Lack of healers?? Since when?

Truthfully I'm only referring to 1-80 but I've been leveling my Monk as Tank and when I queue up for random dungeons, I'm the ready tank, 3 ready dps but we're waiting for ages for a healer. Again I went DPS a little bit, I queue up, I'm alongside 2 more dps and a tank in the queue and again, the healer seems to be the one that we're always waiting for.

Should I just go healmode for "insta" queues instead of tank? Last time I played (granted, it was like 1 year ago) tanks were the ones everyone was waiting for. What happened?

Healers typically don't get instant queues except for LFR and leveling dungeons. The reason why you are seeing a lower amount of healers in leveling dungeons is simple. It's too much hassle to maintain two sets of gear and you can tank in dps gear, so there's no reason to maintain a tank set while leveling. Now, priests, shamans, and druids can dps and heal in the same gear (shadow -> holy / disc, ele -> resto, boomkin -> resto) but paladins and monks cannot.

I dunno, my priest is around level 75 now and there seem to be too many healers. If I queue as dps/heals, I have been getting dps about 75% of the time. My queue is near instant either way.

I just dps as disc since it does more damage than most of the dps in every group I have, and it helps the less experienced healers with atonement.

Quote Originally Posted by neccowafer View Post
    I dunno, my priest is around level 75 now and there seem to be too many healers. If I queue as dps/heals, I have been getting dps about 75% of the time. My queue is near instant either way.

I just dps as disc since it does more damage than most of the dps in every group I have, and it helps the less experienced healers with atonement.
    It depends on the time of the day. Sometimes while leveling I'll get an instant queue as dps, 5 minute wait as tank.

It's 6 AM and it's been 30 mins as tank. Wow... And I'm kinda low lvl too so there should be plenty of scrubs >.<

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My experience has been too many healers. My monk could get in faster as straight dps than dps/heals.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

There is also the problem of low level dungeon healing being absurdly easy to point of not even requiring you to pay attention to the screen most of the time. It's a quick, brainless way to level, but most people probably find it too boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on what level you're queuing. Some levels it's difficult to get any role to queue (found level 30 to 40 horrible). It picks up around level 50 (Dire Maul). Then slows down until the WotLK dungeons again.

But generally I never had a problem queuing as a healer. If I solo queue I generally was in a dungeon in less than 3 minutes. This may not be true now due to Monks can heal and the proliferation of them due to being new, but healers get fast queues in general.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."