Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    I'd love to attempt them. But I don't feel like spending gold over and over for that.

    I'd keep trying to get gold if they did:

    Add a NPC at the entrance that gives you free potions, flask, elixir and all these stuffs. So you don't feel afraid of using a potion in a wipe (to try to avoid the wipe). Make all these things (and their buffs) disappear once you zone out (so it can't be abused).

    Add a npc that gives you free gear (or make your gear automatically change to it) and a reforger/gem vendor (for free) so if you are hit capped for raid bosses you won't have "extra hit".

    Do it all and I'll do challange modes over and over and over.
    Blues said gear taking damage in challenge mode dungeons is disabled. If you are spending repairs for challenge modes, you're doing it wrong.

  2. #122
    No, they are not.
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

  3. #123
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    If it was LFG style there would be more interest. Just LFG causes too much grief too many times (if somehow we could have LFG without the griefers...). Any activity at this stage that requires making your own group interest falls flat (RBGs are a good example of this).

    I know I would love doing them...if I could get a team together (good luck finding one on Shandris that can attempt it for even bronze. They like to goof off too much).
    LFG Challenge modes. Oh boy I dont wanna imagine that.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  4. #124
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    LFG Challenge modes. Oh boy I dont wanna imagine that.
    Why? I did my share...
    http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a...311_184250.jpg
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if challenge modes are a fail. People like to cry about wanting hard content more then they actually WANT hard content. I bet you the majority of the people who cried about heroics being too easy in WOTLK or currently in MOP don't even do challenge modes.
    Challenge modes aren't "hard content". Challenge modes are the same thing as going through BT naked or something. There is no reward that helps further your character. People who want hard content want the CURRENT RAIDS to be hard.

    The irony is that everyone is complaining about Heroic HoF.

  6. #126
    need more incentive to do them, also there is nothing skilled about aoe'ing down trash or using invisibility pots to skip stuff.

  7. #127
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,818
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    well blizzard say alot of things won't get nerfed

    eventually they do

    like cata dungeons
    The difference is the reasoning behind nerfing them. Heroics are meant to be done by the entire player base, challenge modes are not. Nerfing challenge modes with just be boggling and something I can't fathom.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 10:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    need more incentive to do them, also there is nothing skilled about aoe'ing down trash or using invisibility pots to skip stuff.
    You can't skip trash, due to the requirements of the challenge modes, might want to actually do them before calling them out.

    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

  8. #128
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Challenge modes aren't "hard content". Challenge modes are the same thing as going through BT naked or something. There is no reward that helps further your character. People who want hard content want the CURRENT RAIDS to be hard.

    The irony is that everyone is complaining about Heroic HoF.
    Why should it be only about gear?

    When I go in and solo the Molten Core Rag, I'm sure not doing it because he has gear I need anymore.

    You do it because it's different and fun and is a challenge.

    Not everything needs to be rewarded gear. I personally would prefer more titles than gear anyway (too bad WoW doesn't have prefix and suffix titles).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  9. #129
    Give it more time to tell for when players have time to do this truly "optional" end game content as a number of players who would be interested in challenging content are busy with doing "optional" content that progresses their character. It is silly that the developers twist their own words and then act like they mean the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    [/COLOR]

    You can't skip trash, due to the requirements of the challenge modes, might want to actually do them before calling them out.

    You can skip some, there is a minimum requirement of trash to kill. I find it odd that players can use invisibility potions as part of their "strat." Sure it rewards more creative thinking, just not something you would think of with Blizzards philosophy of not encouraging the use of old world consumables in challenging content, apparently it doesnt apply to "optional" content.

    Admittedly there is still skill and coordination required, though no healer groups not only being viable yet among the best composition groups to get gold with also feels odd in content that one cannot out gear. It will take more time to see how viable other comps are as more players make attempts and try other comps instead of the cookie cutter ones.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2012-11-08 at 10:39 PM.

  10. #130
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Dear lord I'd love to get in your LFR runs, I would KILL to only spend an hour in those hellish things a week. .
    really? The first two are faceroll, though running a sweepstake on how many people fall on elegon each week is fun.

    As for the new one, the first two bosses are just nukefests, and garalon is easily killable if you assign 2 ranged to kite and remind people to stay out of the purple circle.

    A bit of communication before fights and its really easy.

    I quite like LFR, and I think garalon is the best LFR boss so far, a fight thats not a nukefest where tactics matter, and a little communicaiton makes it a smooth kill.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 10:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    LFG Challenge modes. Oh boy I dont wanna imagine that.

    why not?

    In terms of difficulty they dont appear any harder than Rifts expert dungeons at lanch, which were much much harder than any WoW has ever had, and required tactics to defeat bosses....and people quickly adapted.

    The worst decision in wow was when Bliz decided to treat its players like idiots.

  11. #131
    I think it's still too early in the expansion to expect a lot of people to have completed (or even attempted) challenge modes. These challenge modes are intended to be a challenge for the entire expansion. So as people start clearing more and more content, they may start getting into challenge modes a bit more. However, right now, people are still tyring to grasp how much there is to do with MoP. The sheer amount of content is staggering relative to any previous expansion.

    My guess - challenge modes will be used more toward the end of the expansion when there is more "dead time". Right now, people are generally too busy to do challenge modes.

  12. #132
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,377
    i never understood why people always wanted to clear something really really fast. obviously people like to, but to me personally i enjoy relaxing and taking my time in dungeons/raids.

    i sure as heck dont want to be rushed while doing something thats challenging so getting a gold from challenge mode dungeons isnt something that would interest me. i remember doing 45 mins baron runs in strat in order to get the tier .5 upgrades. that was challenging for our guild as a group because we were mainly in pvp gear. we did it in under 45 mins because it was required for a quest but if we werent doing the 45 min run we took our time and enjoyed the experience.

    different strokes for different folks, if i decide to pick the game up later on in the expansion i wouldnt mind checking challenge modes out, but not for the reason of trying to get a gold medal. id be doing it just to experience the challenge

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    So what I get from this thread is, not a lot of people are running challenge modes, but the ones who do run them or attempt to run them are enjoying the experience.

    Sounds like a win in my book.

    Honestly, what would a fail look like, what does a win look like?

    "Fail", to me, would be that anyone with a full set of dungeon blues could roflstomp to gold at this point. That's clearly not the case.

    Some realms have multiple people who have already gone 9/9 gold. Many realms still don't have a single gold or even silver time. Is that a fail or a win?
    A win is people attempting them. They are not because there is little to gain from it.

    Also, a lot of the people who went 9/9 did it like the 2nd week. Saying dungeon blues just shows you have no clue what CMs are about.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 11:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Why should it be only about gear?

    When I go in and solo the Molten Core Rag, I'm sure not doing it because he has gear I need anymore.

    You do it because it's different and fun and is a challenge.

    Not everything needs to be rewarded gear. I personally would prefer more titles than gear anyway (too bad WoW doesn't have prefix and suffix titles).
    Solo'ing Molten Core Rag is not a challenge. It's content 3 expansions below you. Just about anyone can do that. You do it because it's at your skill level apparently and the thing to do and it makes you feel good for some reason to come into a thread like this and compare solo'ing MC Rag to Challenge Modes.

    Challenge modes are supposed to be current content. Not saying just this patch at least, however they never said whether the newer 5 mans that come out later will be included or if there will be more 5 mans this expansion. Nobody is going to waste their time right now with challenge modes or continue to do them if they offer the essentially same gear reward for more effort and skill. Going into MC solo doesn't take more skill than doing current raids with a full group, but challenge modes do.

  14. #134
    My initial inclination is to say NO, on the basis that I haven't tried them yet. But then I got to thinking, if these challenge modes were actually fun and interesting, what are the chances that I'd have gone over a month without even checking them out? So I need to change my vote to a solid YES, challenge modes have failed. They could be the best content ever conceived, but with no compelling reason to do them, they might as well not exist. Poorly executed content = fail.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Admittedly there is still skill and coordination required, though no healer groups not only being viable yet among the best composition groups to get gold with also feels odd in content that one cannot out gear. It will take more time to see how viable other comps are as more players make attempts and try other comps instead of the cookie cutter ones.
    Between the amount of self healing on certain tanks and the obscene amount of healing hybrids can put out in clutch situations it's not surprising that runs without a healer are the premier option on a lot of the c-modes.

  16. #136
    I've yet to try out challenge modes myself, the only MoP feature I haven't tried out yet, but sadly nobody is interested in running it with me

  17. #137
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    Between the amount of self healing on certain tanks and the obscene amount of healing hybrids can put out in clutch situations it's not surprising that runs without a healer are the premier option on a lot of the c-modes.
    -_-

    ...Figures...

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 06:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Solo'ing Molten Core Rag is not a challenge. It's content 3 expansions below you. Just about anyone can do that.
    Really? I love big talkers when they're totally wrong.

    How many Holy paladins you knew even killed Rag solo in WotLK? Last write up I saw on Wowhead of it during WotLK (you know 2 expansions away, not three) it took the guy 45minutes to down him, and that's with everything (resist items too). Max DPS we had in those days was around 600.

    So, just stop that trash already.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    My initial inclination is to say NO, on the basis that I haven't tried them yet. But then I got to thinking, if these challenge modes were actually fun and interesting, what are the chances that I'd have gone over a month without even checking them out? So I need to change my vote to a solid YES, challenge modes have failed. They could be the best content ever conceived, but with no compelling reason to do them, they might as well not exist. Poorly executed content = fail.
    You didn't try them, so you know they aren't fun and interesting? Just so's we're clear on this.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    You didn't try them, so you know they aren't fun and interesting? Just so's we're clear on this.
    Crystal clear. The fact that there's zero hype, nobody talks about them, nobody runs them... those kinds of things tell me they're not fun or interesting. If anybody out there was having fun doing them and gave the experience a positive review, I may have been interested in checking it out. But that simply isn't the case. Its like when people tell you not to stick your hand in a fire, you don't actually have to experience the burning to realize its not something you should do.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Blues said gear taking damage in challenge mode dungeons is disabled. If you are spending repairs for challenge modes, you're doing it wrong.
    But but...I didn't say anything about repair or my gear taking damage....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •