Thread: Shadow HOTFIX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I guess GC is confused then because he said that today.
    GC is confused about priests period. He simply does not understand the class, what it needs, or where it's going.

Mind sear has buffed THREE times since beta, and it's STILL NOT good enough.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2012-11-10 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    GC is confused about priests period. He simply does not understand the class, what it needs, or where it's going.

Mind sear has buffed THREE times since beta, and it's STILL NOT good enough.
    Yeah really silly, I've only been playing since WOTLK but since then mind sear has been nerfed and buffed every other patch.

Imo if they deem mind sear "not fun" and that we need to multidot more, all they need to do is add an effect on VT or SWP (or both) that says "increases mind sear damage by x"
    Easy fix that makes us multidot and allows us to aoe.

or if they want to keep the whack-a-mole rotation going they can add in a talent (or passive) that says when VT/SWP(both) deal damage gives x% chance of procing a mindsear that is insta cast with all the damage of a fully channeled mind sear (which in turn would make mastery be worth a damn now)

Many other ways they could go about it rather than nerfing and buffing all the time

Indeed there are many ways to fix this, altho i dont think another procc is the solution. I already feel like a shadow mage as it is..
    What they could do in my oppinion is lower the dmg slightly again, and make it soo that the last tic of the MS spread the dotts you have on youre main target.
    That way we upp the value of mastery, we get more aoe, and dotts feel better. After all we are dot class, yet arent we the only class that cant spread our dotts? (i know Locks and dk's can do it, not so sure about boomkins..:/)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arleni1988 View Post
    Indeed there are many ways to fix this, altho i dont think another procc is the solution. I already feel like a shadow mage as it is..
    What they could do in my oppinion is lower the dmg slightly again, and make it soo that the last tic of the MS spread the dotts you have on youre main target.
    That way we upp the value of mastery, we get more aoe, and dotts feel better. After all we are dot class, yet arent we the only class that cant spread our dotts? (i know Locks and dk's can do it, not so sure about boomkins..:/)
    I agree that a dot spread mechanic is a great way to improve our aoe dps but, blizzard's reason behind nerfing it (this time :P) was that mind searing is not fun and we should multdot more and they would probably think mindsear that spreads dots is bad also but IDK maybe not

you could also change it and make mindsear apply a dot when the channel is finished to all targets, which in turn will make mastery go up and make us want to keep up all of our dots (including mind sear).
    Or if you want to change the dot spread around even more, make it where mindsear will apply a dot to all targets with VT and SWP

As a normal dot spread would not really increase our will to multidot but if they add onto it then it will

Btw, when where on the topic of 'Shadow Hotfix' a single target one would also be much appreciated.
    After all, the only bosses where we have a chance at dps madness is multi dott fights, and even there affliction locks knocks uss down..:/
    Been seeing it in my raids, and it's becomming apparant more and more. Our scaling is simply not up to parr atm compared to other classes.

And no, i'm not bitching about it becouse i'm a bad shadow priest that just wants buffs. I'm just hoping it will be a bit more lvl'd out in the future, for refferance, i'm Deathpriest from Kazzak.

And refferance to the single target dps problem.
    noxxic. com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum-dps (just remove the space in front of .com)

And since our main problem with single target dps atm is spell and stats scaling, this problem will only get worse with time if it's not mended.