Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What's your favourite thing about being a paladin?

Let's get some paladin positivity going and post anecdotes and snippits as to why we love our palamuffins. Being the OP I guess I'll start:

I'm levelling a ret (74 Belf) for the hell of it and boy is it a blast. The new ranged capabilities in BG's is phenomenal and early on our damage is pretty insane.

Earlier I was in AV and saw a lone warrior at FW GY ready to be slapped silly. Just before I took his head he was healed to full by a nearby monk and I figured It'd be conservative to high-tail it out of there. So I'm fleeing like the honourable Paladin I am, Judging, Exorcising and generally laughing in the face of death when a Hunter joins the fray as well as a Rogue with an aptitude for cheap shots. Suddenly I'm stunned and at 3%~ health but I nope straight out of it with my Divine Shield and glorious speech.

Only after 3 minutes and with the help of an additional Warlock and Monk was I felled, a truly valiant death.

So yeah; insane mobility + HP generation + Healing + dumbass lowbies + bubble = frustrating 10% of the enemy team. It is glorious.

I remember lvling my paladin during cata. i did 70-80 just from battlegrounds and it was epic getting 15 Killing blows as holy and never dying in a match even with 3 or 4 people whacking on you.

I'm playing pala holy since tbc and it's honestly a hell of a class to play. U have abilities for every kind of situation. I used to had a hell of a blast going to orgrimmar and bubble + hs and no1 could rly do anything about it. Good old days. Atm there's always some crappy priest or warrior to screw things up :P

Quote Originally Posted by fishface View Post
    insane mobility + HP generation + Healing + dumbass lowbies + bubble = frustrating 10% of the enemy team. It is glorious.
    If you're aiming towards hitting 90 you're in for a hard fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    If you're aiming towards hitting 90 you're in for a hard fall.
    Hah oh I'm well aware of the difference, just savouring every moment as I level

Quote Originally Posted by FuSuLu View Post
    I remember lvling my paladin during cata. i did 70-80 just from battlegrounds and it was epic getting 15 Killing blows as holy and never dying in a match even with 3 or 4 people whacking on you.
    Ach yeah, I remember an AV that devolved into 40v40 brawl at icewing bunker, I ended up with around 60 killing blows, top damage and healing. Had the whole team hungering for my blood. Must find the screenshot.

Deleted
    bubble, plate and healz! wtf Blizz qq etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't really changed much since I made my paladin in Wrath - ability to be self sufficient in solo situations. Rarely do I have to ask for help to do anything at all, and being able to do crazy things and not die.

NOT ever being fotm

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    NOT ever being fotm
    Ret, not FOTM for about 38 months now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lore and background of the class is what I like the most. It helps that they have some pretty cool looking mog sets you can use. I've always seen it this way why be your normal, standard warrior when you can be a holy power wielding knight of light?
    Last edited by yuca247; 2012-11-08 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not having to wear a silly dress when healing

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the paladin lore. Wouldnt stick to the class this long if it wasnt for it.

As for skills Id say
    Hand of Freedom
    Heart of Crusader
    Lay on Hands

those are very cool skills imo.

It's literally the only class I've never leveled. They just don't look very fun. Maybe one day I'll gut one out.

Divine Intervention, Repair Bills Prevention!

Well, when it was in game.

15+ Year Old Account
    My favorite thing roots from LONG LONG LONG ago.

My first class was Paladin on release date. I love the "preview" of the class. I did take a break at level 30 for my hunter, to tame Humar, but then resumed and have played Paladins ever since.

There was something about the class, the seal choices, seal twisting (Crusader and then command) that enthralled me. I loved it. Getting Consecration from the holy tree too, it was a bunch of fun.

It's a class type (archetype) that I look for in every game I play now. It took me and captivated me. The lore and story behind the class just took me, and the playstyle of ret (plus PLENTY of stubbornness) has captivated me. That's what keeps me playing.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Bubble Hearth, hands down.

Shiny glittery light, abilities that sound like ringing a bell, and WIIIINNGGGSSS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Having all 3 specs under one roof, the same reason why all the other healers and tanks captivated me, and why only the Mage has ever captivated me from any of the pures

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that any problem a Paladin has can be solved by throwing a hammer at something.

And if that doesn't work, bubble hearth.

Bubble hearth atm ;3