Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post
    Isn't that the place with the evil stuff happening underground, which we will find out later about? (a while ago someone asked blizz if it was an old god, and it isn't an old god. I'll see if I can find a source)

edit:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Ask_Creative_Development#Round_3

of the old gods:

Q: Is there truly an Old God underneath the Tirisfal Glade?
    A: Nope! There’s something incredibly unsettling there, but it’s not an Old God. It isn’t recommended to go digging through the Glades, though.
    Who knows what could've happened with Tyr's remains.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    I mean true, but at the time, he was unique. Plus, he could have also been a prototype? Has anyone else noticed that they alternate between having an old god boss in a raid and not? We had Cthun in classic, none in BC, Yogg in wrath, and none in cata.
    Description of Zon'ozz says that he fought against other old gods. Thats before Titans even arived.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Who knows what could've happened with Tyr's remains.
    Provided that he's dead.

Deleted
    I know full well I'm reading too much into it, and you're taking what I'm saying WAY to seriously. It's 7AM and I've been up all night. I am in NO state to be making rational, serious discoveries of hidden messages in lore :P
    So wait, you were joking then? Or is this just your way of backing out of your theory?

i remember reading something about the different directions that wrath could have gone in and one of them explained tyr, loken and ulduar. i cannot remember the specifics but from what i can remember it was something like this.
    azjol nerub was planned to be an entire zone, not just a 5 man. this is to account for the extensive background design inside old kingdom and azjol nerub, both of which are 5 man dungeons, however incredibly detailed.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Azjol-Nerub scroll to the near bottom "Azjol-Nerub was going to be World of Warcraft's first subterranean zone.". azjol was so intriguing that an entire fan made expansion concept is being thrown together. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ansion-concept. this guy did an amazing job with this and its worth a read.
    now back to my original point.
    azjol was planned to be a zone, so it can be safe to assume that it would have had a raid, let alone possibly its own tier. i hope im not the only one who found the tier flow a little odd in wrath. destroying naxx/destroying the black dragon roost/killing malygos<yogg saron<trial of the casuals<icc<that raid that nobody ever did.
    wouldnt the more logical path be TOC (tirion wants to test us to take the war to the scourge)<naxxramas/azjol nerub<ICC<ulduar<sarth/maly/RS.
    we all know that blizzard designs the actual world in wow in stages and things change while they are modeling it. tyr was most likely supposed to be part of the ulduar scene, as you say, but the idea was scrapped obviously, and a huge plot hole is left in its stead. tyr was supposed to be part of the loken/thorim story, but possibly blizzard decided to use loken (loki) instead of tyr as the brother of thorim (thor). so tyr is still out there, unaccounted for. the watchers of ulduar returned to their posts im assuming after we took care of yogg saron, but tyr is still nowhere to be found.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean true, but at the time, he was unique. Plus, he could have also been a prototype? Has anyone else noticed that they alternate between having an old god boss in a raid and not? We had Cthun in classic, none in BC, Yogg in wrath, and none in cata.

Yeah that streak is something to extrapolate for reliable prognoses....

Týr is not only a god of "Law", he is also god of the Sky.
    Also some older traditions put him as the head of the pantheon even above Odin himself. That could mean something in WoW too.

Let's just see if WoW's Tyr will still fight his Garm and die.

Also, Tyr's father is a famous... "beer maker". :P Quite fitting with Pandaria.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Yeah that streak is something to extrapolate for reliable prognoses....
    I wasn't saying it was. Just pointing out an interesting trend I noticed.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    So wait, you were joking then? Or is this just your way of backing out of your theory?
    Partially joking, partially being half asleep and not thinking rationally

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Description of Zon'ozz says that he fought against other old gods. Thats before Titans even arived.
    Lorewise, yes, but Obviously, we FOUGHT Vezax first. He was the first one in game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 07:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    DS was technically an old god raid, we just never actually fought the old god directly (pretty much like the other old god raids) we just fought their vessel that this time happened to be deathwing.
    Kind of? But we didn't actually fight any Old Gods, and I'd argue that it wasn't even an Old God raid, it's a Deathwing raid.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Lorewise, yes, but Obviously, we FOUGHT Vezax first. He was the first one in game.
    Since when does order of things we encounter dictate lore? You said that Tyr may have been prototype faceless, which I proved to be false as such strain already existed and its not mutated titan construct because titans didnt visit Azeroth back then.

Vezax is a faceless general. They're not unique, they're just rare, and just because the one we fought in Ulduar was the only one in Ulduar doesn't mean he was the only one in existence. Deathwing as well, by the time we put him down in the Maelstrom he was basically an avatar of N'zoth. He had stopped being an actual dragon a very long time previous, and was at that point an eldritch abomination, an Old God servant on a scale akin to the one at the Master's Glaive. The only thing that kept him looking vaguely like a dragon was the armor plating. Whatever remained of Neltharion the Earthwarder in there was not salvageable.

Honestly, Tyr being missing is just a lore stub that Blizzard can use to eventually branch out into new content. Tyr might wind up being a faction leader in an Argus expedition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Since when does order of things we encounter dictate lore? You said that Tyr may have been prototype faceless, which I proved to be false as such strain already existed and its not mutated titan construct because titans didnt visit Azeroth back then.
    Didn't I already acknowledge that this is unlikely, if not impossible? Also, that I am sleep deprived.

Just throwing it out there...
    Wasn't Sargeras a Titan...?

If all the titans (minus Loken and Tyr) were present in Ulduar, and we kind of know what happened to Loken, then where was Sargeras?
    Did Tyr 'fall' to darkness to become Sargeras? Is Sargeras possibly buried underneath Tirisfal?

We'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post

If all the titans (minus Loken and Tyr) were present in Ulduar, and we kind of know what happened to Loken, then where was Sargeras?
    Did Tyr 'fall' to darkness to become Sargeras? Is Sargeras possibly buried underneath Tirisfal?

We'll never know.
    The Watchers of Ulduar aren't Titans, though, so Tyr probably isn't aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    The Watchers of Ulduar aren't Titans, though, so Tyr probably isn't aswell.
    Shhh... You're ruining my tinfoil hat moment!

We'll never know.
    the people in Ulduar were not titans nor are Loken or Tyr they were keepers, big difference. Sargeras is a fallen titan, none of the titans have actually shown up in WoW yet

Tyr's hand used to be the place to be great gold farming, some pvp.

We'll never know.
    There was not a single titan in Ulduar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There was not a single titan in Ulduar.
    Currently.

Popular spectulation was that this new minion was in fact the corrupted and perverted Tyr himself, spectulation that blizzard quashed by saying that Tyr was not in Ulduar when Yogg-Saron was defeated. Or did they?
    Let's look at their exact wording. They said that "Tyr was not in Ulduar when Yogg-Saron was defeated."

And where was Vezax when Yogg-Saron was defeated? Lying face down on the floor of his room. He WASN'T in ulduar. BECAUSE HE WAS DEAD :P
    Semantics =/= an epiphany. Dead or alive, Vezax was inside Ulduar when Yogg-Saron was defeated. Blizz said Vezax wasn't Tyr, there's no proof of a Titan ever becoming a faceless one, lesser or otherwise, and it also was stated Tyr was obsessed with knowledge and lore and likely wandered off on a personal quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    If you have no idea what your are talking about why start a thread even?
    Exactly this, and then further defend your little idea when someone debunks it.