Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How do you catch a Guardian Druid with Engineering

So I've just come out of a Twin Peaks BG where we lost partially due to a Druid EFC. The guy had 400k HP, flew from the flag room over the lake with the Goblin Glider and then proceed to move at 100% mount speed in travel form to the spawn point. At one point we had four guys on him (Arms Warr, Frost DK and some others), and the guy could just run off without us able to catch up. He used war stomp, disorientating roar and such, but it was impossible to hit the guy for more than a few seconds before he ran off. I understand the Glider, and don't mind that, its the fact that even if we were near him, with no support he could escape and run rings around four people, get out of practically any control, and be out of range with nothing to stop him. How the hell do I slow this guy? Playing Arms warrior, using Shockwave and Hindering Strikes Glyph, but he trinkets and changes form to get out of these?
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Probably using multiple items which increased his speed, there was a thread on it not too long ago. To answer your question though... Stun him, and constantly apply a snare/root whilst someone else kills them.

I think they need to remove druids ability to get rid of debuffs by switching forms, I mean I love my druid for it but its really BS =/'

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I understand about his Goblin Glider, I think that is powerful, but a lot of people know about it now and if you get away from your team with it can essentially cause you problems, but on each of the three flags there was no way we really had a chance to get him down, maybe a nerf to travel form speed a little, because his ability to escape was a game changer in this case. He could easily kite four of us, which meant the other 9 members of his team could just easily attack our FC. As well as my CC abilities, the Frost DK was using Chains of Ice, Death Grip and Remorseless Winter (Highest it got was 2 stacks). Or as you said Lirdax, the debuff removal when changing forms either removed or given a 30 second cooldown. By no means give Druids a massive nerf, just something where you don't end up feeling its pointless to even try to catch up.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Since you said you were playing a Warrior, just charge him and spam Hamstring every GCD whilst some other people kill him. He has to spend his GCDs on shifting whilst you do it on Hamstring, he eventually dies as he isn't going anywhere.

I assume they'll make it so the speed buffs they are using don't work with chars above X level, stack with certain other buffs, or cap at certain speeds - at some point.

If you can't kill him then protect your flag carrier and wait till he has 5 stacks of Brutal Assault. At that point his movement speed is capped at 100%. There for unable to get away. The opposing team would probably have defenders with their fc at that point if they are smart though.

Also this

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Since you said you were playing a Warrior, just charge him and spam Hamstring every GCD whilst some other people kill him. He has to spend his GCDs on shifting whilst you do it on Hamstring, he eventually dies as he isn't going anywhere.

I assume they'll make it so the speed buffs they are using don't work with chars above X level, stack with certain other buffs, or cap at certain speeds - at some point.
    Last edited by Cattack; 2012-11-08 at 01:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The speed increase provided by the Druid ability Stampeding Roar no longer stacks with the speed increases provided by Cat Form or Travel Form.
    Battleground speed power ups will no longer sometimes incorrectly stack with player movement speed increases.
    fixed....?