Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feint: the best thing to happen to rogues

Reduces all aoe Dmg (physical and magic) by 50% that costs 20 energy. Talented and glyphed provides an extra 20% Dmg reduction to everything and increases the duration to 7 secs. No target required.

I know this is old news but still wanted to comment on it. Prob the best personal raid cd in game. And the selfishness of the skill just feels so roguish.

Kudos blizzard. Now fix our burst and mobility.

Talent adds 30% to everything. It also is a personal cd, not a raid cd of which we could certainly use one (feint as a raid cd would be broken though obviously).

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, compared to previous, its a significant dps loss. Previous version reduced all AoE damage by 50%, reduced threat level by 5%, was free, and on a 10 second CD (Sub could sacrifice bout 5% more damage for 90% uptime and 80% AoE damage reduction).

Now, sure, it can be spammed, but its a dps loss to use it even once. Keep it up with 100% uptime, loose a good 10-20% dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right. It's a cool cooldown, but it shouldn't be required to be spam-used in PVP, or the only reason we get brought in PVE.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Swirly Ball was the best thing to happen to Rogues.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

in most AOE heavy boss fights iam at almost full health why others at 40%. I'am saving my healers a butt load of mana and yell at them for dropping big ass heals on me :3
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2012-11-08 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Previous version reduced all AoE damage by 50%, reduced threat level by 5%, was free, and on a 10 second CD (Sub could sacrifice bout 5% more damage for 90% uptime and 80% AoE damage reduction).
    Actually no, it was more like 1-2% dmg for 80% uptime and a passive 30% AoE dmg reduction, which meant an overall 65% AoE dmg reduction with Feint up.

I really like feint, but i miss some glyph that reduces energy cost to 0 while putting back the CD to 10secs. So we can choose... spammeable AOE reduction for 20 energy, or a AOE reduction with 10sec of CD with no energy cost.

Also, i think it should have the threat reduction back, not that threat is a big issue any longer, but in some aoe cleaving situations it would come handy at the begining and i think it would be something that won't hurt anyone if it was brought back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do rogues really need more threat reduction on top of ToTT & Vanish though?
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Well, feint should reduce threat, but the reason it doesn't is simple- it no longer requires a target.

We used to have to be in melee range and have a target to feint. That was what got the threat reduction. And the threat reduction is pretty minor in any event- I like this version far more, even though it costs some energy. I really like, for instance, being so awesome on the force and verve part of the fight. Brought a rogue? Easier to heal.

I agree that feint is a huge part of what being a rogue is in pve. It's the thing I miss the most when I'm on another melee in pve.

its the best personal cooldown in game for raiding. negating 50% of AoE damage, which is a part of almost every boss encounter and probably the more challenging mechanics of the encounter specifically for healers is huge.

not using it for progression because you're suffering in dps is silly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Actually, compared to previous, its a significant dps loss. Previous version reduced all AoE damage by 50%, reduced threat level by 5%, was free, and on a 10 second CD (Sub could sacrifice bout 5% more damage for 90% uptime and 80% AoE damage reduction).

Now, sure, it can be spammed, but its a dps loss to use it even once. Keep it up with 100% uptime, loose a good 10-20% dps.
    It actually can and usually is a dps gain to use feint in certain situations, for example I can actually stay on elegon up to 30
    Or so stacks without any risk of dying for the add explosion, or I can actually go and dps the left back leg of Garalon while others melee can't with our raid strategy since most of the time we are out of healers range.
    I love feint, i loved it in data as sub and now I do even more

1. Spec Improved Feint
    2. Spam Improved Feint
    3. Stand front of Garalon with the Tank
    4. Cleave off front legs to Garalon
    5. For 20% less damage, gain an extra DPS for the fight.

For the rest, Feint is nice and all, for when healers can't reach you, it's a shame that it's uses are pretty limited due to his energy cost.

I don't think it's worth it to spec Elusiveness. Yes 30% dmg reduction is huge, but it doesn't last long enough and it's boring to spam it every 5-7 seconds. I'd rather have leeching poison and use regular feint for boss AOE.

Its the freaking worst thing to happen to rogues, especially in pvp, nobody wants to hit faint every few seconds, its not fun, irritating and cost dps. I hate it, another bad design choice by blizzard, as is everything with this class in this expansion.

I like that such a potent tool is available. It really rewards you for predicting your enemies in pvp. Elusiveness is probably my third favorite thing about the rogue class right now. In pve, of course, it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I like that such a potent tool is available. It really rewards you for predicting your enemies in pvp. Elusiveness is probably my third favorite thing about the rogue class right now. In pve, of course, it's great.
    Would you rather have the option of feint reducing aoe dmg or not having? My vote goes to having regardless of how detrimental it is to our pvp damage.

However I do understand your frustration with rogue PVP atm, compared to 4.3 we are significantly nerfed. No mobility, no burst, kinda like the state of warrior pvp in cata.

However, for PVE this is the best personal CD in game. Why? It has absolutely no CD and is spammable during downtime. It's absolutely awesome in progression fights where healers are struggling to keep players up during heavy aoe boss mechanics.

To blizzard: Fix our burst and mobility, make SS baseline or at least add a moving impairing removal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a suggestion or something official? Can't find any relative patch notes :/

^ Nevermind, i read the OP wrong.

It's nice, though rather clunky. But due to the way Cheat Death tends to behave alot better than that.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2012-11-10 at 02:11 PM.

Deleted
    Feint is awesome. Bottom on the "damage taken" meter on the second bossfight in MV, and while the raid is wiping because we messed up, I'm still happily stabbing away. "DPS loss", yeah likely, but for a damn good reason. When it really goes wrong, everyone around you drops dead and you are still standing there, rushing towards your vanish button
    Last edited by mmocb704ebc634; 2012-11-12 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    They kinda killed it by introducing the energy cost to it...
    Yes, having a permanent 50+30% damage reduction buff on you would be overpowered, but the energy cost makes it more of a burden than a boon. I feel squishier than other classes, but I surpass them in tankiness with Feint up, and I can't help but think our survival in PvE is balanced with that in mind; We're either very squishy or very resilient, while others are consistently in-between.
    With the energy cost, our already limiting energy system becomes even more constricting, our rotations suffer even further, and our output becomes worse.

I love Feint.
    I hate the energy cost.

I would really like to see the return of the free Feint from Cataclysm, but without the target requirement. Even if that forces it to come with a small cooldown. Better yet, remove Elusiveness, make it free, and remove the cost. I'd be willing to sacrifice the additional 30% damage reduction if it'd mean I can Feint at will without sacrificing damage.