Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    This.

    Prestige-classes or something.
    Dunno, but since they removed the talentpoints per level, there are only new skills to gain as accomplishemt to level up. But please, not more skills...
    once upon a time (before TBC) Blizzard said that it would have really liked to make specialized classed based on race+class/spec combination (like Shadow Hunter for Shaman+Troll/whatever)

    now it is a bit unrealistical, but I would really REALLY like something like this. ;(

  2. #122
    If they make me use ground mounts again to level I'll spit on Blizzard (again) and their pointless decisions. I've spent over 10k gold so far to allow usage of my flying mount throughout the world. I leveled pre-BC, BC and LK on a ground mount and you know what? If you enjoy wasting your time running around then go play pre-BC on a private server and amuse yourself in self-torture.

    I was supposed to "immerse" myself in the world, although I'll never understand the correlation between riding at 220% speed and immersion, when I could fly at 451% speed a little above ground level and still "immerse" myself in the repetitive pandaren universe.

    So no, I wouldn't mind 10 more levels if they allowed flying mounts during the process.

  3. #123
    disregard this.

  4. #124
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    I was supposed to "immerse" myself in the world, although I'll never understand the correlation between riding at 220% speed and immersion, when I could fly at 451% speed a little above ground level and still "immerse" myself in the repetitive pandaren universe.
    It wasn't so much for immersion but for access to more world PvP. As you will notice there's no flying mounts in PvP.

    PvPers were complaining that flight destroyed PvP (my alts would like a word with such players in how completely wrong that idea is), and Blizzard in an effort to make PvP more accessible in the game, complied.

    Are they getting more ganks in? Probably. But the people who really suffer is the general population.

    I didn't agree with that "immersion" idea in RIFT when this debate was going on, and I'll disagree with Blizzard that this helps immersion...it doesn't. You can be as immersed in the environment 200ft above ground as on the ground. And as long as gryphons exist it truly is a pointless belief it adds more immersion.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  5. #125
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,659
    Don't really care. it's only numbers.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Prove me wrong.

    I wasn't referring to a "set ending level", I'm referring to the engine and it's limits. EQ2's is set to 200. So WoW has some engine limit, too. No engine can handle more than it's designed for unless it's upgraded...and that in gaming is a whole new platform (a WoW 2.0).
    Utter BS.. almost all the ´private servers´ go up to like level 500. You think the people who programmed private servers for WOW have more skill then the actual programers at WOW?

    the engine was not programmed to be limited at 100. The devs have already said this directly. The only discussion there really is about ´levels´ has to do with pyschology (omg, I am new, and everyone is 100 levels ahead of me) or marketing ( eh.. is going from 105 to 110 worth it). The devs have already directly said there are no tech hurdles.. so you keep assuming and repeating crap you made up.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 04:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Nor you, as the engine itself was not upgraded. You can ADD code for ADDITIONAL features and change code, but the engine itself is the same...right down to the original 16 slot bag.

    Do you understand what a game engine is even?

    Developers do not rewrite the game engine until they have a replacement for the entire platform. It takes too much work/time/money/testing to do otherwise.
    But show me anywhere in the game éngine´ that it is hardcoded to end at 100? Again, the dev quotes have already been provided where they said there are NO TECHNICAL ISSUES.. preventing them from going over 100.

    You keep repeating this ´but the engine is set to 100´.. It is not. The devs have said it, private servers have shown it.. it is NOT TRUE. you keep stating something very stupid as fact when there is no proof for it, and a lot against it..

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 04:40 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    It wasn't so much for immersion but for access to more world PvP. As you will notice there's no flying mounts in PvP.

    PvPers were complaining that flight destroyed PvP (my alts would like a word with such players in how completely wrong that idea is), and Blizzard in an effort to make PvP more accessible in the game, complied.

    Are they getting more ganks in? Probably. But the people who really suffer is the general population.

    I didn't agree with that "immersion" idea in RIFT when this debate was going on, and I'll disagree with Blizzard that this helps immersion...it doesn't. You can be as immersed in the environment 200ft above ground as on the ground. And as long as gryphons exist it truly is a pointless belief it adds more immersion.
    I disagree.. when you fly from point A to point B you don´t see all the little details of the map. I am not saying they are important.. but the shrines, rare item spawns and just the ´world´ is lost a lot if you fly from A to B.

    But in reality, I never understood why people wanted to fly while questing. Name one quest while leveling where flying would make things significantly faster. Some of the dailies (cooking) etc are far away.. but with questing the first few zones, the objectives are basically right in front of you.. most of the quest hubs even have free transport to the next quest hub. People greatly overstate the amount of time they would save by flying in the early zones.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I don't understand what makes the number 100 so magical...? It's a number like any other? =/

    I doubt they will do it but I would like it because it would make soloing old content even easier, each level above makes a huge difference.
    I never understand either.
    Why people insist that wow must stop at 100?
    in classic the level cap was 60 not 50 or 10 or any other "magical" number.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 05:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Nor you, as the engine itself was not upgraded. You can ADD code for ADDITIONAL features and change code, but the engine itself is the same...right down to the original 16 slot bag.

    Do you understand what a game engine is even?

    Developers do not rewrite the game engine until they have a replacement for the entire platform. It takes too much work/time/money/testing to do otherwise.
    Engine can consistently be update. I don't know if the 16 slot bag is a engine limit. I thought it is because that if they allow people to move that bag, it is possible to a player to have no bag and no way to acquire new bags.

    Now your second statement is pure BS.
    Developers do not rewrite the game engine until they have a replacement for the entire platform. It takes too much work/time/money/testing to do otherwise.
    They is completely not true. The way most game developer make game is use something akin to the iterative model not something like a waterfall model.
    They start with a prototype and continue to improve as time go on.

    On the subject of level cap, I would assume the data are stored in a database, because you know, it is the standard way to store data.
    If then I see no reason for the level cap can not go over 100. One of the point of database it to provide an abstraction of the data no bonded by the actually hardware level of storing the data.
    Heck I will do it for you.
    ALTER TABLE Character MODIFY level INT(3);
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-11-09 at 05:27 PM.

  8. #128
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Next expansion will be the last one and max level will be 100 so yes, 10 levels next xpac it is.
    Yeah sure, last expansion. Over 10 million players. Last expansion. Sure.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    On the subject of level cap, I would assume the data are stored in a database, because you know, it is the standard way to store data.
    Level cap is hardcoded in client as 255. Still it's like 16 more expansions till level 250 if we will be going 10 levels per expansion.

  10. #130
    Oh Jesus why we have turned this subject that can even be interesting in another of the same stale old discussion? if you want to discuss this things use PMs and don't derails the thread. (and I do not care about who started it really)

  11. #131
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    No, they didn't. Why are people making up stupid things?

    Because they can!

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Level cap is hardcoded in client as 255. Still it's like 16 more expansions till level 250 if we will be going 10 levels per expansion.
    That's only really a limitation if you can't access the source, though. Which Blizzard can, so if they wanted to go beyond 255, they could.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •