Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Secondary professions really need to be BoA now

Especially considering the number of dailies that require secondary professions now. It just seem unnecessary now to not be BoA

You only need one Cook, one Digger and one Fisher. Why would you ever need a second?

First Aid is completely optional now for every class. Though, I suppose an argument could be attempted for not wanting to level that up on every alt if you feel your class' built in heals are lacking.

If your complaint is that you don't have enough dailies to do already and you feel the need to do all profession dailies on every class.... Well, I don't know what to say to that.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-11-08 at 04:12 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    Is it that hard to log another character to fish/cook? :/ cause I have never had a problem with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Is it that hard to log another character to fish/cook? :/ cause I have never had a problem with that.
    No, but why would you want to? Whenever your main already has everything?
    Seems kind of pointless.

Cooking can be up to date in 5 minutes due to halfhill boost, Archaeology done in 2 hours max, the only one that takes any real matter of time is fishing, and you don't need more then 1 fisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Cooking can be up to date in 5 minutes due to halfhill boost, Archaeology done in 2 hours max, the only one that takes any real matter of time is fishing, and you don't need more then 1 fisherman.
    Personally, I'd like to see the professions take a little more (at least in current content), but be account-wide as well. Its nice to be flying past an archeology dig or fishing spot and be able to just stop and do it for a moment without having to break the experience, log out, log back in, and then find a new spot on your new char thats level-appropriate.

While it may be annoying for some, I find them enjoyable to level and something that I do when I don't feel like expending a lot of mental effort.

If you get to exalted with Anglers, you can buy an item to boost your alts' fishing I think to max.

Cooking has been made super quick to catch up to Pandaria levels.

Archaeology is quicker now.

First aid doesn't really need to be BoA.

I really don't think the whole game needs to become "you did it once, every alt forever is maxed"

But you don't really need secondary profs on alts, eating food doesn't require cooking skill, fish aren't BoP, archaeology is entirely optional and every class now has self-heals that beat bandages...

I level the secondary profs on my alts, but that's more about completism than necessity really.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    They are "SECONDARY" for a reason. They are not required to do anything. Just like the dailies that you say require them. My paladin doesn't have his secondary profs leveled (well, he has cooking now cause it's been streamlined) and he completed the Cloud Serpent dailies without doing the secondary prof ones. Perhaps that's the solution, to streamline the secondary profs like they did cooking. Make one trainer/vendor that sells easy access to leveling the prof.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I really don't think the whole game needs to become "you did it once, every alt forever is maxed"
    Agreed.
    Last edited by freakyduck; 2012-11-08 at 05:49 PM.

No it really doesn't

You have one main on which you can max them (personally I only have archy max), if you decide to hop main, then getting it back up again should require the same amount of time, but as someone mentioned, are you that lazy, you cant log over to cook?

Blizzard would have to put time, effort, money and staff into doing this feature, then you'd be a lil bitch (so to speak) and moan there isnt enough in the current content their releasing.

and tbh you shouldn't be needing to hop mains that many times,

And, if your a alt fanatic that wants everything they can on each alt, and want 600 on each, then sir, your not worth any more of my time
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

How many dailies require secondary professions? The only ones I can think of are from the Order of the Cloud Serpents and all four of those together are about the same as one regular daily, pretty sure only FA and Arch need to be high level as well. Oh and there's the Anglers too but most of those dailies you don't actually have to fish and the ones that you don't don't require max level.

If you get to exalted with Anglers, you can buy an item to boost your alts' fishing I think to max.

It's +50 (which is still pretty awesome.) Costs 900 (with bartering/guild perk)

Archeology can box up fragments, so if you have an abundance of fragments, you can do that to boost your alts.

Cooking just needs new MoP mats, needs a good fisherman or a Bit of god.

First-Aid is the only real challenge. If you have a tailor, though, he can supply enough cloth to cap it easy.

Deleted
    So this is what the userbase has become.

Less XP to level, No attunements, Easy reputation farming, Easy profession leveling, Cheap early mounts, fast scaling leveling gear, dungeons and raids scaled in the first place to the mediocre, fast honor farmable pvp gear, leveling in battlegrounds, no more rare world material pots, dungeon finder, raid finder, no more resistance-gearing and I could go on.

Why not ask for a free max level for everytime you ding 90.

Anyone remember original lockpicking leveling? Or fishing for all I care.
    Last edited by mmocb9db9223dd; 2012-11-08 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    No it really doesn't

You have one main on which you can max them (personally I only have archy max), if you decide to hop main, then getting it back up again should require the same amount of time, but as someone mentioned, are you that lazy, you cant log over to cook?

Blizzard would have to put time, effort, money and staff into doing this feature, then you'd be a lil bitch (so to speak) and moan there isnt enough in the current content their releasing.

and tbh you shouldn't be needing to hop mains that many times,

And, if your a alt fanatic that wants everything they can on each alt, and want 600 on each, then sir, your not worth any more of my time
    Well, if you want to be able to make the Sandstone Drake you'd have to make sure you level Archy on that character as well, otherwise you couldn't learn the recipe or find it. Does it appear to non-Alchemists? I leveled Archy on my DK first, mainly cause i wanted the 2h sword, Zin'Rok (or whatever it's called, i never got it) and started on my Shaman Alchemist when i learned of the recipe because i like to learn as many recipes as i can for my known profs, but that's my own hang up. I got a Sandstone Drake without learning the recipe, but i would love to still get it.

What's wrong with being an "alt fanatic" and trying to make them as close to your main as you can? I love my alts. I have 3 90's (3 85's waiting patiently to be leveled) at the moment and have leveled each of their profs to max. I'm also working on my Monk, lvl 25 atm, and working on the last prof i need to have them all at max level.
    Last edited by freakyduck; 2012-11-08 at 06:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Agreed. I might level all of the secondary professions on my new main for the sake of completism but I would never expect it to apply to all of my characters.

Deleted
    Actually its Exalted with Nat Pagle, huge pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Actually its Exalted with Nat Pagle, huge pain in the ass.
    actually revered, but still a pain in the ass.

It's an RPG MMO game.. doing that is removing part of the role playing thing.

Playing alts is a choice.. deal with it.

Not really. It's not difficult to raise the skills. In fact it's a nice breather when you get stressed with a quest.