Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    I'd like a bit of help if anyone cares to take a minute for me. Here's my status. I bought on launch the CE (big ass box) and played for 2 pay periods. I got my Assassin to 50 and some other characters to the 20's or so. I fed quite a few credits/mats down to my other characters so they have higher than what they should on crafting as well as storage. I maxed out my server with the full 8 slots. What exactly am I going to have access to when I login under this new F2P model. I noticed I'll be 'preferred' or such and I'm supposed to get a decent chunk of these coins to play with. But how many characters will I be able to use? Can I still create new ones? What of all the bank slots and such I already payed for in game. I logged out wearing some epics what happens there. Oh I also was a GM at the time, do I still have my guild? Is there anything else I should know? I quit before legacy even dropped and I was the last one playing from my group of friends. Any and all help is much appreciated.
    You can still play all your characters for now. At some point, they haven't said when exactly, you'll have to pick two to keep active the rest will still be there (in case you decide to resub) but you won't be able to use them.

You aren't suppose to lose anything you bought or unlocked (inventory expansions, cargo bays, legacy unlocks, etc).

I think you are knocked down to two quickbars.

You won't get those cartel coins unless you resub by 12/20.

You can still use all your gear you currently have, but if you gain new epics you'll have to buy the unlock for those.

What happened to your guild depends on a lot of variables that it really wouldn't be worth the time to delve into. You should log on and check on that one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    *snip*
    Slowpoke.

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I'll actually have most of the full game open as a previous subscriber for now anyways thats good I suppose. However I have to pay for another month to get my coins...honestly that sounds like a cashgrab before they shutdown and run. Feeling very wary about this now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I'll actually have most of the full game open as a previous subscriber for now anyways thats good I suppose. However I have to pay for another month to get my coins...honestly that sounds like a cashgrab before they shutdown and run. Feeling very wary about this now.
    Don't spend too much time reading the threads where we talk about that a lot...it will make you not want to give them a dime. I say just resubscribe for one month to try out everything new you haven't seen (there's a good amount now) and then decide from there. You'll get the added benefit of some coins to throw away on Crime Lord Cartel Packs and possibly get the Sith Floating Toilet of Doom.

I think you're right about the cash grab. they do want you to spend $15 but the good thing is you will get between $20 and $30 in coins (roughly) for that and another 500 coins for the month paid (though I'm not sure when those drop into your account).

It's a good deal but a grab at some money for that deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Don't spend too much time reading the threads where we talk about that a lot...it will make you not want to give them a dime. I say just resubscribe for one month to try out everything new you haven't seen (there's a good amount now) and then decide from there. You'll get the added benefit of some coins to throw away on Crime Lord Cartel Packs and possibly get the Sith Floating Toilet of Doom.
    I would very much like a floaty doom toilet...another odd thing, did they ever get an 'armory' type webpage up or is that just another bit of vaporized talk from CMs.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I think you're right about the cash grab. they do want you to spend $15 but the good thing is you will get between $20 and $30 in coins (roughly) for that and another 500 coins for the month paid (though I'm not sure when those drop into your account).

It's a good deal but a grab at some money for that deal.
    Great post. I might just resub for the month to get my cartel coins, cancel, then use the coins for the unlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    Great post. I might just resub for the month to get my cartel coins, cancel, then use the coins for the unlocks.
    this is probably the most logical thing for most of us to do, get your stuff in order, get your coins, cut it off. But then this is what makes it feel like a take the money and run thing to me...

Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    That to me makes the most sense if you are trying to be a preferred status player and pay as little as possible.

You could buy a few things to remove some restrictions (even at preferred status) and still have coins for whatever FP, for a couple weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is probably the most logical thing for most of us to do, get your stuff in order, get your coins, cut it off. But then this is what makes it feel like a take the money and run thing to me...
    Like I said, I feel incredibly morally wrong for supporting their mentality in this...but I did it anyways. If they had not opened the window for the coins, I wouldn't have even thought about it. Sad that all it took was that little concession for me to go against my better judgment.

They knew exactly what they were doing. The coins weren't to reward anyone, it was intially to trick people into resubbing immediately (which I did) and then they changed the wording so that it would 'force' people into giving them one more month of money. It's going to work, which is the shittiest part. You just have to tell yourself it's a video game and shitty companies are always out to steal your money. This just happens to be a more transparent issue since it has human involvement on the internet. I'm sure if we had this level of involvement with a lot of companies like McD's, starbucks, etc...we would be rebelling against the entire capitalist system because it serves to screw us at every turn.

So with that rant I'll say big 'Meh', just tell yourself it's a video game and enjoy a couple of weeks of fun and coins for your $15 if you want. It is perfectly ok to do that and never pay them a dime again. And as the worst thing that can happen is that the game never improves and you don't stay, the best that can happen is they take all our money and actually give us something awesome back. Since we're already as low as you can go, might as well get what you want out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    hrm Do i get to keep my CE fleet pass?

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 05:41 PM ----------

so 5 of my toons are flagged for rename lovely...

[/COLOR]so 5 of my toons are flagged for rename lovely...
    bit late to the party.. i had to do it... twice