Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rogue Changes --5.1 PTR Build 16281

• Kick now costs 10 energy, down from 15.

All Rogue changes from this build. Kick still remains one of the only Interrupts in the game to have any resource cost.

Source.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    30 Energy or a pittance of Mana. But it's also a blanket silence as opposed to a one-school lockout.

Good to see Blizzard fixing the mobility issue! /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviour View Post
    Good to see Blizzard fixing the mobility issue! /sarcasm
    Conservative ways!

A welcome change, even if it is a really small one. Going into MoP, I forgot what it was like to not have the energy for Kick, so it took a while to get used to again.

Making it cost 0 energy would be even better (free interrupt on my warrior is so nice!), but I'll take what I can get.

still waiting for a change that'll convince me to renew my subscription... /sigh i want step baseline MEOW!!!!! EVERY other class has some sort of mobility on short cd. make it happen blizzard.

Yeah step needs to be baseline now, just get rid of sprint and give us step.

Guys, they can't make it free... they would have to find a replacement pvp glove bonus if they did that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well atleast this makes it free with the PvP gloves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    30 Energy or a pittance of Mana. But it's also a blanket silence as opposed to a one-school lockout.
    If you can get to the front. In PvE, where standing in front of things as MDPS is generally an idiot thing to do, it's mostly just an insanely expensive Kick. Windwalker interrupt is horrible, made more obnoxious by the fact the Heal and Tank spex can do it for free.

Not that I'm trying to belittle how odd / annoying it is that Rogue rupt still has a somewhat hefty resource cost, mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    If you can get to the front. In PvE, where standing in front of things as MDPS is generally an idiot thing to do, it's mostly just an insanely expensive Kick. Windwalker interrupt is horrible, made more obnoxious by the fact the Heal and Tank spex can do it for free.

Not that I'm trying to belittle how odd / annoying it is that Rogue rupt still has a somewhat hefty resource cost, mind.
    Yep. Feels, like most of WW monk, like it was originally based on the rogue model and altered slightly.

I hardly think making kick a 0 energy move is the most needed thing for a rogue. Rogues are a control class therefore control should come at some cost in order to manage just how much "controlling" happens. We all know from mages what an over controllololling class looks like don't we? But thats a different issue. I think mobility is the issue on rogues that blizz needs to tackle next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sionorra View Post
    I hardly think making kick a 0 energy move is the most needed thing for a rogue. Rogues are a control class therefore control should come at some cost in order to manage just how much "controlling" happens. We all know from mages what an over controllololling class looks like don't we? But thats a different issue. I think mobility is the issue on rogues that blizz needs to tackle next.
    From a (raiding) PvE perspective I can't agree. Only energy-based classes have any serious cost to their interrupts, and I'd rather see the "bonuses" (lockout - doesn't affect most bosses, charge) separated from the interrupts with the interrupts made free. I don't know where the real issues lie in pvp, but in PvE now the goal is to get a rotation for interrupts that doesn't use your energy-based DPS, because everyone else does it for free off the GCD, or even benefits from doing it. The energy-user interrupt is the "last resort" because it costs DPS. I've heard arguments to make resto shaman plan heals around their interrupt in place of making DPS do it. It's gotten silly.

I'll grant most of those exist in the extreme and I don't raid at that level, but the fact that it comes up... that we pay a cost for something that doesn't work seems silly.
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-11-08 at 09:43 AM.

It should be free, any reduction is welcome, but it should be free (same goes with monks, although their interrupt is way more strong than ours). If they want to keep the energy cost, then kick needs to do something more in the line of warrior's rude interruption glyph or any other kind of beneficial side effect for the rogue.

Echoing others;

Kick should be free and come with a glyph that increases energy cost to x but if successful locks out all spells on the target.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post

You also forget how little Energy means to a Windwalker. This is mostly anecdotal, but on my 70 Windwalker, I feel like I spend more time dumping chi than generating it and I've never had a "not enough energy" problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    You also forget how little Energy means to a Windwalker. This is mostly anecdotal, but on my 70 Windwalker, I feel like I spend more time dumping chi than generating it and I've never had a "not enough energy" problem.
    Most people would probably say the same about energy on a low level rogue. They have the exact same energy regeneration issues as us at max level.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Suggestion:

"If your Kick successfully interrupts an enemy spell or ability, you gain 1 combo point on the target."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Suggestion:

"If your Kick successfully interrupts an enemy spell or ability, you gain 1 combo point on the target."
    That would be a cool change.