Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Op I personally play the game to enjoy time with friends and guildies ...if someone is playing this game for the stuff you get in it ...that would really suck O.o

Problem in what is described in original post is lack of Alternate Advancement systems. Someone can go on break, then come back 5 years later skipping 2 expansion packs, quickly hit max level and be completely equal (combat-wise, mounts and pets are fluffy stuff) to anyone who would play all these 20 years. WoW lacks any kind of long-term character advancement, all your efforts will always be deduced to absolute zero with next PvE season.

This is also why people loathe same dailies. Instead of getting real Alternate Advancement system, they are forced to do same antisocial content over and over and asap under heavy multiple hard caps, and these factions will be useless in next expansion (if not couple patches later). It is not easy to invest a lot of efforts and time into some activity, which doesn't only dictate it's own pace with daily/weekly caps on everything, but also with results of these efforts becoming useless in 4-5 months at best (unless you are after fluffy stuff, but pets and mounts =/= character progress).

But for this to happen, current devs need to change their view on endgame balancing, raid design and also bring back some of the former elements of game systems, all of which wasn't problem on start of TBC with previous devs, who actually planned to bring some kind of AA systems in game.

I always felt that the Myth of Sisyphus was an allegory for life itself.

Deleted
    More like me eating a super yummy meal and before I'm finished, they plate another one! omnomoONomononmomoM!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly why I don't raid. I don't find the activity enjoyable in itself and the gear will be outdated in a few months. I play for a couple months when there's fresh content to explore, then unsub. Rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Problem in what is described in original post is lack of Alternate Advancement systems. Someone can go on break, then come back 5 years later skipping 2 expansion packs, quickly hit max level and be completely equal (combat-wise, mounts and pets are fluffy stuff) to anyone who would play all these 20 years. WoW lacks any kind of long-term character advancement, all your efforts will always be deduced to absolute zero with next PvE season.
    So you want people that play for all 7 or so years to able to compete?

They burst my bubble the day any new *patch tier* would outgear heroic gear.

I remeber the day I have loot the Heroic Staf on Hodir in Ulduar,
    Then 2 weeks after, any terrible player could loot a highly superior staff on the first or second boss of TOC 10 men.
    All the effort me and my group we put in those Heroic mode.
    Since that day I think raiding is overatted, I don't put any effort in content, I don't care what mount you have, I don't care what gear you have, I don't care about any raiding achivement you have
    I love to see some raiding. But going inot farm mode ? No way.BTW, I'm 6/6 on the current content, thank you LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    But for this to happen, current devs need to change their view on endgame balancing, raid design and also bring back some of the former elements of game systems, all of which wasn't problem on start of TBC with previous devs, who actually planned to bring some kind of AA systems in game.
    Until they found out that less than 5% of the player base could actually participate in these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I remeber the day I have loot the Heroic Staf on Hodir in Ulduar,
    Then 2 weeks after, any terrible player could loot a highly superior staff on the first or second boss of TOC 10 men.
    All the effort me and my group we put in those Heroic mode.
    Of course, you could have gotten a better staff than these "terrible players" in ToC heroic. The only difference is that they kept trying, and you didn't. And if you don't keep trying, I see no reason that someone should be able to stay ahead.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-11-08 at 05:24 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    You should value the journey instead of the outcome. Look back and think of the memories, thats the most important. I like to look back on my "Sisyphus" curses (Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK, Cata) and remember the good times I had with my mates.
    HALLELUJAH PASTOR Dragore.

We gonna have chuch up in hea!

That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Well, an obvious difference I see is that we all engage in this activity by choice. It is not a forced punishment from which we can never escape.

The analogy certainly has merits, though. It is pretty funny to think about how we can work so hard when we know it will all be "undone" when the next expansion hits.

The thing is, though, it's not really the gear or the achievements or the mounts that I value-- it's the time spent with my guild and my friends while trying to acquire those things that matter. And that's not something that is cheapened or invalidated by a new tier or new expansion.
    Due to your signature, you sir are my new favorite Moderator.

OT: Like Daetur said, the comparrison does not really fit between the two since we all play of our own free will. If anything, it is more comparable to sadism than to punishment.