Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Coming back, need info!

Okay, so because Mists of Daily Hell Island (or Pandaria) kinda started to bore me greatly, I decided to quit. But I'm primarily an MMO-player, and thus I've come back to SW:TOR to sate that hunger.

Problem is, I haven't played since right before patch 1.1. Yeah, that is a *LONG* time ago, I know. I just felt that the game was... lacking something back then. But time has passed, and I thought I'd see what the game has to offer now.

So I'm gonna cut to the chase; is there anything I need to know about the game now that is vastly different from before patch 1.1? I know of the family-thingamajig... don't remember what it was called. The thing that gives you more customization options during character creation and stuff. But that's it.

Also, I mainly play Smuggler. As far as I can remember, I was a Gunslinger. Don't know if there's a "dual spec" now, but anyway. Is there anything different about the class as well?
    Any other class is probably not an issue because I either don't have a character with it, or it's such a low level that I'll learn it while leveling anyway. I just need to know if Gunslingers are any differently played now than before.

TL;DR: I need to know what's new and how it works.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Same thing here, except monks being fail at pvp it's what drove me to swtor, in addition to the usual wow boredom.

Not much has changed, in fact almost nothing in the playstyle. People say gunslinger sabs rock at pvp, though, which is why I made one too. Funny thing is gunslingers don't have more dps than commando troopers but sure as hell have way more tools for pvp than commandos which, apparently, are a joke at pvp atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    gl with f2p if thats what your thinking of

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Same thing here, except monks being fail at pvp it's what drove me to swtor, in addition to the usual wow boredom.

Not much has changed, in fact almost nothing in the playstyle. People say gunslinger sabs rock at pvp, though, which is why I made one too. Funny thing is gunslingers don't have more dps than commando troopers but sure as hell have way more tools for pvp than commandos which, apparently, are a joke at pvp atm.
    There have been several changes, however I don't know what effect these had on the Gunslinger class specifically.

If you like to do PvP... I think it's much easier to get into endgame pvp and easier to aquire the gear you need though as we have now war hero equipment you'll need to "grind" again until you are totally viable to a ranked warzone team. Furthermore, augments have been added which means that you can put on each piece of gear of yours an augmentation kit and fill in 1 augment per item for a total of 14 augments which makes a big difference. Aside of that.. not much has changed, you have more operations, more dailies, more customization possibilities.

Sounds good.

And no, not doing F2P, since I won't be paying for WoW and I like to get the full effect of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    gl with f2p if thats what your thinking of
    You know what's funny?

I am probably going to get upgrade my account so much from coins that I am going to be able to pvp as much as I want in swtor for, probably like, 7 dollarsish a month. So I can basically choose to play the game for half price and if there's a week where I don't have time, which happens ALL the time, I won't have to pay for it.

I can justify swtor when I have control over what I spend my money on.

Now all EA has to do is make it so I can buy access to end game and they will have a real f2p model. (ranked WZs and hardmodes / nightmaremodes)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Well done on commign back! its a great game lot of fun, lots of cool stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Okay, so because Mists of Daily Hell Island (or Pandaria) kinda started to bore me greatly, I decided to quit. But I'm primarily an MMO-player, and thus I've come back to SW:TOR...
    Swiftero,

Good afternoon.

I have enjoyed the additions in the last patch especially the new PvE options (FPS/Raid/Etc). Since the last patch a lot of new people have been joining the game adding some new excited players to the community. If you end up playing ToR again & want to play on the PvP server Prophecy of the Five please see our guild info below since we are always looking for more members.

<Mod Snip: Use the guild recruitment thread for......recruitment>

Thank you for your time & have a great day.
    Stonesilent
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-11-08 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You know what's funny?

I am probably going to get upgrade my account so much from coins that I am going to be able to pvp as much as I want in swtor for, probably like, 7 dollarsish a month. So I can basically choose to play the game for half price and if there's a week where I don't have time, which happens ALL the time, I won't have to pay for it.

I can justify swtor when I have control over what I spend my money on.

Now all EA has to do is make it so I can buy access to end game and they will have a real f2p model. (ranked WZs and hardmodes / nightmaremodes)
    Have they actually said that you can't do hardmode or nightmare mode operations? The operation unlock just says it gives you access to operations. The flashpoint one doesn't discriminate between HM and SM either.

Yes I think it was in the Q/A that they did a few weeks ago. You won't be able to do rated pvp or hardmode/nightmare ops unless you have a sub. I'll look for the quote when I get home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been noticing a trend as of late; more threads like this are popping up. Not because WoW/GW2 is terrible or boring per say but I think people are starting to realize that SWTOR isn't as bad as they thought it was. This is encouraging since it seems like people are starting to make up their own minds about the game instead of formulating what the game "should" be like.

Keep these threads coming!!!
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

ok 1.1 added the legacy stuff and the second raid (karagas palace), seance then there has been 2 more raids added (so a total of 4 raids 3 with 3 settings) and a war-zone (novar coast) with another on its way (hypergate). also dont forget that HK is coming with 1.5 (which a lot of people have been wanting bad). Oh and i almost forgot world bosses nightmare pilgrim was good, and there are high hopes on the new guy. Also they added 2 FP's (kaeon under seige, and lost island), so for someone that has missed so much stuff there is a lot in the game for you to do.

as for class changes there have been tweaks to classes just like any other mmo, so you might need to re learn your class a bit. but other than interrupts for classes that didn't have them and a new healing ability for healers, nothing super new on the ability front. You also missed the interface editor which isn't as complex as rift interface but it does the job well in my opinion. Still no add on allowance in the game if that's something that is killer for you as well.

There is no duel spec if that's a killer to you, the LFG system is decent but doesn't do cross servers so it can be slow sometimes. The raids have gotten a lot more complex seance EV (if raiding is your thing) including the incoming nightmare mode EC in the 1.5 patch. The legacy system helps you lvl alts a lot faster with some investment.

gear can be super expensive to do considering that to be BIS you gotta take mods from other pieces of gear which can get super expensive (the cost is supposed to be dropping some with 1.5)

but to me (someone that has played seance day 1) the game is in a good place with difficulty for raids and the on look of ranked PvP season starting up officially soon.
    so to me its more psitive than negative, but some would probably disagree depending who you ask.
    Last edited by wownerd; 2012-11-10 at 03:46 AM.

Deleted
    I just came back after half a year of break aswell. Nothing has drastically changed, just an extra bg , some more gear to get, new dailies.

The game feels the same , like some bugs from 1.1 are still there ( lightsaber sticking out when they shouldnt etc), new fp's are neat and the looking for group tool also made it less painfull. Server population also much better than 1.1

I just had the urge to play and I didnt regret doing so. Helpfull community

Since I still had an unused GTC I decided to use it now and get the bonus coins (Yeah, I know I could have waited with that till Dec. 20th). Now last I played was before the server mergers and upon login all I found all my characters on one server. Not surprisingly some of my characters will now need a rename, no problem there, except:

The server I'm now on was the home server for most of my characters and some of those name changes that are now required of me are for characters native to the server. So I begin to wonder, how did they decide who has to change their name ? I would have thought those that got transfered had to change, but obviously that is not true. Any insight on this ?

Deleted
    Just cancelled it again. I thought it would be better this time but I ran into the same issues: too many keybinds, no macros, no dual spec even within the same AC, bugs upon bugs on top of bugs everywhere, boring questing (specifically the parts where you need to kill the same boring mobs over and over).

Deleted
    Just cancelled it again. I thought it would be better this time but I ran into the same issues: too many keybinds, no macros, no dual spec even within the same AC, bugs upon bugs on top of bugs everywhere, boring questing (specifically the parts where you need to kill the same boring mobs over and over).
    I'm somewhat pondering myself to coming back to Tor but it still pains me too much to give any money to the people who plain out lied and mislead their customerbase over and over again. Not to mention the empty promises, incompetence and lack of (real) communication. Think I'll see how the f2p goes for few months before any comeback.

Can somebody tell me if there is/will be option for solo queued rated wz ? Some alternative to LOL would be nice.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Can somebody tell me if there is/will be option for solo queued rated wz ? Some alternative to LOL would be nice.
    There was on the ptr for 1.2 about 8 months ago. But I haven't heard anything about it since. I don't think we will see it again.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    That would be ridiculous. Rateds (both in wow and swtor) are supposed to be about performance, which is why you get the better gear from them. If they allow solo queuing then rates will be just as filled with bots, retards and afk-ers as the non rated ones.

That would be ridiculous. Rateds (both in wow and swtor) are supposed to be about performance, which is why you get the better gear from them. If they allow solo queuing then rates will be just as filled with bots, retards and afk-ers as the non rated ones.
    How can retard, afker or bot reach higher rating ? And who gives a damn about gear or honor really. Farming gear is pve feature. No matter, I will keep an eye on TOR. Maybe in the future BW or some other developer will identify why games like LoL are popular. It sure is not because of gear grind or necessity for premades.

@hk-51 Thx for the info.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.