Deleted

Improve my Arms Warrior

Hello there.

I seem to remember a thread where we could post our Armoury's and people would comment on how you could improve your character, but I can't seem to find it. So if it's out there and this thread needs moved, go ahead.

Right now I'm doing pretty good in my raids. I'm usually top 1-3 dps on fights. I'm just looking for advice on how to better improve my Warrior. I know there will be things that I haven't done yet and things that I may be doing wrong, and I dislike feeling like I've not got my character under control, but I guess it's good to get my character better, even if it means learning I'm doing things wrong.

All of the stuff I've done to my character were found in guides.

So things like gems, enchants, if I need to get a certain stat higher, all of that stuff. Thanks.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ithus/advanced

(Getting the enchant on bracers soon.)
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-11-08 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    Honestly I would go Fury. If you were to go Fury I would replace the str+crit gems with exp+crit gems since you can reforge excessive expertise to crit. Crit stacking all the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Hello there.

I seem to remember a thread where we could post our Armoury's and people would comment on how you could improve your character, but I can't seem to find it. So if it's out there and this thread needs moved, go ahead.

Right now I'm doing pretty good in my raids. I'm usually top 1-3 dps on fights. I'm just looking for advice on how to better improve my Warrior. I know there will be things that I haven't done yet and things that I may be doing wrong, and I dislike feeling like I've not got my character under control, but I guess it's good to get my character better, even if it means learning I'm doing things wrong.

All of the stuff I've done to my character were found in guides.

So things like gems, enchants, if I need to get a certain stat higher, all of that stuff. Thanks.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ithus/advanced

(Getting the enchant on bracers soon.)
    The only things I can see is the 80str/160crit gems in gloves/bracers/belt could be changed to 320 crit, since 2 crit > 1 str I believe, also, the coaster isn't great for arms really, I don't know how much gold you have, but the DMF card trinket is really really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerran View Post
    Honestly I would go Fury. If you were to go Fury I would replace the str+crit gems with exp+crit gems since you can reforge excessive expertise to crit. Crit stacking all the way.
    At his gear level I'd say Arms would be better, and even at 490+ I'm keeping up with the Fury Warriors on WoL most the time.

I cannot judge your playstyle but ending up in top 3 seems like a very good spot

From items I can't find anything "wrong" in particular. I would suggest getting an upgrade for Coren's Coaster (the trinket) first - although I assume that you just got as unlucky with carbonic carbuncle as I did.

Considering talents and glyphs:

I think it's all up to your playstyle so if it works out for you, than stick with it! I'll just leave my two cents why I chose different ones:

Tier 1. Double time -
    The difference in Double Time compared to Juggernaut is: Juggernaut grants and restricts you to a 12 second charge and a 100% "chance" of gaining rage. Double Time lets you basically charge twice every 20 seconds, only granting rage every 12 seconds. Charging twice in a 12 second window will only grant rage once. So IF you restricted yourself on using charge only once every 12 seconds Double Time is just as good as Juggernaut. I personally love having a "backup" charge, but it doesn't really matter in a raid.

Tier 2: Impending Victory - Choosing this talent allows you health on demand for as little as 10 rage. The same health as enraged regen is gained over the course of a minute and it does not require you to be enraged (although it costs 20 rage vs 0 rage IF you are enraged). What I like about this talent is its short cooldown, "connectibility" with healthstone, low ragecost+dealing minor damage and as I already mentioned healing on demand. It lacks the rage component of second wind of course!

Tier 3: Whatever.
    Tier 4/6: I took 'em too so no comments

Tier 5: I don't know if there are any boss abilities able to be reflected. I took Safeguard instead. I try to watch the tanks and if things get hairy I literally jump in. Also it's a great way to get to certain positions faster (talk about fire chains, Feng-bubble and stuff).

Glyphs:
    If you don't need to provide the debuff of sunder armor there are some options you might want to think about:
    - enraged speed gives 20% flat out runspeed when enraged
    - Bull rush - more rage per charge - you need to evaluate how often you charge per fight
    - Recklessness - I didn't personally try that one but IF you are good at cooldownmanagement this one certainly has its uses when timed with heroism and other longer damage-enhancing abilities (and execute-uptime)
    - Rude Interruption - IF there's something to be interrupted this is a flat out 6% damage increase - yummy
    - Sweeping Strikes - IF there's something to be "cleaved" this provides a minor ragegain