Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What do you do when procing transmutes for someone?

Say someone wants to buy your cooldown for living steel. You are a transmute master and you proc. Do you or the customer keep the extra items? Or do keep them, but offer to sell them for a very good price (cheaper than AH?)

I usually offer them at ~50% of AH price just because I don't want to be bothered trying to sell them myself. I certainly don't give them away for free, though!

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    I usually offer them at ~50% of AH price just because I don't want to be bothered trying to sell them myself. I certainly don't give them away for free, though!
    Pretty much this. Usually they offer to buy the proc as well.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Why wouldn't you just advertise your cooldown as transmute spec and just charge more for it but give people procs? I thought that's what most people did.

Personally I'd just give them the proc and say 'grats'. But then, I don't sell my cooldowns, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

Deleted
    I always talk to the customer beforehand and only do the transmutes after we agreed on terms. Some prefer to pay more for the transmute but get every proc, others like to have a cheaper CD but get a discount on procs. Communication is the key.

I only xmute for myself to maximize profits and save myself from petty drama / arguments with randoms.

Deleted
    I gave up trying to deal with random people with my transmute services. Decided to stop once and for all when I tried to give a guy a free transmute on the basis that I could keep procs if they happened (he was asking to buy a CD) and got told to get lost.

For a while now what I've done is just keep a handful of items (currently living steel) in my bag, when someone is looking to buy a CD but specifically isn't asking for an Xmute master I will take them up on it. They will put their mats and gold in the trade window. I'll put a bar of living steel in the trade window and we are done. I've usually already done my CD for the day so now I just have mats to do it for the next day.

One solution is to have the transmute result beforehand, and simply trade the materials for the result, and transmute later.
    No drama, and you made the right deal.
    If the person insists in looking if you get a proc, then you can negotiate before getting the materials or simply leave them to find another alchemist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have two prices.
    Price 1: Your mats + reasonable tip, you get 1 <item> and I keep any procs.
    Price 2: Your mats + 1000g minimum, you get all procs.

If you just want your Living Steel, that's fine, treat me like any other Alchemist. If you want to play the odds and take a chance, you're paying me for the privelege, because otherwise, I'll just go buy mats and use my own cooldown and sell it on the AH, and make just as much money as I would've in #2.

I would give them the proc, but then again I only use my professions for myself and guildmates, so, take that for what it is.

The few times I did it, I advertised up front my cooldown for a price and if it proc'ed, they were free to buy each for one half of the cooldown price.

Be honest, be upfront and if there is a ticket, you will win.

Deleted
    What anassi said. Just agree beforehand what will happen with the proc and no arguments.
    If its a guildie they always get the proc. I tend not to sell procs and avoid trade becayse i find it is more hassle than its worth.

Guildies get it for free, half of AH for additional procs or I keep em , seems more than fair since the buyer has had the item they paid for, most of the time they dont need extra
    Whoops, sig too big

I say, if they're buying a proc, I give them whatever the result is. After all, the crafter doesn't put in any more work than normally to push that button.

That would be like a store selling you a box of cereal and then trying to charge you more when it turns out there's a prize inside (are there still prizes in cereal boxes? o.0).

But again, from my perspective, they're buying my CD and providing the mats, I don't think its fair to up the price just because random chance gave an extra Living Steel bar or whatever.
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I have two prices.
    Price 1: Your mats + reasonable tip, you get 1 <item> and I keep any procs.
    Price 2: Your mats + 1000g minimum, you get all procs.

If you just want your Living Steel, that's fine, treat me like any other Alchemist. If you want to play the odds and take a chance, you're paying me for the privelege, because otherwise, I'll just go buy mats and use my own cooldown and sell it on the AH, and make just as much money as I would've in #2.
    I like your style of thinking, for the most part. Except for the tip part.

I hate when people ask for "tips", its not a tip if its being asked for, that's a charge. Though that is just semantics as long as you inform the person before hand- Long ago I had several people link Alchemy/Enchanting and Shout your "your mats: Free, my mats: X gold" show up with my own mats, get w/e done, wait for them to drop items in trade/see Enchant on gear- hit accept only for them to go "Wtf bro its not free". *sorry for the rant at the end*

I give them the one they had the mats for, and then sell the others on AH. UNLESS they paid me xtra for the chance at the proc, but if they didnt......they get ONE and the rest r mine.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Deleted
    if its a once a day transmute its mine
    if its just making gems or other things they keep it

Quote Originally Posted by wadark View Post
    I say, if they're buying a proc, I give them whatever the result is. After all, the crafter doesn't put in any more work than normally to push that button.

That would be like a store selling you a box of cereal and then trying to charge you more when it turns out there's a prize inside (are there still prizes in cereal boxes? o.0).

But again, from my perspective, they're buying my CD and providing the mats, I don't think its fair to up the price just because random chance gave an extra Living Steel bar or whatever.
    Transmute mastery doesn't just happen. You have to actively get the mastery.

I'm like most other people here. I tell them upfront that Procs will not be given free. We can negotiate on a price after that unless they don't like that, then they're free to leave and find someone else. I didn't get Transmute Mastery out of the goodness of my heart so I can give people free transmutes.