Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Diplomacy: New Profession in next WoW Expansion

Diplomacy: A New WoW Profession

Think about all the possibilities this profession could bring to the game. It could make the game more dynamic as adding a Diplomacy profession to the game would enable your character to interact more with the opposite faction, as well as become involved in political affairs of the kingdoms.

Ideas for implementation:

Diplomatic Side:

-Grant diplomatic immunity on a temporary basis
    -Enable opposite factions at high levels of diplomacys to engage with the opposite faction and complete quests on a limited basis
    -Enable the ability to group with the opposite faction at 675 diplomacy on a limited basis
    -Limited communication with the opposite faction (based on racial dialects)
    -Daily quests related to political relations within your own faction and also with the opposite faction on a limited basis

Political Side:

-Become involved with the political affairs of a kingdom within your faction, aka diplomat / member of parlament etc
    -Make decisions which will affect the look of your capital city (aka, enact clean up the streets laws, and other things that will build and tear down parts of the city, these laws / repeal of laws would increase taxes in the city (vendor fees go up and down by small %s))
    -City could become trashy in parts due to not passing and enforcing laws (Note: Much of what goes on in the cities due to your diplomatic / political choices would be phased to you, but not to other players to negatively affect their prefered gameplay)
    -The profession could grant vanity items, and rarely items that affect character power

There could be all sorts of ways to level it up including mini games, daily quests, profession related drops in dungeons / monsters. Other mini games like play cards and win against politicians in the city, run errands within the city, stop / prevent crime within the city, go on foreign relation trips to horde cities throughout Azeroth (not just capital cities) which would give you temporary immunity, (yellow color / blue on a timer) to complete the task.

Thoughts?

third faction for open world PvP.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Diplomacy: A New WoW Profession

Think about all the possibilities this profession could bring to the game. It could make the game more dynamic as adding a Diplomacy profession to the game would enable your character to interact more with the opposite faction, as well as become involved in political affairs of the kingdoms.

Ideas for implementation:

Diplomatic Side:

-Grant diplomatic immunity on a temporary basis
    -Enable opposite factions at high levels of diplomacys to engage with the opposite faction and complete quests on a limited basis
    -Enable the ability to group with the opposite faction at 675 diplomacy on a limited basis
    -Limited communication with the opposite faction (based on racial dialects)
    -Daily quests related to political relations within your own faction and also with the opposite faction on a limited basis

Political Side:

-Become involved with the political affairs of a kingdom within your faction, aka diplomat / member of parlament etc
    -Make decisions which will affect the look of your capital city (aka, enact clean up the streets laws, and other things that will build and tear down parts of the city, these laws / repeal of laws would increase taxes in the city (vendor fees go up and down by small %s))
    -City could become trashy in parts due to not passing and enforcing laws (Note: Much of what goes on in the cities due to your diplomatic / political choices would be phased to you, but not to other players to negatively affect their prefered gameplay)
    -The profession could grant vanity items, and rarely items that affect character power

There could be all sorts of ways to level it up including mini games, daily quests, profession related drops in dungeons / monsters. Other mini games like play cards and win against politicians in the city, run errands within the city, stop / prevent crime within the city, go on foreign relation trips to horde cities throughout Azeroth (not just capital cities) which would give you temporary immunity, (yellow color / blue on a timer) to complete the task.

Thoughts?
    MATE, SERIOUSLY? HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THIS? COULD U HAVE HAD A BETTER IDEA XD???? I LOVE IT, I SUPPORT IT AND I WANT IT!!
    Now, this can already be implemented and still be cool but it would be elevated to awesome if Blizzard divided Horde into two factions as well as Alliance.
    I can already imagine an elite Diplomat making parties and raids with players of different factions and as lvling train the diplomat would need to do Diplomatic missions and quests and with the study of the factions history, which would be paired up with the archeology second skill. and yes, also as high lvl skills, diplomats would gain immunity to walk into certain opposite cities and maybe buy some unique heirlooms and mounts and stuff? The potential for this is noteworthy m8
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-11-07 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many threads have you created in the last 10 hours OP? Cool idea tho, but would never work. There would be a massive bitch fest involving every player in the game. Giving players that much control over the game would be its downfall.
    Last edited by Synros; 2012-11-07 at 10:12 PM.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    How many threads have you created in the last 10 hours OP? Cool idea tho, but would never work. There would be a massive bitch fest involving every player in the game. Giving players that much control over the game would be its downfall.
    Well I think all it would need is a bit of restrictions to assure that this profession does not affect the game in serious ways. Its easily doable and goddam fun =)

It's an interesting idea that I wouldn't mind seeing fleshed out a little bit more.

Though I do find it pretty funny that they guy who makes all kinds of posts about ganking people wants to be able to communicate with the opposite faction...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, you're special alright....

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE this idea, love it! Very interesting. One aspect of the game I have always wanted more of is the interaction on a "political" basis. I love my title Ambassador, but it would be so much better if it actually meant something more than I grinded rep with my own factions. Eek! Hope Blizz considers some of these ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Jaylock has always believed in quantity over quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you -> velde046, and you -> Xeraxis come into a thread where i post a cool idea, and just sit there and make fun of me and my posts? Why do you try to degrade everything I say or do on these forums? I'm sorry you disagree with my stance on things, but if you are so hellbent on making me look bad, and insulting me, cant you just not post in any of the threads i create? Cant you just keep to yourselves? This goes for all the other "oh its another jaylock thread again" people out there.

OT: The idea is to try to bring something completely different, and original to the game. Too much we see all the same things being put into every expansion. More dailies, more grind fest dungeons, more raids (with 25 man being phased out), more of the same ole, same ole. Why not try to look at the idea objectively and look it as something refreshing and completely new for the game?

As interesting as it sounds, I'm not really that big of a fan of the cross-faction thing. This is World of Warcraft after all, and Alliance/Horde ''alliances'', or rather ceases-of-nuking-each-other, should only happen when there is a huge imminent threat out there that might wipe out everyone, other than that I don't really think we should hang out with each other.

I'd come back to WoW if something as interesting was ever implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Jaylock has always believed in quantity over quality.
    yeah i just assume when i click on a thread that it was made by jaylock.

But seriously this is a cool idea, not sure the actual practical applications. i think for the work they would just make the factions intractable a-la Rift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Deleted
    Blizzard doesn't want the factions talking to eachother in-game. They made that pretty clear. So...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    As interesting as it sounds, I'm not really that big of a fan of the cross-faction thing. This is World of Warcraft after all, and Alliance/Horde ''alliances'', or rather ceases-of-nuking-each-other, should only happen when there is a huge imminent threat out there that might wipe out everyone, other than that I don't really think we should hang out with each other.
    There are temporary alliances created all the time between the factions. The only difference is, is that this profession allows the player to become involved in temporary alliances that could open up a whole world of possibilities for their gameplay that would be totally optional.

Furthermore, the game has already had events in game where whole factions ceased war to do something for the benefit of Azeroth. The gates of Ahn'Q come to mind, Argent Crusade, Sunreavers, etc etc etc.

There are many examples where horde and alliance players have had to work together. Why not create a completely optional route for players to interact more with the opposite faction if they so choose? And remember, you would have to be max level Diplomacy and there would be several restrictions to those interactions. The ideas are flowing!
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2012-11-07 at 11:28 PM.

When i log on i expect to play world of warcraft not world of politics, if i wanted politics rammed in my face i would watch the news on TV or read a newspaper.
    Not dissing you OP , in fact i applaud you for coming up with something interesting to write about unlike me....but politics? come on man lol

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin Consular!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Blizzard doesn't want the factions talking to eachother in-game. They made that pretty clear. So...
    I'm sure their intentions aren't as plain that may seem. Or do you really believe the standard wracraft with a bipolar system of kingdoms and choices will last forever? The game must, can and will evolve in orther to keep ahead of the curve. I can see a WOW where alliance and horde are fractioned into 2 new factions, with not so radical pov towards the rest. Maybe the old horde and alliance would still remain completely facing back on each other but as irl, new powers always emerge.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    why try and talk with the enemy when you can just kill them
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds fun!