Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    I got referred by a friend, i wanted to try the pvp out, i heard it was good a and pretty well balanced, imho it was as much of a joke as WoW balancing, i played all the classes in one day to try them all out with different skills from the pvp weapons vendor and i got burnt out, it was fun to start off with but the limited skills got boring really fast for me. As for the Pve, i got to level 10 on my necromancer, it feels like badly done instant adventures from RIFT, i did enjoy the story quests and cinematic though to be fair. As for the graphics they are good, but if feels like the brightness is turned up really high to make it look better.
    Did you try all the weapons? Every weapon has an entirely different skillset, it's basically like a whole new class when you switch your weapons.
    -
    I thought the brightness is somewhat too high, as well. But I attributed that to my new display, which seems to be a little on the bright side as well (I'm not used to LED backlighting).

Does anyone have an invite left? I would be very grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alraune View Post
    Did you try all the weapons? Every weapon has an entirely different skillset, it's basically like a whole new class when you switch your weapons.
    -
    I thought the brightness is somewhat too high, as well. But I attributed that to my new display, which seems to be a little on the bright side as well (I'm not used to LED backlighting).
    yeah, i tried all sorts of wepons, as i said it was fun to start with, i also felt like skills where unresponsive sometimes? warrior whirlwind and necromancer demon form thingie need a nerf in the aoe department.

I loved the elementalist under water abilities for air
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2012-11-16 at 10:24 PM.

Lich Form? well it's an elite skill so it's supposed to be powerful. And the last thing Necros need is a nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Lich Form? well it's an elite skill so it's supposed to be powerful. And the last thing Necros need is a nerf.
    No not the elite ability, the one thats like demonology warlocks in wow like metamorphasis with the fury bar and then number 4 the aoe

the F1 ability?

Deleted
    cant remember :S on a side note i was a bit dissapointed with engineers, and pets and turrets die too easy :/

well turrets need a bit of a buff I think but with pet professions I think you need to have a bit more time and experience to play with them, a day or so is really not enough time

Deleted
    well turrets need a bit of a buff I think but with pet professions I think you need to have a bit more time and experience to play with them, a day or so is really not enough time
    I dont feel like i really connected with any of the classes, the actual pvp is really good i like the maps and objectives and the way you can do level 80 pvp straight away, i love all that i think its just not the game for me, the classes i connected the most with whilst playing i would say is probably necromancer, and elementalist whilst in air underwater, i love them abilities ( bubble teleport, electric cage)

EDIT: i dont like the fight to survive mechanic its damn annoying, and i dont like being one hitted

EXTRA EDIT: could you explain how professions work please, would be appreciated
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2012-11-16 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post

EXTRA EDIT: could you explain how professions work please, would be appreciated

Profession = class in this game

the downed or second chance mechanic here is sort of a replacement of healing in a way, I can understand why people, especially new players, don't like it. But I've grown to like it.

I can also invite 3 people if anyone is interested. Just PM me your email address and I'll send the invite if I'm not at work.

Deleted
    Profession = class in this game

the downed or second chance mechanic here is sort of a replacement of healing in a way, I can understand why people, especially new players, don't like it. But I've grown to like it.
    H okies ty

If anyone has a spare invite I would love to "borrow" it

Want to give it a try so I can make my mind up about whether or not to buy it

would absolutely love an invite, if anyone has one left please send it to ragnarok2485(at)yahoo(dot)com.
    May name my first born after you... maybe

I would like a trial, but know no one playing it.

Deleted
    @Nykolas you write "limited skills per class" in pvp

plz dont look only on the skillbar^^ the skill comes from combofields and how you use it

trie elementalist or ingi and check http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo_Field

you will never find something like this in other games

have fun

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have 1 RAF left. If you'd like it, first PM gets it.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

for those looking for that last chance to play gw2 trial!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Braethias View Post
    I would like a trial, but know no one playing it.
    I knew a few people that were playing, but having discovered there was a trial this late in the running I was frantic.
    I couldn't find phone numbers or emails to get ahold of them fast enough, so I did some digging
    Low and behold there is another well know site giving out free codes for trials.

Curse - WoW Addons, Minecraft Mods, Curse Client and Gaming News (sorry for no link, I do not have enough posts, most should know what that site is)

Create an account for the site, navigate back to the front page and click the GW2 trial link there.
    It will generate a key and give you instructions for claiming it.

Edit: it seems that supplies are limited, or they were, i apologize if they have run out or run out to soon for everyone who wants a code to get one.

GL and see you all in game.
    Last edited by palilion; 2012-11-17 at 11:13 PM.

[strike]would like a key if anyone happens to have a spare one pretty please ^^

(eu region if it matters)[/strike]

edit: got it ^^
    bah /strike doesn't work on this forum
    Last edited by Enosh; 2012-11-18 at 01:48 PM.

I would like to try it out. PM me if you can offer me a trial. Thanks.