Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    I like your style of thinking, for the most part. Except for the tip part.

I hate when people ask for "tips", its not a tip if its being asked for, that's a charge. Though that is just semantics as long as you inform the person before hand- Long ago I had several people link Alchemy/Enchanting and Shout your "your mats: Free, my mats: X gold" show up with my own mats, get w/e done, wait for them to drop items in trade/see Enchant on gear- hit accept only for them to go "Wtf bro its not free". *sorry for the rant at the end*
    That's a fair point.

It's a charge. You'd better be offering me at least the difference between the cost of mats and what the item I'm transmuting is worth on the AH. Preferably more.

If 60 Ghost Iron Bars are 300g, and Living Steel are 500g/bar (prices per my current AH), you'd better be offering me 200g for my cooldown, or I'm going to not-so-politely ask you to go stuff it. Because I could just go buy the ghost iron myself, use my own cooldown, and make that same profit off the AH, with the bonus chance of procs. Offering me less than the 200g for the cooldown means I'm losing money on the deal and the ONLY way that would be attractive is if I'm 1> too poor to afford 300g for the bars, and 2> don't have a farming alt.

In practice, I never end up using my cooldown for non-guildies, because people invariably have an issue with my rules, which I find hilarious, since they're literally asking me to lose money. "I know you can make 200g profit plus procs in a heartbeat, but you should TOTALLY take my 50g offer seriously, and I demand all the procs to boot". Yeah, no, you're an idiot if you're making that offer, and I'd be a sucker if I took it.

It's kind of like people spamming trade looking to sell Ghost Iron Bars for 200g/stack when there's 400 stacks on the AH at 100g/stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Transmute mastery doesn't just happen. You have to actively get the mastery.

I'm like most other people here. I tell them upfront that Procs will not be given free. We can negotiate on a price after that unless they don't like that, then they're free to leave and find someone else. I didn't get Transmute Mastery out of the goodness of my heart so I can give people free transmutes.
    I understand that, but (and I only speak personally here) to me, the effort required to get transmutation mastery (4 Living Steel) would be more than made up for by the gold I earn straight from the CD prices, and by procs I get on personal use and guild use. Again that's just my opinion. A transmute is pure profit in the sense that there is no material expense (assuming your customer is providing mats), you aren't using any mats, you're only using time. So you are, in essence, getting paid to do nothing, you can just only do it once a day. So its pure profit made, and that would, in a relatively short amount of time, more than make up for what it would cost just to buy the 4 living steel (depending on your server economy of course).

Plus, for me, I make a spec decision based on a personal preference, not based on what profit I could make. So, in short, I would be transmutation master whether I was selling CDs or not. So it makes sense to me to say, I didn't do anything that I would not already be doing, this customer is still paying for the CD and is providing the mats, I don't see a reason to charge more just because random chance chose that particular craft to yield a greater result than normal.
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the person provides the Mats, be it transmute, flasks, or potion, they provided Mats and they get their items. I guess call me unselfish, but its their mats why would anyone charge or keep the extras?
    Last edited by adidas; 2012-11-08 at 07:14 PM.

Deleted
    You give them all of the proc'd items. If you want to charge extra for he fact that your CD is justifiably worth more than a none-transmute master, then so be it, but you do it upfront. You don't just walk off with the bonus mats unless they pay up.

You could potentially model this around ''100g with no proc, 150g with proc", if you want. The main thing is to establish the terms of the deal before the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    You give them all of the proc'd items. If you want to charge extra for he fact that your CD is justifiably worth more than a none-transmute master, then so be it, but you do it upfront. You don't just walk off with the bonus mats unless they pay up.

You could potentially model this around ''100g with no proc, 150g with proc", if you want. The main thing is to establish the terms of the deal before the trade.
    This, very much so. There is obviously a great difference of opinion, none really more or less valid than another. So it stands to reason that any given customer you deal with is potentially expect something different, so its essential to establish terms upfront.
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by adidas View Post
    If the person provides the Mats, be it transmute, flasks, or potion, they provided Mats and they get their items. I guess call me unselfish, but its their mats why would anyone charge or keep the extras?
    I hear you and in the past I used to do this too because I was once a nice guy. however, my thoughts have changed. They did indeed provide the mats, but they only provide the mats for One transmute, x amount of flasks/potions. As such, the will only get the result of 1 transmute or the x amount flask/potions, all others they can either pay me -20% (500g per = 415per) off of AH price, or can pay full price from the AH.

I sell my cooldowns as alchemist not as transmutation master... so the procs are mine.

Deleted
    This debate has been going on since vanilla and the way to avoid conflict has been to agree or make clear the terms upfront and then you have no argument. Accept or dont accept. The price of the cooldown normally has a going rate, but whatever the transmuter finds acceptable. There are normally plenty of takers for the going rate i.e 100-300g. If i ever need mass transmuutes then I give guildies the mats for 5/10/20 transmutes in advance and pay the money up front. I just ask them to transmute for me when they arent using it for themselves. By the time some of you explain your complicated methods of pricing or why you keep the proc without discussion or bothering to make it clear then I will have found several other cds I can use.

if i proc i give it to them .. oh wait i just do stuff for people in my guild since i'm to lazy to logg around for randomplayers :P
    it's a give and take, i proc on flasks, buddy procs on pots and 2-3 proc on living steel for new belts ^^

I offer to sell them the procs for around 75% of AH price. A lot of people on my server have the nerve to say that they deserve to get the procs for free though, then I just offer to sell them the procs for 90% of ah price as a big f you for making such a dumb statement.

Deleted
    if they don´t ask if i´m a transmution master I keep the proc. As they would have paid the same for a normal alchemist. If they want the proc or a special price on eventuell procs they have to say so beforehand

Deleted
    keep the procs, but then I didnt charge you the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's kind of like people spamming trade looking to sell Ghost Iron Bars for 200g/stack when there's 400 stacks on the AH at 100g/stack.
    I do that, but I also make sure that my bars are the ones on the AH. You'd be surprised how many people will by stuff from the AH just to spite you when you say "Then go buy the ones off the AH if you don't like my prices."
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Person gives me mats for 1x item, I craft it, they receive 1x item in return. Anything that happens because of my profession is for me to keep and do with as I please, anyone who complains is promptly put on ignore. If you want to get free alchemy procs, level alchemy.

Give the proc to them ofc, it's definitely not worth being an ass over lol.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends.
    When I advertise, I usually announce like "Transmute Master lfw, 50g fee and I keep proccs, 150g fee and you get the proccs." But if someone asks, if I can transmute for them, I often have some on me, so I just trade them directly for the mats + fee.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

I have 3 transmute masters in my crafting army. I have never ever ever sold my transmute CDs. I either create and selling the Livng Steel or make belt buckles with my BS. If these activities are not worth it in the future I use the CD to do things like essence of Water to Air.

If you have any thoughts around making money from your Proffs then selling CD I'd about te most foolish thing you can do.

I only ever transmute for guildies or myself because that results in higher profit margins for me. Shuffling the living steel to belt buckles via guildy blacksmiths crafting those profits me more, and that's the karma coming into play. I provide services for free, and they do too. Sure, my service takes a daily cooldown, but no one in my guild is an auction baron, so I pretty much use all their services and blanket many markets.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adidas View Post
    If they want the service for free, then they can damn well roll a character and learn the profession on their own. If you ask someone else to do something for you, make it worth their while.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If a seller doesn't say anything to me about wanting the transmutes, then I'll keep them and sell them. If they want the transmutes we will discuss a price for how many are transmuted, including the price of the cd.