Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tussee View Post
    Hopefully the donation money wil be used to help the poor people in the caribbean countries rather than the rich people in the US.

Where can I check that before I make my donation?
    The only Caribbean country to really get hit by Sandy was Haiti. Cuba the Dominican Republic and Bahama's suffered some damage, but noting incredibly serious. And I don't mean to trash Haiti, but over the last 2 year they have received a MOUNTAIN of aid from the international community (including the US). Also,the damage estimates and death toll in the US far out pace all of damage and death caused in the Caribbean combined (Yes, I did pull that from Wikipedia, don't shoot me).

Bottom line, the US was by far hit the hardest. I'm not saying other countries don't need help, I'm really not. But to insinuate that the US doesn't deserve a slice of that pie is just plain wrong.

I agree with you sociald, the problem is. Americans are making it out that they are the only ones deserving aid, and that they are the worst off ever. That is what I have a problem with. That and the fact that Blizzard blindly follows that.

Deleted
    As others said .

I rather help my local red cross then send money to the americans .
    Why help a people who keep starting wars all over the planet every 2 years or something ?

Let them help themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    no one is forcing you to donate to the US disaster relief -- you're more than welcome to give your $10 to any other relief program instead. the pet is just a bonus to donating via blizzard's store, you can always wait until later to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    The only Caribbean country to really get hit by Sandy was Haiti. Cuba the Dominican Republic and Bahama's suffered some damage, but noting incredibly serious. And I don't mean to trash Haiti, but over the last 2 year they have received a MOUNTAIN of aid from the international community (including the US). Also,the damage estimates and death toll in the US far out pace all of damage and death caused in the Caribbean combined (Yes, I did pull that from Wikipedia, don't shoot me).

Bottom line, the US was by far hit the hardest. I'm not saying other countries don't need help, I'm really not. But to insinuate that the US doesn't deserve a slice of that pie is just plain wrong.
    The difference is: The US has a stupidly high budget for "defense" they can cut to support their own. COuntries like Haiti don't even have the money to buy grain your traders store on ships because the price isn't high enough.
    I hope the "fiscal cliff" comes into effect, bam 500 billion to spend on that "worthy" cause.

I'll just send my money where they need it.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    And by the way , how did they knew in 2012-10-11 04:08 AM ( http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...et-Fire-Kitten ) that 1 month later one tornado will hit New York ? So they designed this pet ?

And where is the fix to correct the scale back for DK class at the character screen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why on earth are you asking us to to only help that country who that has the biggest potential to recover fastest and that was mild damages?

Pathetic Blizzard, a slap in the face on those poor people who already had it rough to start with before hurricane Sandy, like on Haiti
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Your support will enable the Red Cross to provide shelter, food, emotional support, and other assistance to survivors of disasters like Superstorm Sandy
    He said "like Sandy". It was an EXAMPLE. When the money starts to flow from that pet it'll be too late to help the sandy vics anyway.

But nowhere does it state that the money is reserved for USA only. Seems to me like they give it to the RC to do with as they deem necessary.

Deleted
    God... America is rich country with lots of really poor people...

Do you really think poor people in America deserve less help than poor people in anoher country?

Red Cross is a fantastic organisation, no matter where on the world they are needed...

Japan was hit in Fukushima, this is a rich country as well... they deserved help as well...

So much hate everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    The difference is: The US has a stupidly high budget for "defense" they can cut to support their own. COuntries like Haiti don't even have the money to buy grain your traders store on ships because the price isn't high enough.
    I hope the "fiscal cliff" comes into effect, bam 500 billion to spend on that "worthy" cause.

I'll just send my money where they need it.
    Once again, the only country that got hit hard was Haiti, and there is already a huge amount of money that has been rolling into that country from the the earthquake 2 years ago. Something along the line of 2 billion dollars of international aid have been put into it.

Once again, I'm not saying Haiti doesn't need help, I am saying that relief structures and money are already in place for it.

Deleted
    I do not approve of the Shaman changes from a Resto PoV

New weapon models in PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    New weapon models in PTR

<snip>

Hoping on placeholder, as for the love of god that model has been reused since levelling content! Seriously, I really want to see some new dagger models now.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    As others said .

I rather help my local red cross then send money to the americans .
    Why help a people who keep starting wars all over the planet every 2 years or something ?

Let them help themselves.
    Don't blame the citizens for their governments mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sending aid to the country with the highest military spending on the planet? hmm, think I'll stick with Haiti.

Deleted
    People here are heartless.

I don't understand...
    Blizz is trying to do something nice for charity and you guys are complaining? This is something they didn't have to do, you know.

I love how blizzard does something nice and people jump on them. I bet if blizzard just offered the pet without the "100% GOING TO RED CROSS* tag you would complain that they are being greedy. Make up your minds people. Love the America bashing in this thread too! "A country that starts a war every 2 years" lmao, gimme a break.

Deleted
    May get one knowing that it goes to charity, that and it looks cool, will go well with Lil KT in pet battles.

Dat staff...