Best Garalon Strategy?

So after 87 attempts we finally got blade lord ta'yak down last night and now made it to Garalon. Our 2nd attempt on Garalon we made it to 23 percent.

Raid comp:
    Prot Pally Dpriest Lock Rogue (for cleave) Balance druid
    Guard Druid Rshammy x 2 Hunter Mage

We though we were doing pretty good. Our lock picks it up first and then passes it to one of our healers at 20 stacks and we rotate the phermone stacks around the room. We start off nuking 3-4 legs from the start of the fight to improve kiting. After that we keep only our hunter and rogue on the legs while everyone else is on the boss.

Our best attempt last night we got him to 23 percent when the enrage hit and we were running out of room on the puddles.

Our dps is relatively high (although I had trouble uploading the logs). What is a better way to get this down? I figured our strategy was very smooth and we were passing the phermone stack really well and using raid CDs properly.

Our strat tonight is using 3 healers and rotating the phermone stacks between them throughout the entire fight so we can concentrate more on dps.

Thank you,

X

Deleted
    we used 3 healers ( that kited) and tanks aswell 2 kite. coz we had problems with the enrage, but i worked for us coz then we had full dps on on boss/legs. =)

Try to include tanks into the rotation. Be carefull with healers, if you get them to move, you mave have trouble on crushes healing.

Use "cleave" melee classes, if you can afford them, you really could use and extra melee here, ideally a warrior, range dps are really weak here. Ask your mage to go fire and spread dot. Ask your hunter if he can dps the legs all the time (so going into melee range).

Good luck!

Deleted
    We used 3 Healers as well starting of Kiting with me as a Disci-Priest, we had 1 monk tank and a Warrior in Arms-spec to soak off the Front-Swipe. Resto druid and Heal pala aswell as an elemental shaman and shadowpriest did the rest of the kiting. Its a good idea to start off with a healer to kill the first leg very fast. I would recomend not focusing the body of Garalon at all unless there are no legs up. Managed to kill him this way pretty easy. (on normal difficulty 10m Raid)

U can pm me for a log, i'm not allowed to post links (its my first post^^)
    Last edited by mmocb8e437439a; 2012-11-08 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtze View Post
    So after 87 attempts we finally got blade lord ta'yak down last night and now made it to Garalon. Our 2nd attempt on Garalon we made it to 23 percent.

Raid comp:
    Prot Pally Dpriest Lock Rogue (for cleave) Balance druid
    Guard Druid Rshammy x 2 Hunter Mage

We though we were doing pretty good. Our lock picks it up first and then passes it to one of our healers at 20 stacks and we rotate the phermone stacks around the room. We start off nuking 3-4 legs from the start of the fight to improve kiting. After that we keep only our hunter and rogue on the legs while everyone else is on the boss.

Our best attempt last night we got him to 23 percent when the enrage hit and we were running out of room on the puddles.

Our dps is relatively high (although I had trouble uploading the logs). What is a better way to get this down? I figured our strategy was very smooth and we were passing the phermone stack really well and using raid CDs properly.

Our strat tonight is using 3 healers and rotating the phermone stacks between them throughout the entire fight so we can concentrate more on dps.

Thank you,

X
    We struggled on the enrage timer for this wiping several times from his Massive Crush at 5 - 15%. The way we got it in the end was to continue 3 Healing but our Prot Warrior went DPS and still soaked the swipe. This gave us the DPS we needed while we swapped the pheromone between the Tank and all three Healers.

Deleted
    All I can say is have fun, 87 wipes on blade lord is ridiculous. We oneshotted it and still had to actually progress garalon.

Quote Originally Posted by Isopahajuho View Post
    All I can say is have fun, 87 wipes on blade lord is ridiculous. We oneshotted it and still had to actually progress garalon.
    This is sort of irrelevant since we were asking for input not negative comments. This being the mmo-champ forums rather than the wow forums especially. Just to follow your comment though it really just depends on what you have trouble with. The reason it took so long on blade lord for us was failed mechanics due to stacking up and 2nd phase tornadoes with everyone making it down. To us the mechanics for Garalon are extremely simple and just requires a little more throughput for us.

We went with two healers shammy+Rdruid, 1 tank +melee soak (DK), we didnt have that much melee, so we used duel dotting classes, warlocks and spriest and mages. The dps suffered alot from not being able to move so freely, cus of our limitations in our healing setup.

We also used all our ranged to kite, wich looking back at it seemed a bit redundant. You need to be focused thoughtout the fight and it will fall over easily no matter what tactic you do.

Hunter is really, really bad on this fight. Almost useless on legs. Especially when he is in BM spec. I'm hunter and on this fight I do 65-70k (BM spec) what is pathetic compared to the rogues or DKs. Or any other dps class ;]

And with 2 hunters in 10 man is almost impossible to do. Don't blame them, it's blizz fault. Our pets don't get any dmg buff from Weak Points. Use hunters on boss, switch rogue, lock and mage on legs. And they need to respect to SV if u want them to dps legs.

Deleted
    Killed it last night with 3 healers and 7 dps. Enrage was pretty tight but i think that was because our group got pretty bad setup for this.

2x resto shaman (one was offspec)
    1x holy pala
    1x spriest
    2x arms warrior (again one was offspec)
    1x boomkin
    2x bm hunter
    1x ww monk

Both warriors used prot stance to soak the frontal cleave and kited aswell. All 3 healers were kiting too. Pheromones were switched around 15-25 stacks, depending on the situation. Killed all legs at start and then kept always one leg alive to dot and cleave it. Got him down exactly when he enraged and killed the raid.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ie848dsjm4v9jxzx/

Here are our logs. Feedback would be great after looking at these.

We kept hitting 20% and then enrage happened.

We did the following:

1) Had one tank go dps.
    2) Myself (holy paladin) & Prot warrior split the Furious Swipe.
    3) 4 people on Pheromones, 1) Tank 2) Myself, 3) Holy priest 4) Warlock. Each person gets to 20 stack then switches. Rinse repeat.
    4) Hero/Lust at the start when all legs are up.
    5) Make sure melee with cleaves (War & Rogues) actually use cleave as buff from leg goes over to boss as well. We had a Warrior that was 120k+ dps/second.
    6) Use raid walls once a stack of pheromones goes over 15, this ensures that health is high enough that Crush is not an issue. Popping it for the crush itself is a bad idea.

We did that and we beat the enrage timer by 30 seconds. Biggest thing is getting the pheromone switches off cleanly, it almost works like the one ability on Blood Queen from ICC. You have to meet up, its a pulse so if you run through each other you can miss it. Also the people need to know once the switch happens where each one is running so they don't overlap again and switch back over.

We finally got our kill tonight after about 20-30 wipes over the week 5-15% wipes for the last 20.

Raid Comp:
    Paladin - Prot
    Warrior - Arms in Defensive Stance
    Druid - Cat
    Death Knight - Frost
    Hunter - Surv
    Warlock - Affliction
    Mage - Fire
    Druid - Healer
    Shaman - Healer
    Priest - Healer

Couple things we did:
    1) Warrior Tank went Arms, and Defensive Stance for cleaves
    2) Tank and 3 healers did the kiting, switching at 20-22 stacks
    3) Hero at start
    4) Burned down 2 legs at start, left the legs for Melee to do Cleaving.
    5) Ranged DPS stayed on boss for pretty much 100% of the time (after the first two legs are down) only helping on Legs if 3 were up.
    6) Ranged stayed in the literal center of the room, and just DPS'd from there

Our healer did math and with about 10 crushes, and no mistakes, we'd need about 500k raid wide DPS. Not sure if that was right, but yea.

We beat enrage by about 25 seconds with this.

Hope this helps!
    " "People can say all the BS they want about "encounters weren't that hard back then people just didnt know what was going on" well that argument is like saying "getting to california in the early 1800 wasnt hard, people just didnt know how the !$@% to build cars" " - hazer221

Quote Originally Posted by jumperdono View Post
    I would recomend not focusing the body of Garalon at all unless there are no legs up
    This is incorrect, and will leave you wiping, especially with your comp. You may want to INITIALLY focus most of the dps on the legs if you are having trouble with his kiting speed. But certainly, once the first few legs are down, you only really want the Rogue and like one other melee class on the legs as they revive. Obviously, if you had more cleavers, you'd want them there as well, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

This will produce much higher dps than everyone nuking down the legs as they spawn. Blade Flurry will copy the double damage the rogue is doing to the leg to the BODY as well. You want him to have as much time as possible to do this. Once the first few are down he's not ever going to actually catch up to you unless people are missing Furious Swipe... which means you're headed straight for a wipe regardless.

Furthermore, having all the dps on the legs means the ranged would have to move a lot more than is wise, lowering their overall dps. Also making maintaining healing range more difficult.

Burn the first 3 legs down asap, then minimize all dps on legs that can't cleave. Multidotting etc is not the same. If they can't copy their damage from the leg to the boss to double dip with the +100% damage, then they should barely be touching the legs. If your cleaver(s) aren't able to keep up with the leg mend speed, then you have them finish a leg off to keep from having 3+ respawned at the same time. Unless that's happening, they shouldn't be on the legs. That's how we beat the enrage timer.

10+ Year Old Account
    We bring 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 dps. Make sure that every dps has around 100k dps. The first tank takes about 35 stacks, then the 2nd tank takes over and does the same. Then we have our holy paladin (since they're quite weak raid healers on this encounter) take over and he keeps it till the stack wear off on the first tank. Then we repeat this and it should be dead before the first tank needs to pick it up for the 3rd time. Make sure the one kiting leaves the puddles around the edges of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Isopahajuho View Post
    You really are a hero. Can I have your babies?

Deleted
    Get your hunter off the legs for a start. Your Hunter wants to sit on the boss 100% of the fight. Get your Rogue and Mage on the legs, and noone else touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    Get your hunter off the legs for a start. Your Hunter wants to sit on the boss 100% of the fight. Get your Rogue and Mage on the legs, and noone else touch them.
    How good are mages for cleaving here? (assuming you're talking about fire of course) Would spreading dots via inferno blast be considered a cleave? If so it would be amazing, especially when you copy over a full combustion with your living bomb, ingite and pyro blast.