Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone successfully selling royal satchels?

I've been trying through various ways to make money with tailoring. I made 4 royal satchels with the expectation that they would be difficult to sell, but I've now dropped the price down to 12k/bag (cost of the silk had I made it all into spellthreads instead on my server) and still no one will buy them. Undermine journal has the mean AH price at 27477g.

Is anyone having any success selling these?
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Deleted
    at that price, the cost even to an avid AH'er as myself does not justify the 8 extra slots. (2 per bag)
    5-6k I would probably buy them. but at the moment they are just too damn expensive to be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    at that price, the cost even to an avid AH'er as myself does not justify the 8 extra slots. (2 per bag)
    5-6k I would probably buy them. but at the moment they are just too damn expensive to be worth it.
    The problem is I doubt they'll ever be much cheaper as long as there is active raiding going on healers and caster dps will need intellect leg enchants, and those will set the value of an imperial silk. No one will sell bags which take much more effort to make (getting the pattern, saving the cloth, etc.) for less than they can sell an item for which there is a much higher market.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    For selling, Royal Satchels cater to those with millions of gold. Try finding out who they are, and selling directly to them. Otherwise, just hawk till you find someone interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    For selling, Royal Satchels cater to those with millions of gold. Try finding out who they are, and selling directly to them. Otherwise, just hawk till you find someone interested.
    Pretty much this, I already have an arrangement with the richest person in my guild to sell him 4 bags (at least) for 25k as soon as I hit exalted. just hoping the AH price doesnt go down more before that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can not find anyone on my server that has it, I have been holding on to cloth for a few weeks>.>
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been the only one with some on my AH, on my server... (day 2! ;D)

3 up for 25k for 24hrs

1 got bought sofar.

They too much work to be given out for free..
    if I can't sell them for a bunch, I won't sell them at all.

You are going to have to relist these over and over again to get them to move but the profit margin is far wider than the cost to list so you will be fine.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone in trade was advertising them at 19.5K last night and people were buying at that price. A bit too rich for my blood but I may give it a go once my tailor has the recipe.

Deleted
    I'll get the recipe tomorrow. If I don't get a minimum of 25k I won't bother selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    People with Millions of gold didn't get that way by wasting it on a bag for 12-18k gold. Most people I know with a lot of money both in wow and in RL are quite miserly.

As people have said, Royal Satchel is considered a luxury item and not a must-have, especially since a lot of things have become stackable, and bag space is not a huge concern right now. Most players are quite content with 4x20 or 4x22 bag space and especially early in the expansion where they have little gold to spend, and when they do spend it is on progression gear and leveling professions.

A blue said that only a small minority of the player population has over 50K gold, so you can see that current costs for the bags are simply not attractive. Drop it down to 6-7K and it will sell.

A bag that is that huge for that price is just a huge white elephant imo

Those who have millions of gold will prolly have tailoring alts, those who dont will just say hey why do i need the extra slots when those 22 embersilk ones do me just fine plus with shared mounts i got the travellers tundra to sell vendor trash

So my advice i would stay clear of making them

Deleted
    Bah. Over the weekend 3 already appeared on the AH for 20k each on my server. My attempts to sell it in trade chat were fruitless. So I have the mats for 4 of them right now and will probably use them myself. There goes my hope of getting rich.

I don't have that kind of money but IMO it's easier to mail stuff back and forth from alts before spending 50-100k on 8 slots.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    I've been trying to sell 3 I made for around 25k each since I'm the only person on the server that seems to have any crafted, none have sold yet.

I'll keep listing them at that price until any competition turns up, if they never sell I can always use them myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    On US Kil'Jaeden, my buddy sold 2 bags for 11K each, they are on the AH right now sitting at 12K. The average Horde price last I checked was 26K or so. But I personally will not be buying them because the cost for 2 extra bag slots is just insane. So whenever I get around to leveling my Tailors, they will have a shit load of cloth since Im doing the CD every day. Now to justify getting Exalted with GL again on my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    I've been trying through various ways to make money with tailoring. I made 4 royal satchels with the expectation that they would be difficult to sell, but I've now dropped the price down to 12k/bag (cost of the silk had I made it all into spellthreads instead on my server) and still no one will buy them. Undermine journal has the mean AH price at 27477g.

Is anyone having any success selling these?
    US- Kil'Jadean they sell for 9-10K each. I know as I'm one of the ones picking them up at that price. For 12K I wouldn't touch them
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

I'm thinking I will stick with my backpack, 3 Embersilks, and the 24 slot Grummle pack. I have a Tundra Mammoth or a Guild herald if I need a quick vendor, or just summon a GChest and drop stuff in there. I can't justify spending 60K on 4 new bags lol

10+ Year Old Account
    its like 6 slots different for me, not paying more than 5k, will they ever be that low, I think so long ways away yet.