Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Forget about chaos bolt, calling demo nerfs soon.

Wow.
    the qq is so not on the right horse, just watched Beck's stream with reckful, and damn i have no idea how this goes off the rader.
    (gotta say this isnt a qq, im a warlock myself and id love for this to stay )

Im calling massive qq for demo after 5.1 when the chaos bolt effect will fade, and people will open their eyes to the true op spec.
    talking here about 180k~235k chaos waves crits, not to mention it comes 2x ( so 300k~470k if double crit), not to mention its instant, and AOE, simply nothing hard counters demo.

again aint a qq, just saying im excpecting serious nerfs, hoping they wont overkill the spec.
    sry for bad english.

Yeh! warlock has 1 good pvp spec, but fuck logic lets call for nerfs we arent used to have the good toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Yeh! warlock has 1 good pvp spec, but fuck logic lets call for nerfs we arent used to have the good toys.
    Things that are better than a simple 200k chaos wave.

Combustion on three targets (a good combustion can be to upwards of 400k). Living Bomb and ignite also on three targets.

400k Arcane Blast crits, 200k spreading to six targets.

Frost Bomb exploding for 150k, hitting each target for that much as well as cleaving Ice Lances at 40% power, no cool down, just a glyph.

Howling Blast on CD with rolling diseases on each target.

Raging Blow cleaving with Whirlwind through out the fight.

-----

Demo has powerful AoE for sure, but its not simple and its not just a Chaos Wave. A 200k crit is nothing when every other class can do something similar, don't call for nerfs unless we actually NEED one and atm, we don't. We're perfectly fine where we are.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    A 200k crit is nothing when every other class can do something similar
    As a Rogue, lol
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    As a Rogue, lol
    Okay, I'll give you that. :P

But don't pretend like you can't do good cleaving damage too. I've seen WoL, some rogues are doing incredible AoE damage.

The point is that Demo locks are fine, all locks are fine. We're not OP we're not breaking meters consistently.

Well getting 2x chaos wave criticals while cds are up is not something you will do all day.Its even rare to get 1x crit.Have you watched reckfull for example?First arena when he got his tier 2 weapon,one shotting a shaman.Buts warrior is intended to wreck others right?I guess no mage/hunter/dk/druid/priest/retri can wreck you if he gets lucky crits on burst...its just the warlock right

EDIT: I guess lock is so op and you only need to headbutt the keyboard to get rating so they are dominating top tier arenas on 5%

My english isnt that good, i though "calling" ment im saying wer gonna nerf in the future.
    by no means am i asking for nerfs ( that would be dumb o.o)

But everyone who says wer fine, just wait and see all the qq in a few weeks...
    hitting 200k even once on a full resil pvp arena and on aoe instant skill is not ok, other op classes who does it doesnt justified it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    Combustion on three targets (a good combustion can be to upwards of 400k). Living Bomb and ignite also on three targets.
    Sorry but I have to come in defense of my poor fire mage.

- Combustion is dispellable
    - Combustion is a dot
    - Combustion is a CD (45sec normal, 90sec glyphed for double damage)
    - A good combustion takes time to set-up. You don't just blow all trinkets and spam a spell.
    - Spreading combustion is an art, you just don't go "lolz got my insta pyro, I must combust and do spreadz FTW"

Insta damage >>>>> DoT damage. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster View Post
    Sorry but I have to come in defense of my poor fire mage.

- Combustion is dispellable
    - Combustion is a dot
    - Combustion is a CD (45sec normal, 90sec glyphed for double damage)
    - A good combustion takes time to set-up. You don't just blow all trinkets and spam a spell.
    - Spreading combustion is an art, you just don't go "lolz got my insta pyro, I must combust and do spreadz FTW"

Insta damage >>>>> DoT damage. Sorry.
    Dark soul is a 2 min cd like pvp trinket ( only way to get these numbers) and is dispellable or can be spellstealed
    2x chaos wave take roughly 240 demonic fury which takes a while to build up (since you need up to 400 for decent burst) average would be 40 sec for this
    Last edited by pitakos; 2012-11-08 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    Dark soul is a 2 min cd like pvp trinket ( only way to get these numbers) and is dispellable or can be spellstealed
    2x chaos wave take roughly 240 demonic fury which takes a while to build up (since you need up to 400 for decent burst) average would be 40 sec for this

so 45 sec>2min sorry
    This. Dark soul gives us 18,000 mastery. Or 100% additional damage or so in meta. If you honestly don't purge or spell steal that ability from us (as a mage... you know... you can DO THAT) then that's completely your fault.

Pvp is a system of ups and downs. If you let a character go UP then expect to go DOWN, and vice versa. Letting someone have a 18,000 mastery buff without dispelling is bad play style. Letting you keep your combustion on me is bad play style.

But considering you can time your combustions in between dispels but there is nothing I can do against a purge, I think you have the upper hand. (especially if the second you get it up you impact it to two others, only a priest would be able to get rid of the other two assuming he used the dispel on him/herself)

Patch 5.1 dark soul is no longer dispellable (or this change was removed with xelanth).

anyways I'll pray for no nerfs in the future, but im extremly not optimstic cuz ya know, we are warlocks. (lol new expansion with no nerf bats? jk -15% over all dmg remind you anything?)

It's funny cause you're both wrong (@ Dungeonmaster and Pitakos)

Yes, you can just pop CDs and create a huge Combust within the first shatter/deep.
    Spreading Combustion isn't an art or a science unless un-squinting your eyes away from the spellbar to see if a few have bunched up before a Inferno Blast is some kind of Super Power nowadays.

And absolutely no, 2min > 45/90sec, there's a reason the cooldown is larger to begin with.

One requires building up from direct damage, it is forseeable (when someone is frozen means bad things are in order) thus can be negated with a dispell after it happens.

One requires building up from damage, nothing to dispell as it is direct damage, and while the 2min CD can be dispelled in short order, all you need is to launch the two waves of random, unforseeable damage, which means it doesn't matter if it dispelled afterwards your job is done and someone is likely dead.
    ^
    I'd know about this as I play a Paladin and once upon a time this was Avenging Wrath + Hammer of Wrath.
    2 shots, dead, wings dispelled.

It's largely more troublesome than a heavy DoT, and god I hate mages so it ain't biased.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2012-11-08 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    It's funny cause you're both wrong (@ Dungeonmaster and Pitakos)

Yes, you can just pop CDs and create a huge Combust within the first shatter/deep.
    Spreading Combustion isn't an art or a science unless un-squinting your eyes away from the spellbar to see if a few have bunched up before a Inferno Blast is some kind of Super Power nowadays.

Really i guess you dont have anything to say so you just say random stuffs.

And absolutely no, 2min > 45/90sec, there's a reason the cooldown is larger to begin with.

One requires building up from direct damage, it is forseeable (when someone is frozen means bad things are in order) thus can be negated with a dispell after it happens.

One requires building up from damage, nothing to dispell as it is direct damage, and while the 2min CD can be dispelled in short order, all you need is to launch the two waves of random, unforseeable damage, which means it doesn't matter if it dispelled afterwards your job is done and someone is likely dead.
    ^
    I'd know about this as I play a Paladin and once upon a time this was Avenging Wrath + Hammer of Wrath.
    2 shots, dead, wings dispelled.

It's largely more troublesome than a heavy DoT, and god I hate mages so it ain't biased.
    Since someone can expect to get nuked on deep freeze and its easy to notice , its easy to get an addon if you are not skilled enough to track the enemies buffs and when he does, you use cc/defensive cds/los anything you like.Direct damage maybe be undispellabe but it can be negated/prevented or name it how you prefer.2 mins cd means that you can safely for example stay in your icecube if not fast enough to cc/spellsteal.And unlike a fire mage below this 2 min window you are NOT A threat to anything.So the only threat you opose in a fight is these very 2 chaos waves and only if you get a lucky crit.

Also mind that if you are against a good mage and not a random headbutt keyboard one,spellstealing your dark soul means that he will turn anything up for his team.This is why spellsteal gets mana nerf and this is why it is still op EVEN MORE against warlock.In short,communicate with team,be smart enough to wait for lock to use cds,minor cc him,spellsteal him and boom he is useless for 4 mins(before using the ds and waiting for next cd) and you have a free 18,000 mastery buff to oneshot anything you like

A qustion since im not playing atm, does meta still snap shots your current mastery and keeps it for the duration? if so your entire case has fallen.
    assuming not, dark soul is going to be undispellble.

thing is, stop justifing being op by the fact that other classes are.
    mages have been op for the last 7 years, so that means we should get 100000k shield and 1 shot abillities?

every class for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemasisx View Post
    A qustion since im not playing atm, does meta still snap shots your current mastery and keeps it for the duration? if so your entire case has fallen.
    assuming not, dark soul is going to be undispellble.

thing is, stop justifing being op by the fact that other classes are.
    mages have been op for the last 7 years, so that means we should get 100000k shield and 1 shot abillities?

every class for itself.
    No its doesnt snapshot anymore . And noone is justifing locks are op,it would be stupid.Warriors hunters mages or paladins might be,locks are not.Just like is stupid saying one class is op without having any idea of their mechanics or not doing any research to fight them.Ofcourse you will be roflstomped by someone you has actual understanding of his class while you dont have idea what to expect from him
    Last edited by pitakos; 2012-11-08 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My english isnt that good, i though "calling" ment im saying wer gonna nerf in the future.
    by no means am i asking for nerfs ( that would be dumb o.o)

But everyone who says wer fine, just wait and see all the qq in a few weeks...
    hitting 200k even once on a full resil pvp arena and on aoe instant skill is not ok, other op classes who does it doesnt justified it for us.
    It's the same for PvP as it is for PvE, players wanting to compare themselves to the top (despite not being there, perhaps even as far from it as possible), and so things must be / should be nerfed

First of all im a warlock and i fully understand the class ( aside small things since i havent playd lately).
    Second if you think it's just some mindless qq cuz i got one shotted or somthing - no, infact id wish they keep it like this.

and finally, the numbers and facts im bringing up are from top arena 3v3 (2300 rating + ) which even the top players have commented on the topic, while the demo lock one shotted things in cd's ( and even his team mates said its op).
    point is it's not just op at BG'S and on scrubs arena, i dont care if some 1300 rating guy got one shotted by felflame, but if you manage to one shot rank 1~10 team with mindless bashing on cd, somthing is wrong.

First of all im a warlock and i fully understand the class ( aside small things since i havent playd lately).
    Second if you think it's just some mindless qq cuz i got one shotted or somthing - no, infact id wish they keep it like this.

and finally, the numbers and facts im bringing up are from top arena 3v3 (2300 rating + ) which even the top players have commented on the topic, while the demo lock one shotted things in cd's ( and even his team mates said its op).
    point is it's not just op at BG'S and on scrubs arena, i dont care if some 1300 rating guy got one shotted by felflame, but if you manage to one shot rank 1~10 team with mindless bashing on cd, somthing is wrong.
    Well i personally have seen via stream top players (warriors mainly and hunters mages,even paladin) one shotting ppl.But i guess this is intended right?

Did you read the thread at all? Or just make a thread, let people reply, assume things were said, and then reply?

while the demo lock one shotted things in cd's ( and even his team mates said its op).
    Uh, are you saying Chaos Wave one shots people through their defensive cooldowns? Chaos Wave crits for what, 100k with Dark Soul, trinket and tier 2 weapons? With defensive cooldowns, it wouldn't even come close to one shotting. Hell, you can pop defensive cooldowns after the Warlock casts the Chaos Waves with how slow they travel.