Parasitic Growth, what the funk?

Am I just doomed to kill people due to this mechanic on my mistweaver? Player gets debuff, Renewing Mists jumps to player, poor monk either kills the player thanks to Uplift or doesn't touch Uplift and kills the raid.

Halp.

10 man btw.

All healer can not use most their AoE heal in this fight.
    Not sure what you expect.

Deleted
    I've found enveloping to come in handy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    All healer can not use most their AoE heal in this fight.
    Not sure what you expect.
    I expect that every other healing spec is better suited to handle this than we are. It's not crippling, but my god its an annoying mechanic when the majority of your heals are "smart".

Can ask player to be aware of buffs click off renewing, on our kill I just avoided uplift and our disc would just shield the person thus cheesing the mechanic

15+ Year Old Account
    Ask the raid to make a simple macro:
    /cancelaura Renewing Mists
    And have them hit it when they get the debuff (and/or if they see RnM travel to them during it).

Boom, AoE heal away without fear.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by lebowski View Post
    I expect that every other healing spec is better suited to handle this than we are. It's not crippling, but my god its an annoying mechanic when the majority of your heals are "smart".
    Actually you are right.
    The Jade serpent thing will auto-heal the lowest member, which means you can't use that too.
    Didn't thought of that.

So once you get out of your comfort zone, you suck as a healer? I'm sorry but that just makes you a bad player. Think Yor'sahj purple phase. Adapt and improve.

Deleted
    1,2,or even 3 Uplifts wont kill debuffed target. Having Disc priest as other healer helps a bunch (bubble debuffed target=no dmg taken=no healing taken=no stacks of debuff)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anorax View Post
    So once you get out of your comfort zone, you suck as a healer? I'm sorry but that just makes you a bad player. Think Yor'sahj purple phase. Adapt and improve.
    Oh man, our kit would be terrible at purple phase lol. No big slow heal; we'd have to hard cast Surging Mist and Enveloping Mist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. I was aware of this mechanic and honestly didn't think to tell players to click off the renewing mists and I basically just played the same as I usually do and uplifted the raid when need be. There were only a few times that the debuff got out of control and they had to pop a personal CD to survive but honestly I think that might have been a combination of more than just my heals as I think our pally was trying to babysit them as well. I'd have to take a look at our logs to figure it out but there were very few deaths from that debuff and we were doing pally, druid, monk for heals. So no pro disc bubbles. *sadface*

The worst part of that stupid debuff is the last phase for sure. I'm not sure there's really any way to prevent spam healing them with how much damage goes flying. If the person doesn't have some sort of personal CD or someone else doesn't use an external I'm not sure how people are expected to survive that phase with debuff + flying amber crap. I distinctly remember our hunter getting owned not long after the last phase started on one of our attempts. xD

I do suggest that people who can dump it, like rogues with cloak and other immunities, do so. That definitely helps tons.