Video editing and rendering software?

Im not sure if this is the right place to put this but its to do with computer so i'll fire away.

I'm looking for a new piece of video editing and rendering software as my camtasia studio 7 is really buggy and always crashes on me and only seems to render 50-70% of the video leaving me with unfinished short clips and more annoying wasting my time.

I was looking at vegas but there is so many different sony vegas programs i don't know which is best for what i want to do with it. I'm also downloading the new camtasia 8 30 day trial and see how that goes.

All i want it for is mainly wow videos for the guild boss kills. I'm fraps'ing the footage and then rendering it to 1980x1080 wmv files at the moment. I'd also like the software to be able to make fancy introductions as thats what im planning on trying to learn next.

Can you guys give me a suggest through personal experiance or from good reviews you've heard about the better video editing software?

Thanks

Sony Vegas HD is the consumer version, costs less than $50 and works fine for your use
    Sony Vegas Pro costs $500 and is overkill

Other usual suspects for home video editing (also suitable for WoW bosskills) are in alphabetical order:

Adobe Premiere Elements
    Magix Movie Maker
    Pinnacle Studio

All four have 30 day free demo available to check 'em out.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Sony Vegas HD is the consumer version, costs less than $50 and works fine for your use
    Sony Vegas Pro costs $500 and is overkill

Other usual suspects for home video editing (also suitable for WoW bosskills) are in alphabetical order:

Adobe Premiere Elements
    Magix Movie Maker
    Pinnacle Studio

All four have 30 day free demo available to check 'em out.
    Thanks so much, exactly the answer i was looking for!

Another + for sony vegas. I really like this software.

Also Adobe After Effects is quite nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Hantzu View Post
    Also Adobe After Effects is quite nice!
    AfterEffects is motly meant for digital video effects and compositing, not really editing. It's also way outside home user price range.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.