Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Come on Blizz fix low pop servers!!!

Here it is another Tues night and this server is so dead we cant even pug a healer. We have people spamming in every area and nothing.
    I only see ways to fix this.

1. Merge some servers
    2. Create a full guild transfer at a fair price.

For some people raiding is a huge part of the game, and with the pop problems that part of the game isnt an option anymore!
    Last edited by roflmfao; 2012-11-07 at 04:13 AM.

First of all, this isn't a problem that Blizzard needs to fix, just transfer servers if you want to play on a high pop server, if you want to xfer a guild you could surely get a few of your guildies to chip in and pay for a guild xfer to a better server.

Secondly, even if this was a massive problem that Blizzard needed to fix, you wouldn't be helping by posting a badly titled thread on mmo-c, go post on the battle.net forums. I'm pretty sure this site is the last place Blizzard would look for good suggestions.

When you have a guild of friends that have played togather for years that have a total of prob 70 toons they want to keep togather it gets a little expensive. And if you pay attention to anyone it is a huge problem...remember cross realm zones that were supposed to fix some of this?
    And as far as the title goes, I'll fix that, just get pissed when we can't get a raid togather week after week.

But by your response to my post you obviously have no idea what it's like to be on a low pop server!
    Last edited by roflmfao; 2012-11-07 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    When you have a guild of friends that have played togather for years that have a total of prob 70 toons they want to keep togather it gets a little expensive. And if you pay attention to anyone it is a huge problem...remember cross realm zones that were supposed to fix some of this?
    And as far as the title goes, I'll fix that, just get pissed when we can't get a raid togather week after week.

But by your response to my post you obviously have no idea what it's like to be on a low pop server!
    It's ok, CRZ will fix it.

/endsarcasm

Sorry to tell you, but blizz will never fix this. The cheap ass script that an intern wrote a couple of years ago makes them a metric shit ton of money. Thats also why they won't allow cross server instances of the current content, because it would take a huge portion from the reason people transfere in the first place, all the "we don't want to harm guilds" thing is bs too, especially seeing how they spend 2 years systematically eradicating 25 people raid guilds.

All the CRZ thing did was save them even more money because they have to run fewer servers, the 4 second lags between changing zones is just a minor inconvenience along with the harder to farm materials in the zones. The main problem with low pop realms is that the AH is the wild west of ridiculous pricing, you can't run pugs, recruting people for your guild is a pain in the ass and so on. Not seeing many people in westfall or hilsbrad is probably something most people don't give a shit about.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2012-11-07 at 05:46 AM.

Regardless, it is still your choice to remain on that server. Since it is still your choice not not transfer/reroll to another server, while Blizzard is in no way stopping you from doing so, Blizzard is also in no way responsible for the fact that you feel bad about playing on a low-pop server.

If you're feeling that bad about it... You shouldn't be playing on a low-populated server. And that's pretty much all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Regardless, it is still your choice to remain on that server. Since it is still your choice not not transfer/reroll to another server, while Blizzard is in no way stopping you from doing so, Blizzard is also in no way responsible for the fact that you feel bad about playing on a low-pop server.

If you're feeling that bad about it... You shouldn't be playing on a low-populated server. And that's pretty much all there is to it.
    That's honestly such a shitty answer to tell people.

Hell my server was one of the starting servers; it started AT launch and yet it's a pretty shitty server (not a low-pop, but not as high as the other ones).

Telling people that they "don't have to be on a low-pop realm" and that no one is "stopping" them is just so wrong. How would you like to pay up to $275 to transfer up to 11 characters?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Remember when even Blizzard told you that CRZ was not implemented to fix or alleviate this issue.

Ah how I love you people. Should the economy in your town ever crumble to pieces, even thought it used to be great before, I hope someone says to you that it's your fault for living there as well. Blizzard offers a service and we are the customers that make use of the service. Remind me where exactly it is my job improve the service they provide, by giving them even more money so I can use their service in a reasonable manner again? But I guess you have somehwat of a point, after all as long as we pay them they won't give a shit. Only solution: vote with your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    That's honestly such a shitty answer to tell people.

Hell my server was one of the starting servers; it started AT launch and yet it's a pretty shitty server (not a low-pop, but not as high as the other ones).

Telling people that they "don't have to be on a low-pop realm" and that no one is "stopping" them is just so wrong. How would you like to pay up to $275 to transfer up to 11 characters?
    You don't have to pay to transfer if you reroll.
    Honestly, it's as simple as that: Ask yourself what you value more: Money, time or a new server.
    Also: If your server always was this bad, why on earth did you wait until you had a top-notch character, all max level and decked in adequately good to great gear before you made the decision you wanted out? If the server was always that bad, why didn't you decide to migrate years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Ah how I love you people. Should the economy in your town ever crumble to pieces, even thought it used to be great before, I hope someone says to you that it's your fault for living there as well. Blizzard offers a service and we are the customers that make use of the service. Remind me where exactly it is my job improve the service they provide, by giving them even more money so I can use their service in a reasonable manner again? But I guess you have somehwat of a point, after all as long as we pay them they won't give a shit. Only solution: vote with your wallet.
    That's a completely unfair and illogical comparison you made there.
    Blizzard does indeed offer a service, and that service is: You get to use their servers, and they maintain their servers. By doing that, all of Blizzard's responsibilities have been met. Everything else is, strictly speaking, extra (though it's the reason we're not all playing on private servers).
    This doesn't equate, at all, to a local economy.
    Last edited by Stir; 2012-11-07 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Remember when even Blizzard told you that CRZ was not implemented to fix or alleviate this issue.
    Your absolutely correct. The issue is still a BIG ISSUE that some of us deal with on a daily basis and if we don't voice our thoughts nothing will ever change. I have 6 toons I use regularly and I am GM of my guild just that alone is 200 dollars to transfer let alone my guildies. The worst part is when people get to this point of frustration they either suck it up, cough up the dough, or quit. Don't get me wrong I'm not sitting here saying "fix this or you'll lose my sub", but I am saying this is a situation where I could see them losing subs which should be an area of concern. This is an issue that needs to be fixed.

I didn't realise there were servers out there with no raiding happening.

I sincerely doubt thats the actual case.

Not being able to PuG content thats 4 weeks old =/= not being given the option to raid. Either sit it out till more people are prepared to PuG it, or join a raiding guild, or form one with the friends you already have on your realm.

I sympathise, low pop realms suck compared to high pop realms. But in so many more ways than being able to PuG, to which there are solutions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I didn't realise there were servers out there with no raiding happening.

I sincerely doubt thats the actual case.

Not being able to PuG content thats 4 weeks old =/= not being given the option to raid. Either sit it out till more people are prepared to PuG it, or join a raiding guild, or form one with the friends you already have on your realm.

I sympathise, low pop realms suck compared to high pop realms. But in so many more ways than being able to PuG, to which there are solutions...
    I'm not saying there is no raiding. We have 8 players ready to raid, and have been trying to recruit for quite a while. I know several other guilds in the same situation. When the population gets so low you cant even get recruits there is an issue.

The simplest solution would be to have a cross-realm raid group finder, like the old school raid group finder, but cross realm, and let it be used in current raids. But they've said they didn't want to let people do cross realms with current raids so guilds "still feel special", which is absurd. Such a minority raids as is. Doing things to please the minority of a minority is absurd. The opposite would only benefit.

Blizzard does indeed offer a service, and that service is: You get to use their servers, and they maintain their servers. By doing that, all of Blizzard's responsibilities have been met. Everything else is, strictly speaking, extra (though it's the reason we're not all playing on private servers).
    Sure it does. "Living" in this game world requires a certain set of parameters to be met in order to be a somewhat enjoyable experience. These parameters are beeing able to do the content, be it PvE, PvP, Solo content. To make your real life a somewhat enjoyable experience, you need to live in a place that offers you the chance to get all the basic needs one have. One of these basic needs is a job, as it is the requirement to make a living to get you food, electricity, gas, and what ever else you need. If the place is run by a shitty major and city council chances are that you no longer can aquire all the basic resources. The question is: Is it your fault for living there or is it the fault of the people running this place for not properly providing for their citizens ? The only thing that is different is that one is a service I pay for my entertainment, the other is a service that I pay to live. The second is obviously higher in priority, because we humans cling to our little pathetic lives, that doesn't invalidate the argument though. It is not your responsiblity as a customer to account for shitty managment, that falls to the provider of the service.

While you may be right that the service they sell is actually access to their servers, it is in their best interest that the gameplay experience happens to be one enjoyable to the customer. To only way to let them know is by your wallet though, but lets face it, there are alot of other factors here that make simply voting with your wallet quite hard, mainly a certain attachment to your character, but thats the nature of immaterial wares, you own them and you don't. Though that would go way too off-topic here.

The person you responded to used "the local economy" analogy to point out that leaving a server isn't as easy as you make it out to be. Leaving your toons, guild and friends is difficult. Once great servers are now like 'towns that have crumbled to pieces.' It's a valid comparison.

Players shouldn't have to pay an extra $25 bucks (or more) to avoid the LFD or have the chance of having a better AH. Instead of charging extra, perhaps Blizzard should allow players to transfer for free? A happy subscriber is a paying subscriber.

They don't want free transfers to high pop realms because of
    1. Queue times
    2. Ratios: ("most" are fairly alright)

Here's a Solution: advertise on the wow forums for a healer, Invite as a friend and invite him into your raid ?

just get pissed when we can't get a raid togather week after week.
    Last edited by simsjackop; 2012-11-07 at 08:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Choosing to play with friends is a valid excuse for not using the options open to you now?

Funny enough it's the same argumentation people use when they post about wanting nerfs because raid content is to "difficult" at the moment.

Advice would be to call blizzard customer service and see if you can get some discount, chances are you can't.., but it's worth a shot at least.

Deleted
    Well, I have a tip for you. Instead of spamming an empty server for players you could spend the time getting your current members proper offspecs. What you see serious guilds often do is having their core members do the important roles like healing and tanking. Pugging dps is always easy and any guild know that. If the heroics are as easy as endgame wotlk you should be able to gear your guild members within a day and be ready to raid.
    However, if you have problems to get your guild members to get proper specs you know their priorities: they rather play their favourite spec than raid. If that’s the case you might need to swap some guild members.
    My first suggestions is to have a talk with the guild members about having them to get right offspecs. If raiding really is a priority that is. That’s the fastest way to get a fix rather than waiting for blizzard to merge servers or stop making money on server transfers.

Otherwise, on a side note, suggest your guild members that they get GW2 (one time fee, no sub) on the side. There’s no holy trinity in that game, meaning no tanks or healers, so when you have evenings with problems finding healers and noone want to respec you can just all go there and play any class you like the way you like it.