).
    Hey everyone