Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

[GW2] Refer a Friend

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rial-is-Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kerstein
    We want you to experience Guild Wars 2 and Lost Shores with your friends, so on Monday November 12, we will turn on Refer a Friend Free Trial. You will be able to invite up to 3 Friends to play Guild Wars 2 with you for free from November 15-18.

To do so, you need a Guild Wars 2 account in good standing that was created before 23:59 PST (7:59 GMT) on November 6.

We will give you more details once the program goes live, but start thinking about who you want to invite!

Sounds like they are confident the Lost Shores Events will be awesome enough to lure people in. Fingers crossed!

Just in time for the holiday season. I thought this may happen, happy that they are doing it for the event. Also I wonder if Lost Shores is basically going to be the area where trial accounts will hang out in now.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2012-11-08 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ol-and-all-but

ColinJohanson
    Your friends will be able to access the server you’re on for this event, no worries.

Yippee!
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    If there's anyone reading this who wants the trial but doesn't have a friend to invite them, just PM me your email address, I have no friends of my own to invite /singletear.

Edit: Had more PMs now than I have invites so sending out to the first 3 people who invited me... just leave your name here and I hope a lot of people get to try it
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-11-12 at 10:43 AM.

So they are desperate to sell the game, but realize that a normal trial will not convince people to buy it. So they set up a deceptive 3-days trial hoping for impress-buying. That's classy.

Hi again. Bye again. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-11-09 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If there's anyone reading this who wants the trial but doesn't have a friend to invite them, just PM me your email address, I have no friends of my own to invite /singletear.
    I have noone to invite either, anyone who is interested can pm me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So they are desperate to sell the game, but realize that a normal trial will not convince people to buy it. So they set up a deceptive 3-days trial hoping for impress-buying. That's classy.
    Everytime you're allowed back, I lose a little more faith in the moderation for this site.

As for the trial, a 4 day free trial is more than enough to get a feel for a game (you'll potentially be able to experience much more content than a game like WoW where you can only play til level 20), and they are also timing it so that people who are on the fence about the game get to witness one of their permanent world changing events so they get an idea of what to expect in future. I don't see any downsides to this for a prospective player.

the trial is only 3-4 days? i was hoping i would get some more time to try it. /sad

Could someone please give a invite please , really wanna try the game before I decide to buy it ! Thanks ! email: sagovax@ gmail dot com

Deleted
    Could i also get a trial key from someone who doesnt need it??? thx a lot

I am sadly in the situation that none of my friends actually play this game, so the chance of my getting an invite from them is pretty slim.

That's why I figure I might aswell post here, because as it's already showing some people won't have anyone to invite.
    Meaning, I might be able to work out a chance for getting an invite.
    The reason why I won't PM every single one that posts they have invites, is because they're probably already being spammed for 'em.

So, if anyone does have invites, I'd love if we could work something out as I've really wanted to try this game out.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Well, i got 1 extra invite to give out, so PM me on the 12 and i will invite you for a trial. but only got 1 so first to pm gets it.

I would love an invite on the 12th as well. Been trying so hard to be able to play this.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

I'd like to try GW too. If there's someone who has unused trial invitation pm me please.

Deleted
    I have been waiting on a trial for this game as well, and since all my friends(with the exception my spouse) don't play games, I don't have anyone to give me a recruit so I could get the chance to have a peek on this game. So if anyone hears me, oh please give me an invitation.

Hi I would love to try Guild Wars 2 so if anyone has an invite available please Pm me. Thanks.

Deleted
    Sounds great I have several friends I'd like to have a look at it, when I tell them they should get it they always ask for a free trial first so this is great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pm me if you can invite, thanks!
    Cas doesn't live here.

Deleted
    Can someone PM me if you can invite?

Thanks

I would like to try the game out as well ! But have no friends that play it . . . Would appreciate an invite through pm if anyone were to have a spare that is = ) . Thanks