Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wearing a variation on a UBoat 1001.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Ever since the rise of the smartphone I have found myself without a wristwatch. In contrast to dumbphones which I only used to call and text with, my smartphone gets pulled out atleast a few times every half hour and each time I instinctively look at the time, simply eliminating the use for a watch.
    “I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."”
    -Emo Phillips

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love watches; I reckon it makes any dude/man look "better" or at least a bit more mature. Unless you wear some ridiculous, plastic Micky Mouse watch... I have a Tommy Hilfiger one I bought ages ago; not particularly amazing technically or even that high quality, but it looks good and I've gotten compliments for it, even from complete strangers believe it or not. Thought about saving money (a meager 5500€) for a model from the Breitling for Bentley series, but I always end up using/needing whatever I've saved up :P Oh well, maybe one day....
    Last edited by Jimer; 2012-11-09 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been using this for the last 8 years, heh.
    Certina DS First

I don't like watches, but there are some pretty darn cool ones out there, that's for sure. I just use my cell for the time and alarm.

I own 5 wristwatches and over a dozen pocket watches. Most are quartz models but I have 6 or 7 antique mechanicals as well. I do not however, own a cell phone of any kind.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I rock my probably fake rolex at social functions, but otherwise no.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, because I don't have a phone.

I have a watch and use it occasionally but not as much as I used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to wear a watch for school and Uni, but my job requires hand washing alot and i got out of the habit.

I had a very nice fashionable one my uncle bought me years ago. I wore it every day until it got misplaced while moving. I replaced it with a sports watch that had a HR monitor for when I train but the strap broke and there was no fixing it. For now I just go without a watch and use my phone.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgrim Doomhammer View Post
    I have a digital watch I bought for $10 5 years ago. Still works flawlessly on the original batteries, it is also water resistant.
    I got mine 3 years ago from my friend as a parting gift because she was dieing from cancer, I miss her so much, but yes, I still have the watch, same batteries, and it goes swimming with me whenever I do
    Duck walks into a bar, says to the bartender, "Got any grapes?" Bartender says no, duck says "Got any grapes?" "No" "Got any grapes?" "NO!" "Got any--" "If you say got any grapes one more time I'm going to nail your bill to the wall..." "Got a nail?" "No." "Got any grapes?"

If you want to be taken seriously in the business world, you wear a watch, only children whip out a cellphone to tell time

10+ Year Old Account
    When out and about I do,

Alot of crime in town near where I live so better not to flaunt mobile devices etc for the sake of the time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    When out and about I do,

Alot of crime in town near where I live so better not to flaunt mobile devices etc for the sake of the time
    This, I forgot to add it in the OP. I have the same problem here, and view consider it better just taking a quick look at your watch and then pulling your sleeve than using your phone and risking to lose it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to wear a watch until I got a phone back in high school. My phone is my watch now.

No I don't, if I had to money for one I would spend it on something else because I have a phone. I will get one eventually when I am out of school and not broke all the time.

I had a watch for awhile, but it broke and I never took it to the repair store nor did I ever replace it.
    Kinda miss it, might get one again sometime in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    I've seen quite a few people lately wearing watches. Some of them say they find easier looking at them rather than making the effort to pick their phones from the pockets, some say they like them more, and some say 'that's the fashion'.

I personally wear a Fossil ch2565 every day, because we're not allowed to use our phones at school, during the classes. I got it as a present from my parents a few years ago, and I love it.

Thats a pretty good looking watch... i wear one just because ive always worn one... but idk why but i tend to look at my phone even if i have my watch on
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton