Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61

  2. #62
    Immortal Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    7,458
    "A country that starts a war every 2 years" lmao, gimme a break.
    While I do not agree with the general America hate, you do start a lot of wars. Most recently: Afghanistan and Iraq. They were just ... unnecessary. This whole "war on terror" is just political BS to be able to go to war, for whatever reasons.

    Every logical thinking human being knows that you cannot defeat a loosely structured organization with independently operating cells through conventional warfare. It's just not possible.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    The difference is: The US has a stupidly high budget for "defense" they can cut to support their own. COuntries like Haiti don't even have the money to buy grain your traders store on ships because the price isn't high enough.
    I hope the "fiscal cliff" comes into effect, bam 500 billion to spend on that "worthy" cause.

    I'll just send my money where they need it.
    Way to turn death and destruction from a national disaster into a political conversation. Pathetic.

  4. #64
    OH god, finally. A MUCH needed buff to Disc.

  5. #65
    Dreadlord MouseD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Local Mouse Hole
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Karagar View Post
    I'd love to get the kitten (and the other Blizzard Store pets for that matter) but unfortunately as someone living in the US with an EU WoW account i can't (the EU Blizzard store doesn't take the type of credit card i have). >.> Its nice that 100% of the profits will go to charity though.
    Have someone in your guild or a close friend buy it for you and gift it too you....then you just pay back your friend with real money.

    Wish there was a mount to match the Kitty....that would be even more awesome.....
    Last edited by MouseD; 2012-11-08 at 03:13 PM.

  6. #66
    Kind of impressed its 100% this time, i remember the last time they were only donating 50%. Might actually support this.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

  7. #67
    Stood in the Fire freakyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post
    Kind of impressed its 100% this time, i remember the last time they were only donating 50%. Might actually support this.
    They could have donated nothing at all, would that have made you happy? I mean, clearly 0% is much better than 50%.

    People are so jaded these days. Why is it a bad thing for a corporation to make money? Blizzard/Activision isn't running a charity, they are running a business. Stop being mad for them wanting to make a buck. Hell you pay them a monthly fee to play WoW, you paid them to buy WoW and every expansion. Don't be mad at them on one hand for wanting to make a buck and love them on the other hand enough to continually pay them each month to play their game.

    I will be getting one of these fine firey felines. I'm a ginger, so it has a special place in my heart. Oh, and i love cats. I don't own any cause i'm a little on the allergic side and live in an apartment where it would cost too much for me to own one, but i love the little guys!

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    Rich people in the US? The US is except for its mere size in a position equal to Greece. Yea sure, a few people are vvery weathy, but the country as a whole is pretty damn broke.
    I'm sorry? Where on earth do you get your economic information from? Greece is in a depression and is close to being a failed state. America has 3.5% GDP growth, dropping unemployment, and a government able to enforce its laws. So again, how is America anything at all like Greece?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 03:40 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    While I do not agree with the general America hate, you do start a lot of wars. Most recently: Afghanistan and Iraq. They were just ... unnecessary. This whole "war on terror" is just political BS to be able to go to war, for whatever reasons.

    Every logical thinking human being knows that you cannot defeat a loosely structured organization with independently operating cells through conventional warfare. It's just not possible.
    Umm...other than the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, I challenge you to name a war STARTED by the United States.

  9. #69
    I have more faith in today's society if I just assume that high levels of stupid are actually just successful, yet pointless, attempts at trolling

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I'm sorry? Where on earth do you get your economic information from? Greece is in a depression and is close to being a failed state. America has 3.5% GDP growth, dropping unemployment, and a government able to enforce its laws. So again, how is America anything at all like Greece?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 03:40 PM ----------

    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

    Face it, your country is broke. Also the spread of wealth in the US slowly starts to slide down to 3th world proportions. So expect living conditions to drop and crime flourish even more than it is doing now.
    Also the reason the US goes to war a lot also has it's ties with the arms industry being the biggest industry in the US. Also the second biggest industry is very illustrative: the trash industry. Considering everything has to be big in the US that doesn't surprise me though. The US is adapting very poorly to the future TBH and it will hit the hardest when resources run out as you are running a 'waste' economy.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post

    Umm...other than the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, I challenge you to name a war STARTED by the United States.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...sion_of_Panama

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_bombing_of_Yugoslavia

    Face it, your country is broke
    Wrong. They have the ultimate tool : the USD printing press. As long as they have the dollars making machine , and the other people on the planet still use and accept dollars, they are not broke and won't ever be .
    Last edited by vandam; 2012-11-08 at 04:00 PM.

  12. #72
    Stood in the Fire Trengor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The cold north
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post
    Kind of impressed its 100% this time, i remember the last time they were only donating 50%. Might actually support this.
    The donations for Japan with the Cenarion Hatchling was 100%. Can't remember if they have done any charity donations since that one.

  13. #73
    As a Serb, I wouldn't dare call a NATO bombing of Belgrade a "war", neither would I call a singular invasion a "war". War is a state of usually open and declared armed hostile conflict between states or nations. NATO is not a state, and Panama never fought back, ergo neither instance you linked are wars. Seriously, it looks like people just want to shit on the US for whatever. Let's not forget that the British have invaded 90% of the world, with only 22 countries through history escaping their wrath. Why not call the British out on their aggression?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 04:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

    Face it, your country is broke. Also the spread of wealth in the US slowly starts to slide down to 3th world proportions. So expect living conditions to drop and crime flourish even more than it is doing now.
    Also the reason the US goes to war a lot also has it's ties with the arms industry being the biggest industry in the US. Also the second biggest industry is very illustrative: the trash industry. Considering everything has to be big in the US that doesn't surprise me though. The US is adapting very poorly to the future TBH and it will hit the hardest when resources run out as you are running a 'waste' economy.
    I find it funny that your own link counters your awful point. Compare the debt levels of the US and Greece, then try your argument again. Or is 73% somehow equal to 189% and 100% is equal to 234%.

  14. #74
    Monstrous Plainshawks are now more peace loving.
    Finally, i think this is the mob who have killed me most in MoP while being afk at Halfhill

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by NineK View Post
    I rather donate to my local redcross that actually do help those in greatest need, the Caribian and not only those affected in the richest country in the world USA.
    Why on earth are you asking us to to only help that country who that has the biggest potential to recover fastest and that was mild damages?

    Pathetic Blizzard, a slap in the face on those poor people who already had it rough to start with before hurricane Sandy, like on Haiti
    You do realize that the US as a whole donated something like 800million dollars to the relief efforts in Haiti right? Your belief that everyone in the US is rich and well taken care of is a joke and the belief of either a) a child or b) an ignorant adult.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Wrong. They have the ultimate tool : the USD printing press. As long as they have the dollars making machine , and the other people on the planet still use and accept dollars, they are not broke and won't ever be .
    Printing more money just lowers the value of said money and if you keep doing that dollars won't be accepted anymore. Money needs to be backed up by something of value, otherwise the paper it's printed on is worth more than the money itself. Just printing more is a downward spiral if you don't have economic growth to back it up.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    The difference is: The US has a stupidly high budget for "defense" they can cut to support their own. COuntries like Haiti don't even have the money to buy grain your traders store on ships because the price isn't high enough.
    I hope the "fiscal cliff" comes into effect, bam 500 billion to spend on that "worthy" cause.

    I'll just send my money where they need it.
    Let's say you got your wish. Defense is slashed in half, US bases cannot be supported and are withdrawn. What now? Who steps up to the plate? The UN? Fat chance, a coalition of countries with no militaries more interested in themselves than the good of the whole. The only other country to match the US in army is Russia, so that's out. Not to mention what happens to places like S. Korea, Afghanistan, etc. when peacekeeping forces leave in the interim before another superpower steps up. What if we never intervened against Saddam? What would happen had his intended capture of Kuwait's oil reserves happened? What happens to all those smaller countries all over the world with inadequate police forces that welcome the protection offered? It's not as simple as picking and choosing who to help, and letting those countries burn is not an option, we're far more civilized than that.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    Printing more money just lowers the value of said money and if you keep doing that dollars won't be accepted anymore. Money needs to be backed up by something of value, otherwise the paper it's printed on is worth more than the money itself. Just printing more is a downward spiral if you don't have economic growth to back it up.
    They are backed by the strongest army on the planet . And by this simple mechanic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrodollar_warfare

  19. #79
    The speed increase provided by the Druid ability Stampeding Roar no longer stacks with the speed increases provided by Cat Form or Travel Form.
    But 296% travel form speed is fun!

  20. #80
    If you don't like the weather/want to be safe 100% of the time from weather. Move to the Moon. Cheers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •