Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Balance druid problems

    hello guys! I wonder if you too have dps problem like me. This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3mana/advanced

    Im hit/haste capped and stacking crit. In raid bosses I do simple roation: 75lunar energy at the beginning > starsurge > Poping berserk (troll) + arcane form boomkin + Nature Vigil > starfall > moon/sun fire > Wrath to 100% solar power > starfall > re sun/moonfire > starfire and repeat that.

    I do find my dps below all my mates from raid on every single boss. Any ideas what I can imporve?

  2. #2
    High Overlord The Boomking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In my Chickensuit
    Posts
    147
    Well it seems to be alright, but there's a few things you can do.

    Using Starfall before Starsurge at the start, for instance, because you'll hit lunar eclipse right after that and can do a new Starfall when the old one ends. Also coming out of the first lunar phase I hit Celestial Alignment immediately for extra burst. As soon as I pop it I do a Moonfire (both dots are applied then), refresh Starfall when it runs out, and spam Starfire. Be sure to refresh your dots with a few seconds left on Celestial Alignment, cause they both apply at the same time.

    On top of that, remember to use trinkets, Treants/Incarnation, and try and use Symbiosis on a mage if there are any, that'll give you Mirror Image!

    So my rotation looks like this, normally: Starfall > Starsurge > Trinket > Nature's Vigil > Force of Nature (Also Mirror Image if possible) > Dots > Starfall > Starfire > When out of Lunar, Celestial Alignment > Dots > Starfall when the old runs out > Starfire > Dots again when the buff ends > Starfall to Solar Eclipse and normal rotation from then on, with cds when they're ready.

    Hope I helped!

  3. #3
    i have damage problems also
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

  4. #4
    Mirror image does so pathetic damage it's not even worth it dps wise. And force of nature??

  5. #5
    The Patient Skyepic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boomking View Post
    Well it seems to be alright, but there's a few things you can do.

    Using Starfall before Starsurge at the start, for instance, because you'll hit lunar eclipse right after that and can do a new Starfall when the old one ends. Also coming out of the first lunar phase I hit Celestial Alignment immediately for extra burst. As soon as I pop it I do a Moonfire (both dots are applied then), refresh Starfall when it runs out, and spam Starfire. Be sure to refresh your dots with a few seconds left on Celestial Alignment, cause they both apply at the same time.

    On top of that, remember to use trinkets, Treants/Incarnation, and try and use Symbiosis on a mage if there are any, that'll give you Mirror Image!

    So my rotation looks like this, normally: Starfall > Starsurge > Trinket > Nature's Vigil > Force of Nature (Also Mirror Image if possible) > Dots > Starfall > Starfire > When out of Lunar, Celestial Alignment > Dots > Starfall when the old runs out > Starfire > Dots again when the buff ends > Starfall to Solar Eclipse and normal rotation from then on, with cds when they're ready.

    Hope I helped!
    As far as I know CA/NV/INC all stack, which means going CA > lunar, instead of lunar > CA would be a bigger DPS increase because you'd have your trinkets with the mass amount of CD's you're already stacking.

    So ideally the rotation would be: *Start in Solar* Starsurge > CA/INC/NV/Trinkets > Dots > Starfire til CA drops > wrath to lunar > go into basic rotation.
    By doing it this way you get all your CD's combo'd with your trinket and you're still able to go through a Lunar phase with NV/INC up.

    Some like to wait 15 seconds on CA to match with the end of the duration of NV/INC, frankly i don't see the point because you're trinket procs will most likely be falling off by that point.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    As far as I know CA/NV/INC all stack, which means going CA > lunar, instead of lunar > CA would be a bigger DPS increase because you'd have your trinkets with the mass amount of CD's you're already stacking.

    So ideally the rotation would be: *Start in Solar* Starsurge > CA/INC/NV/Trinkets > Dots > Starfire til CA drops > wrath to lunar > go into basic rotation.
    By doing it this way you get all your CD's combo'd with your trinket and you're still able to go through a Lunar phase with NV/INC up.

    Some like to wait 15 seconds on CA to match with the end of the duration of NV/INC, frankly i don't see the point because you're trinket procs will most likely be falling off by that point.
    So you are wasting Inc+NV secs ( from 0-Lunar after CA drops) just so you can have 1 more trinket-buffed DoT ? I really don't see your reasoning here.

    Also at the rotation above: Proc Lunar with Wrath not SS. You don't have DoTs rolling so no wasted SS procs, so you are basically throwing away a perfectly good SS that could have been buffed

  7. #7
    Pre-Lunar > Starfall > Wrath > Incarnation/NV/on-use > Starfall > Sunfire > Moonfire > Starsurge > Starfall till Eclipse ends > CA > Moonfire > Starfall > Starfire (Starsurge on CD and procs)


    End of.

  8. #8
    The Patient Amalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Pre-Lunar > Starfall > Wrath > Incarnation/NV/on-use > Starfall > Sunfire > Moonfire > Starsurge > Starfall till Eclipse ends > CA > Moonfire > Starfall > Starfire (Starsurge on CD and procs)


    End of.
    This ^
    Mirror Images do 2k damage. Not DPS. Damage. the only time to use them would be pre-pull, but thats it. otherwise its a waste of a GCD. and Incarnation is way better then treants =/!

    RIP Amalisa 2006 - 2013 - Burning Steppes to Kazzak and everything in between.
    Officially quit WoW, May 2013, now just a troll

  9. #9
    Dreadlord xtramuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    879
    Daniie is also right, you wrath not starsurge pre lunar, so you get an eclipsed SS for more dps. I usually pre pot on 2sec to pull, starfall and start casting wrath so it fires on pull..


    Vexxe of Old School looking for established and reliable RBG Team to push HOTH PM me.






  10. #10
    Im not complaining about my dps, I will complain about askmrrobot. Why is he always telling me to reforge in a way that im under hit cap?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Im not complaining about my dps, I will complain about askmrrobot. Why is he always telling me to reforge in a way that im under hit cap?
    Why do you use askmrrobot if it isn't correct? You can reforge manually or use ReforgeLite or some other addon that may work better if you don't wanna do it manually.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by qweek View Post
    Why do you use askmrrobot if it isn't correct? You can reforge manually or use ReforgeLite or some other addon that may work better if you don't wanna do it manually.
    I reforged manually, I'm asking why is it reforging in a way that im under hit cap by some 0.2%....

  13. #13
    It's doing that because 14.8 hit rating in most boss encounters will yield zero misses still. It is then maximizing your haste breakpoint and crit potential. Usually it will only tell you to go under if you will be over by close to the same amount with perfect reforging elsewhere. It's possible a couple attempts you will have a miss, but more than likely that will not matter in the long term of perhaps 30+ pulls to master an encounter on progression, or certainly won't matter on farm bosses. But you also have the choice to not listen to Mr. Robot and if being under scares you, don't do it.

    As for the rotation most people are saying, I agree with. Only thing I do different is start by: Pre-Pot -> Starfall -> Sunfire -> Wrath -> Incarnation/NV (macroed together) -> Moonfire -> Starsurge.... At that point I check my Starfall and will usually cast a Starfire as well before refreshing Starfall. Seems wrong to refresh your Starfall over the previous one you have going which is what effectively is what everyone else is saying. You will still have a Inc/NV-buffed Starfall but you aren't overriding one already going (you then wait for this one to wear off before casting your CA-buffed Starfall, again not overriding them).

    Also casting Sunfire before popping your cds and getting into Lunar makes more sense to me as 1. Sunfire never wears off before I run out of Lunar and Pop CA/recast both dots and 2. You are wasting a GCD when Lunar is fully buffed and that time would be better spent hard casting Starfires. 3. Getting a Sunfire up earlier can possibly get you an instant starsurge as you are going into your cooldowns for even more burst. I don't think the benefit of a Nature's Graced sunfire for 7-8 seconds would outweigh this. But it may, I'm no professional theorycrafter.

    Lastly to comment on the Mirror Images... what was said is correct. Literally 2k damage, sometimes not even that. It's not meant to be a dps increaser in any way. While this is off-topic, for most heroic progression I recommend symbiosis on a warlock or DK for the extra dmg reduction cds (lock 40% reduction for 12 sec, 3 min cd; DK - Anti-Magic Shell for 6 seconds, 45 sec cd).
    Last edited by Purrberry; 2012-11-04 at 05:26 PM.

  14. #14
    High Overlord Babytaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    198
    15% Spell Hit (Hit | Spirit) > Haste (5273) > Crit > Mastery

    Red Socket: Int/Haste or Int/Crit
    Yellow Socket: Int/Haste or Crit
    Blue Socket: Int/Spirit or Crit/Spirit

    The Boomkin DPS opener is very important. Sunfyre's guide on this forum is good. Check it out. Below is the opener from his guide with some minor changes I felt were needed.

    Start fight one cast pre-Lunar.
    Potion of the Jade Serpent (before pull)
    Starfall
    Wrath
    Incarnation + Nature's Vigil + trinkets macro
    Moonfire + Sunfire
    Starfall (when previous ends)
    Starfire until 0 energy
    Celestial Alignment
    Starfall (when previous ends)
    Moonfire (also applies Sunfire)
    Starfire (utilize Shooting Stars procs)
    Refresh Moonfire immediately before Celestial Alignment ends
    Starfire until Solar Eclipse
    Sunfire + Moonfire
    Wrath until Lunar Eclipse
    Rinse and repeat (from the 'Starfall' below Celestial Alignment)


    Part of being an exceptional DPS relies on how fast you can adapt and take advantage of different mechanics. Boomkin's aren't great this patch compared to other classes and specs, but I find myself at the top because of this reason.

    Master your class. Research and prepare for boss encounters. Adapt and excel.

    Also, don't use Mr. Robot. It's not very good. Check out Sunfyre's guide on these forums and Elitist Jerks.

  15. #15
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Purrberry View Post
    It's doing that because 14.8 hit rating in most boss encounters will yield zero misses still. It is then maximizing your haste breakpoint and crit potential. Usually it will only tell you to go under if you will be over by close to the same amount with perfect reforging elsewhere. It's possible a couple attempts you will have a miss, but more than likely that will not matter in the long term of perhaps 30+ pulls to master an encounter on progression, or certainly won't matter on farm bosses. But you also have the choice to not listen to Mr. Robot and if being under scares you, don't do it.

    As for the rotation most people are saying, I agree with. Only thing I do different is start by: Pre-Pot -> Starfall -> Sunfire -> Wrath -> Incarnation/NV (macroed together) -> Moonfire -> Starsurge.... At that point I check my Starfall and will usually cast a Starfire as well before refreshing Starfall. Seems wrong to refresh your Starfall over the previous one you have going which is what effectively is what everyone else is saying. You will still have a Inc/NV-buffed Starfall but you aren't overriding one already going (you then wait for this one to wear off before casting your CA-buffed Starfall, again not overriding them).

    Also casting Sunfire before popping your cds and getting into Lunar makes more sense to me as 1. Sunfire never wears off before I run out of Lunar and Pop CA/recast both dots and 2. You are wasting a GCD when Lunar is fully buffed and that time would be better spent hard casting Starfires. 3. Getting a Sunfire up earlier can possibly get you an instant starsurge as you are going into your cooldowns for even more burst. I don't think the benefit of a Nature's Graced sunfire for 7-8 seconds would outweigh this. But it may, I'm no professional theorycrafter.

    Lastly to comment on the Mirror Images... what was said is correct. Literally 2k damage, sometimes not even that. It's not meant to be a dps increaser in any way. While this is off-topic, for most heroic progression I recommend symbiosis on a warlock or DK for the extra dmg reduction cds (lock 40% reduction for 12 sec, 3 min cd; DK - Anti-Magic Shell for 6 seconds, 45 sec cd).
    Popping Sunfire before Lunar means it's not getting Nature's Grace, so less ticks, less chance of Shooting Stars procs.

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Popping Sunfire before Lunar means it's not getting Nature's Grace, so less ticks, less chance of Shooting Stars procs.
    Also not benefitting from your Natures Vigil ............ prepot , starfall , wrath , incarnation + natures vigil + on use trinket with 25 sec duration , sunfire , moonfire and continue
    If you have the on use trinket from shado pan (15 sec duration) or any other 15 sec trinket , bind it with you CA since it will benefit you more, they got 1 min cd so you can use it 2 more times between your cds.

  17. #17
    AskMrRobot has like literally never been any good IMO.

    wowreforge for reforging needs (use proper stat values to max haste out)

    Mirror Images are truly awful. I usually take AMS or Cloak to avoid mechanics.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Babytaco View Post
    15% Spell Hit (Hit | Spirit) > Haste (5273) > Crit > Mastery

    Red Socket: Int/Haste or Int/Crit
    Yellow Socket: Int/Haste or Crit
    Blue Socket: Int/Spirit or Crit/Spirit

    The Boomkin DPS opener is very important. Sunfyre's guide on this forum is good. Check it out. Below is the opener from his guide with some minor changes I felt were needed.

    Start fight one cast pre-Lunar.
    Potion of the Jade Serpent (before pull)
    Starfall
    Wrath
    Incarnation + Nature's Vigil + trinkets macro
    Moonfire + Sunfire
    Starfall (when previous ends)
    Starfire until 0 energy
    Celestial Alignment
    Starfall (when previous ends)
    Moonfire (also applies Sunfire)
    Starfire (utilize Shooting Stars procs)
    Refresh Moonfire immediately before Celestial Alignment ends
    Starfire until Solar Eclipse
    Sunfire + Moonfire
    Wrath until Lunar Eclipse
    Rinse and repeat (from the 'Starfall' below Celestial Alignment)


    Part of being an exceptional DPS relies on how fast you can adapt and take advantage of different mechanics. Boomkin's aren't great this patch compared to other classes and specs, but I find myself at the top because of this reason.

    Master your class. Research and prepare for boss encounters. Adapt and excel.

    Also, don't use Mr. Robot. It's not very good. Check out Sunfyre's guide on these forums and Elitist Jerks.
    The only change I'd made to that opener would be to not re-dot as soon as you enter solar eclipse because your buffed dots from refreshing before you lose Inc/NV/CA should still be up for some time.

  19. #19
    The Patient Tumadre80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    253
    Don't stack Nature's Vigil && Celestial Alignment.

    Back in my day, we killed bosses 400 times a day...uphill both ways...in the snow...and we fucking liked it. In related news, I hear that uninstalling WoW completely from your hard drive and then reinstalling it resets your RNG numbers. -septor

  20. #20
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boomking View Post
    Well it seems to be alright, but there's a few things you can do.

    Using Starfall before Starsurge at the start, for instance, because you'll hit lunar eclipse right after that and can do a new Starfall when the old one ends. Also coming out of the first lunar phase I hit Celestial Alignment immediately for extra burst. As soon as I pop it I do a Moonfire (both dots are applied then), refresh Starfall when it runs out, and spam Starfire. Be sure to refresh your dots with a few seconds left on Celestial Alignment, cause they both apply at the same time.

    On top of that, remember to use trinkets, Treants/Incarnation, and try and use Symbiosis on a mage if there are any, that'll give you Mirror Image!

    So my rotation looks like this, normally: Starfall > Starsurge > Trinket > Nature's Vigil > Force of Nature (Also Mirror Image if possible) > Dots > Starfall > Starfire > When out of Lunar, Celestial Alignment > Dots > Starfall when the old runs out > Starfire > Dots again when the buff ends > Starfall to Solar Eclipse and normal rotation from then on, with cds when they're ready.

    Hope I helped!
    You are already wasting too much cd's for your burst. The 20% from alignment fits better if you hit NG from entering solar the first time.

    Pmuch like this.

    Starfall - > Wrath * Lunar Eclipse swap* -> NV -> Incarnation -> SS -> DoT's (yes behind SS so it doesn't insta proc) ->Starfire until Starfall ends -> Starfall -> Starfire until Solar *Solar Eclips swap* -> Celestial alignment -> Sunfire -> Starfire spam until end -> Refresh DoT's at 1 sec left of CA.



    (no point in picking up Force of Nature as it is a pure waste of dps compared to Incarnation Which lasts for 30 seconds and alligns with your other cooldowns.)

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 11:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepe View Post
    The only change I'd made to that opener would be to not re-dot as soon as you enter solar eclipse because your buffed dots from refreshing before you lose Inc/NV/CA should still be up for some time.
    You can always put in your own stat weights into Mrrobot. But yes there are better ways. Using reforgelite fe. Can put in everything you need from haste plateau's to gem choices etc. Fixes you reforging in a jiffy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •