Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sick of feeling like a punching bag in pvp

Elemental shamans feel like a punching bag in arena, or even battlegrounds at some points. We have such little survivability and our damage is insanely low. Its pretty much pop cooldowns, play defensivly and wait till i die
    BM hunters can out heal my pathetic damage i do.
    Im geared in pvp, and my lava burst hits average 20k. where auto attacks hit me more then that
    Ive been pvping on wow for 8 years, so i know what im doing.
    Last edited by Magidude; 2012-10-29 at 07:17 PM.

There are plenty of awful players that have been playing for eight years. What % PvP power do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    There are plenty of awful players that have been playing for eight years. What % PvP power do you have?
    im at 25% right now

Can we see an armory link? Cant really judge something that we cant see that stats on. If you are dying to easily that means you are undergeared (or underskilled =/).

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    Well no shit you're not hitting for anything.
    Im full dread with 5 malev pieces, + proper pvppower gems

10+ Year Old Account
    I got 24% pvp power, and my lava burst are hitting for 50-80k depending on resilience. I dont see the problem, its been that way forever as an ele shaman. Turret dps and hope they dont notice you before they die.

Deleted
    I do more than 20k lava bursts as resto.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sweets View Post
    I do more than 20k lava bursts as resto.
    thats because resto is the only spec that doesnt suck balls as a shaman

Deleted
    You are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sweets View Post
    You are doing it wrong.
    Want aarmory? i know what im doing as an ele too so its not me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magidude View Post
    Want aarmory? i know what im doing as an ele too so its not me
    I really don't care.

Try kiting more, use pet pathing to your advantage if bm is killing you.
    Ricotta,Corleggy Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Magidude View Post
    Elemental shamans
    I found your problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half of you are being unhelpful and bordering on trolling. Cut it out.

Elemental shamans are such in a good position in PvP. Except when you're facing flavors of the month like Arms Warriors and Frost Mages... There is plenty of ways to get away and it just requires practice. They are 100 times better than they were in Cata where when there was someone in melee range, they were useless. If you knew what you were doing and not only following websites' builds and glyphs and actually try to use the abilities at your advantage you wouldn't have those problems.

How do you only have 25% pvp power? I don't even have full dreadful gear and I have one Malevolent piece and I'm close to 25%.

Honestly magidude, it just sounds like you don't know how to pvp.

I don't know how difficult it is to pop all cds + swg with proper gear and blow people up for you, but I've been carving through people in BGs (cuz BG kids are so pro). Unless you're being stupid and charging 5 horde by yourself, elemental can handle itself fine against other classes. Obviously you can't compare it to something broken like BM, but it's in a decent spot right now.

thats funny, as the only person who have been able to kill me 1v1 in pvp (except for a blood dk simply outlasting me) as BM hunter, is an Ele shamy.

ascendance - laveburst 140k hit - lavaburst 200k hit bam i'm dead, with 51% pvp resillience no less

Deleted
    People tempt to come here and tell us elemental is crap. Sure, elemental is not quite awesome - but perhaps you aren't good enough to 'master' elemental.

Please link your armory and a video of you in a situation where you feel like the elemental spec is capping your skills. If you don't, these threads aren't constructive