Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I just realised that...

this is supposed to be a fun thread, not to be taken seriously

I just realised that Undercity is called "Undercity" because it i's a city, under ground.

What did you realise?

I realise that this thread may fail but I am bored as hell

I thought it was called Undercity, because it is a city underneath another city (Lordaeron)?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by howard moon View Post
    i thought it was called undercity, because it is a city underneath another city (lordaeron)?
    mighty boosh!

Deleted
    I just realized that Silvermoon has much Gold, but very little silver. Also, when I think of blood elves, I think of sun more than moon

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    I realized that Thunder Bluff is the only capital city that it actually rains in. I can understand it not raining in Undercity, The Exodar, Ironforge and Teldrasil (sp?), but why not Stormwind, Orgrimmar or Silvermoon? It can be raining in Elwynn Forest, but the second i zone into SW it stops and the sun is shining. da fuq?

WHY????!?!!?!?!1111

Undercity is my favorite city,
    Played alliance from the start of playing (oct 2006) to my re-roll which was in 2008. Never the less, sometime in 2007 while being nubby I found myself running around undercity. I was like "I wonder if I can survive in this city LOLOL" and just being an idiot. I went to the throne room, and I thought "Maybe it's some beta city and isn't implemented yet.." And just walked away.

I thought the city never existed due to never getting something spoken about in the patch notes, ever, and thus was surprised as hell it existed in mid 2008. Like, screaming surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    It can be raining in Elwynn Forest, but the second i zone into SW it stops and the sun is shining. da fuq?

WHY????!?!!?!?!1111
    Never storms or winds in Stormwind City.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Never storms or winds in Stormwind City.
    I KNOW!! It's ridiculous!!

I say: LET IT RAIN!!! Of course, if it rained in stormwind, they would have to break out the sandbags to prevent flooding. Same with Org i guess, the entrance to RFC would be flooded in little time....oh, maybe that's it, maybe that's why weather doesn't affect certain cities, it would point out the design flaws in those cities....

One thing i think would be amazing (probably too hard to implement, i'm no developer or game designer so i don't know the scope of difficulty involved) physical changes to the environment when the seasons change. Like the trees in Elwynn forest change color with the seasons. That would be awesome if Blizzard could do that.
    Last edited by freakyduck; 2012-11-08 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Added smilies to show that i'm not an angry poster

10+ Year Old Account
    Rain in Stormwind would be nice.

I had a d'oh moment recently...I didn't realize that the unique quest mobs in Pandaria could be attacked by anyone for credit...god I felt so stupid when I kept trying to group with people for that hunter chief that throws you off a cliff. Some guy laughed at me and asked why I didn't just tag it. I thought he was giving me advice to be a douche. I didn't realize he was saying that I could have gotten credit if only I'd have done just a tiny bit of damage. I've been embarrassed about that all week really.
    When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    I just realized that Silvermoon has much Gold, but very little silver. Also, when I think of blood elves, I think of sun more than moon
    Honestly the name "Silvermoon" never made sense to me either. High elves and blood elves are supposed to revere the sun so it's pretty strange they named their city after Elune.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Honestly the name "Silvermoon" never made sense to me either. High elves and blood elves are supposed to revere the sun so it's pretty strange they named their city after Elune.
    This was a byproduct of the fact that when the city was first named, during WC2, the High Elves didn't have a sun slant. They were just the magical elves. Night Elves didn't exist as a contrast. Later on they added Night Elves and implied the High Elves started sun worship as a "F' you!" to the Night Elves.

This does not mean they didn't attempt to explain it. The accepted information is that the city itself was founded before they stopped technically being Night Elves and started the sun slant. Basically sailed to Lordaeron, founded the city as Silvermoon, decided to drop the moon worship and slowly became High Elves, never changed the name of the city they founded.

I just realized Thunder Bluff is called Thunder Bluff when there is no Thunder nor Bluffs to be heard nor seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    This was a byproduct of the fact that when the city was first named, during WC2, the High Elves didn't have a sun slant. They were just the magical elves. Night Elves didn't exist as a contrast. Later on they added Night Elves and implied the High Elves started sun worship as a "F' you!" to the Night Elves.

This does not mean they didn't attempt to explain it. The accepted information is that the city itself was founded before they stopped technically being Night Elves and started the sun slant. Basically sailed to Lordaeron, founded the city as Silvermoon, decided to drop the moon worship and slowly became High Elves, never changed the name of the city they founded.
    I didn't even think of that. Totally slipped my mind that it was named that before they even invented night elves and that whole drama.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I just realized Thunder Bluff is called Thunder Bluff when there is no Thunder nor Bluffs to be heard nor seen.
    Well you're right about the thunder part but there are plenty of bluffs.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the beauty of the name. "Thunder" which there is none which is where the "Bluff" comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I didn't even think of that. Totally slipped my mind that it was named that before they even invented night elves and that whole drama.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 02:39 PM ----------

Well you're right about the thunder part but there are plenty of bluffs.
    I meant Bluff more in the sense of Poker but valid point haha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, I hate threads like this because I just had a "I just realized" moment a couple days ago, but I can never remember on the spot for threads like this.

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

I meant Bluff more in the sense of Poker but valid point haha!
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    That's the beauty of the name. "Thunder" which there is none which is where the "Bluff" comes in.
    someone got what you were getting at.....

I realized when walking through Undercity that its pronounced "Apothecary" not Apocathary...