Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Heart of Fear no two-hander?

Is dungeon journal bugged or is there really no 2h in entire Heart of Fear?

It seems a bit unfair as most other classes except hunters and 2h melees have choice in both HoF and MSV.

That's because the two-hander you'd want is in the Terrace of Eternal Spring, obviously.

HoF and Terrace loot is linked. MSV has almost an entire set (including VP items), while HoF and Terrace have a set between them.

Feral Druids don't get a 2 hander in HoF either. Just the way the loot has worked out this time.

There are no caster dps weapons in heart of fear either. You have to look at hof+terrace as a tier. You're not expected to be able to fully gear in only one of them.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    HoF and Terrace loot is linked. MSV has almost an entire set (including VP items), while HoF and Terrace have a set between them.

Feral Druids don't get a 2 hander in HoF either. Just the way the loot has worked out this time.
    Oh ok thanks that explains a lot I did not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by kaoz View Post
    Is dungeon journal bugged or is there really no 2h in entire Heart of Fear?

It seems a bit unfair as most other classes except hunters and 2h melees have choice in both HoF and MSV.
    or casters... so hunters, warriors, mages, warlocks, death knights, Paladins, druids. Yep most other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogge View Post
    There are no caster dps weapons in heart of fear either. You have to look at hof+terrace as a tier. You're not expected to be able to fully gear in only one of them.
    yeah but the item design is pretty stupid nonetheless. Ever seen a dps warrior do damage without a weapon? I haven't. Item Gaps are just too big from 463 to 496 to just offer one 2-hand weapon before terrace. It has never ever been that hard to equip a melee dps for raiding 10-man heroics, if you dont have the opportunity to go 25-man for loots. Conquest Points for PVP weapons was just reached the last week, and that only is if you're crazy dedicated, farming your conquest pvp stuff on top of everything else EVERY week since release. Not everyone has great drop luck.

We're running with 3 plate dps/tanks, trying to do some 10-man Progress. We have not yet had a single Drop of 1-hand or 2-hand strength weapon. Only melee weapon we had was a agi pole for our feral. That's it. Across LFR and 10-man, including Bonus Rolls every single ID. And not everyone has the time or the motivation to do pvp atop of all the pve stuff, in order to be able to do pve progression. And its not like HoF hasn't got some tight enrages if your run with low equiped melee dps.

Like I said, just totally stupid design.

EDIT: Casters are just fine without a weapon. They can basically deal damage from every other INT Item. Melee DPS can't. At least not with such a scaling factor.
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2012-11-08 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    yeah but the item design is pretty stupid nonetheless. Ever seen a dps warrior do damage without a weapon? I haven't. Item Gaps are just too big from 463 to 496 to just offer one 2-hand weapon before terrace. It has never ever been that hard to equip a melee dps for raiding 10-man heroics, if you dont have the opportunity to go 25-man for loots. Conquest Points for PVP weapons was just reached the last week, and that only is if you're crazy dedicated, farming your conquest pvp stuff on top of everything else EVERY week since release. Not everyone has great drop luck.

We're running with 3 plate dps/tanks, trying to do some 10-man Progress. We have not yet had a single Drop of 1-hand or 2-hand strength weapon. Only melee weapon we had was a agi pole for our feral. That's it. Across LFR and 10-man, including Bonus Rolls every single ID. And not everyone has the time or the motivation to do pvp atop of all the pve stuff, in order to be able to to pve progression.

Like I said, just totally stupid design.

EDIT: Casters are just fine without a weapon. They can basically deal damage from every other INT Item. Melee DPS can't. At least not with such a scaling factor.
    Eh, normal modes should be clearable with a mix of 463/489 gear. Yes, melee scale very well with the weapon, but it shouldn't be game-breaking to go without the weapon in normal modes. Heroic modes are where it matters, certainly, but then the intended progression is this:

MSV normal - HoF normal - Terrace normal - MSV heroic - HoF/Terrace heroic

By the time you get into MSV heroic, you should have had plenty of opportunities for an ilevel 489 or 496 weapon to drop. Sure, some guilds have been able to get into MSV heroic early, but that's due to the gating system. It's not really intentional or optimal to go into MSV heroic before HoF/Terrace normal.

We also can't really argue that melee should 'always' get their weapons early in an instance due to this class design. That seems pretty unfair. There have been times where a melee weapon dropped from the first boss of an instance (first boss of Firelands, for example), and there are times when they only drop from later bosses. Got to mix things up to keep the game interesting.

Deleted
    You've never seen that huge chunk of spellpower on weapons last couple of years no? Only like what, one third of total spellpower of casters? Casters scale amazing with their weapon, and it's also by far their biggest upgrade in terms of gearing to get.
    Mage/warlocks also only have 1 option between the 2 raids, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's other specs. You're not special.

Deleted
    Except that weapons have a crazy amount of SP on them... In 480 gear, my 463 weapon is still providing 5152 out of my 19k SP. I'm a healer and gemming spirit, so a caster would have slightly more SP if gemming int, but you still can't say that the caster's weapon isn't a big deal. Blizzard specifically tossed a lot of SP on weapons so it would be the most important upgrade for a caster, just as it is for melee.

Casters get a huge boost in SpellPower from their weapon, it is as important as it is for melee dps/hunters.

Stop whining, RNG is RNG, you'll get a weapon eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're missing my point. I'm not saying casters shouldn't have weapons, I'm saying caster can manage good dps without a weapon, because they have enough gear possibilites on the other slots. Cause they scale differently. You're right, a caster gets a push from a weapon. But they are still able to do decent dps without one. Melees arent. But thats not the point. It can very well be extended to healers and casters aswell.

I'm not saying they should integrate 1230 weapons on the first 3 bosses. I'm just saying the way they did it, its just fail designed. There needs to be a possibility to skip that gap - maybe integrate a caster and a melee weapon with an itemlevel of 478 oder 480 you can buy from one of the faction vendors. Lets say shado pan revered. Or Golden Lotus exalted.

Changing the intended Progression order by delaying the release of new raid zones, without fixing the item design, is just messed up. Thats my point.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    as a warlock that would if possible primarily play demo, and the fact that the only caster weapon in the for-seeable future is a wand.... im sad too

but i have to agree, weapon is much more important for mellee. if your in 380 ilvl with a lvl 10 white weapon as mellee, you will not do any dps at all. a caster will still be able to do soemthing. hell a caster can dps without a weapon equipped! go test it. dps a dummy for 5min, then un-equip your weapon and dps again. casters do not need weapons anywhere near what a mellee does
    Last edited by Viggers; 2012-11-08 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    As a melee 2h let me say it annoys me to no end that we have so few options this tier.

We have a sword very early on (Elegon) and an axe at the very end (Terrace). Nothing inbetween and NO MACES (cos fuck Alliance PvE racials...). It's kind of lacking compared to previous tiers (we had all 3 in 11, 12 and 13).

It means that until Terrace is out, I only have 1 shot at a weapon per week (2 if you count LFR) and that's just poor. It feels like I'm being held back by RNG more than ever before.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "entry level" (476) Epic weapons have been scattered as rare loot through the Heroic Dungeons (eg before raiding progression), that is why they don't appear until the end of the raiding progression and when they do, they're Sha-Touched and pretty decent.

Edit: Added Ilevel

I'm not saying they should integrate 1230 weapons on the first 3 bosses. I'm just saying the way they did it, its just fail designed. There needs to be a possibility to skip that gap - maybe integrate a caster and a melee weapon with an itemlevel of 478 oder 480 you can buy from one of the faction vendors. Lets say shado pan revered. Or Golden Lotus exalted.
    So one of these, you mean: http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filte...s=5;crv=0;gb=2

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conzar View Post
    The "entry level" (476) Epic weapons have been scattered as rare loot through the Heroic Dungeons (eg before raiding progression), that is why they don't appear until the end of the raiding progression and when they do, they're Sha-Touched and pretty decent.

Edit: Added Ilevel
    There are alot of weapons in Mogu'shan Vaults, even for those who has weapons in Heroics. Hunters has one in Setting Sun and Will of the Emperor and the upgrade is in Terrace of Endless Springs :P

Deleted
    allright you can ran lfr use your bonus loot and do it on normal mode again so you will 4 chances every week for a weapon upgrade, if you can´t kill elegon in ten men normalemode, dont try to achieve the heroic kills

4 Chances a week at a melee weapon at least in MSV.
    Epic weapons are in heroics.
    You have a lot more chances to get a weapon then you think.