customer service?

so im trying to call and get my account back and Ive been on the line for literally 3 hours how long does it usual take to get a person to answer?

Quote Originally Posted by azngamer101 View Post
    so im trying to call and get my account back and Ive been on the line for literally 3 hours how long does it usual take to get a person to answer?
    i was on hold for over an hour last night because i forgot my security questions. it wouldn't surprise me that it could take longer depending on what time you call and how many people they have manning the phones at a given time of day or night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azngamer101 View Post
    Don't know really, I avoid calling them. The first time I called them, I was onhold for 4 hours and of course it sucked my phone dry. And then their help didn't work. (Yes, was stupid and I've learned from that now). And if they answer, it's many times a person whom can't understand half you say. But you can wait long sometimes. Atleast Blizzard offers skype calls and average (atleast for me) takes 5-25 mins.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

this sounds like the kind of support you'd expect from a certain australian internet provider.
    blizz support took me 5 mins to get my account back and all my stuff restored
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

I am convinced that bioware only has 1 person working the phones...he puts you on hold for lunch break and shift change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    I am convinced that bioware only has 1 person working the phones...he puts you on hold for lunch break and shift change.
    I am almost tempted to believe that, if it wasn't for the fact they share manpower with EA.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I have an issue that I would like to get an answer to, but I can't even post in the customer service section in the forums for the official site. Was only able to get 1 post in there today, and that was it. Now it says I'm restricted, or I "don't have the privileges".

The last thing I want to do is to use a phone and call a line that I know is going to take hours to get through.

Deleted
    Yeah, after it took them 5 emails to actualy answer the question I was asking instead of something completely else, and being told I'd need to phone them I just couldn't be arsed and made a new account instead.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when I played ToR and I put in a ticket to have an item restored. It took a little more than three weeks when I finally got a reply and the item in mail. Ofc, at that point, I found something better and burned one of my item restoration requests for the year.

The one phone guy must pull ticket backshift every now and then. :P
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am almost tempted to believe that, if it wasn't for the fact they share manpower with EA.
    I know it's a bit of a cliche to say, but, my honest first hand experience (repeatedly, over multiple games and many years) is that extra manpower from EA.. is not a boon. EA's tech support in every single case I've used it has been an ungodly annoyance at its best, and a complete and utter, irredeemable disaster at its worst.

Deleted
    Furious right now.

Purchased digital deluxe upgrade. Paid with Mastercard issued by a huge bank, four digit amount on the account. Process ended with an error message "Payment method not supported". Oh well, nevermind. Still purchase showed up in account management and I got the ingame items.

Fastforward two days. On logging in, only 1 (yes one) shortcut bar, only 1 crew skill to chose, digital deluxe items gone. Logged out, checked account, ~40 days payment left, spent 30 minutes on hold with customer service before giving up. Logged in again, digital deluxe items back in inventory and *also* in the mail. Problem: shortcuts on all but the first bar gone.

Summary: if this or similar crap ever happens again, bye bye Bioware. Fun game, but EA is in the wrong business if they again completely fail at managing an MMO - like they did before with Warhammer. In ~7 years with Blizzard I needed account support once and the issue was solved in less than two minutes , in ~5 months with EA three times and on third I didn't even get through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    I know it's a bit of a cliche to say, but, my honest first hand experience (repeatedly, over multiple games and many years) is that extra manpower from EA.. is not a boon. EA's tech support in every single case I've used it has been an ungodly annoyance at its best, and a complete and utter, irredeemable disaster at its worst.
    When I was talking to EA customer support I felt like I was chatting to a monkey that they teached some basic english. Had to reopen a ticket/post 5 times till I got someone who actually understood english, that person fixed my problem in less than 2 mins. I was very lucky that I got that person...or unlucky that I had 4 retards before that.

I had always bad experiences with SOE's customer support so I wasn't really surprised with Biowares, however the last time I had an issue (black hole commodation not granted while opening the "thank you" box for transfering my toon) it took them 2-3 days to contact me via life support and solve the issue.