OS stick with boomkin or go kitty ?

Hello,
    So, i'm healer in a 10m casual guild and in fight that require only 2 healer, i'm the one switching. My gear is really low atm (ilvl 468) so when i'm dpsing i'm arround 45-50K. I'm using my resto gear to dps. I was thinking about switching to kitty but i don't know if i should do that or stick with boomkin until i have better gear (better gear = better dps).
    Raid comp (if that can help)
    Tank : Pally and Warrior
    Healer : Resto druid (Me) Holy priest and Holy Paladin
    DPS: usually Lock , Mage, Monk, Shaman, warrior, shadow priest

Quote Originally Posted by sirputyourpantsbackon View Post
    Hello,
    So, i'm healer in a 10m casual guild and in fight that require only 2 healer, i'm the one switching. My gear is really low atm (ilvl 468) so when i'm dpsing i'm arround 45-50K. I'm using my resto gear to dps. I was thinking about switching to kitty but i don't know if i should do that or stick with boomkin until i have better gear (better gear = better dps).
    Raid comp (if that can help)
    Tank : Pally and Warrior
    Healer : Resto druid (Me) Holy priest and Holy Paladin
    DPS: usually Lock , Mage, Monk, Shaman, warrior, shadow priest
    Go boomkin. With your comp you already have 4 melee (2 tanks, warrior, monk) and possibly 5 if your shammy is enhancement. Blizz always favors range over melee in terms of mechanics and you have too many already.

So doing less dps but being ranged would be better ?
    And yes the shaman is Elemental. Our hunter just switched to his monk this week, i should have thought about it earlier!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you know how to play your class you will pull good dps. It doesnt matter if balance is the lowest spec right now, if you know how to play then you will do good and balance also brings utility considering their heals are pretty decent now. I pull 60-70k dps and 10k heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by sirputyourpantsbackon View Post
    So doing less dps but being ranged would be better ?
    And yes the shaman is Elemental. Our hunter just switched to his monk this week, i should have thought about it earlier!
    Sadly yes, being ranged is better than having too many melee. Reason being a lot of fights involve spreading out but if you have 3 melee in the back plus two tanks likely 2-4 people will always be in range of each other and not able to spread out fully. On the flip side, some boss abilities will only target range so if you only have 3 they will always be targeted. The arrow volley on spirit kings is such an ability so you can cheese the encounter a bit because it will always be one of those 3 that gets hit. Still not worth it though.