Thread: World war 3

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    You can get rid of religion over time, no war necessary.
    Can't think of a single other reason that would spark a world war.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    You can get rid of religion over time, no war necessary.
    If I didn't believe that there was even a remote possibility of a god I'd probably be a murderer
    And I'd be okay with it. As long as I take enough precautions to not get caught

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    If I didn't believe that there was even a remote possibility of a god I'd probably be a murderer
    And I'd be okay with it. As long as I take enough precautions to not get caught
    If the only reason you're not a murderer is because you're religious, then there's something seriously wrong with you.

  4. #64
    Currently there's no reason to believe there will be a world war 3, there is nothing brewing even close to what started world war 1 and 2.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    If the only reason you're not a murderer is because you're religious, then there's something seriously wrong with you.
    Eh, if I wasn't afraid of post-corporeal punishment it would be illogical not to take advantage of other people wherever possible, assuming that taking advantage of them wouldn't effect me negatively.
    Doing good is valuable because of what comes from it, not for what it inherently is.

    Edit: but yes, you can eliminate violent(physically and verbally) religion. We're headed in that direction
    Last edited by Skizo; 2012-11-09 at 09:57 AM.

  6. #66
    Globalization is a pretty huge counterbalance to another world war. It's very unlikely 2 major nation states will go to war as there's simply too much to lose on both sides.

  7. #67
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,492
    I'd say world war 3 is already in full swing and been so for the past 3-4 years. The entire world is already involved in the muslim war.
    This war isn't or won't be fought with nuclear bombs or hordes of soldiers, therefor it hasn't been recognized as world war 3 yet.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  8. #68
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec.
    Posts
    1,090
    In fact we are actually in a new Cold war between the eurasian bloc (( Russian,China and their close friends)) over Africa, the Middle east, central asial and some vital ressource hotspot near China (( see in the territorial water of some countries near China)).

    Obviously, we are not at the very the door of a world war.......but it will be the inevitable conclusion of all of this.

    So be patient....we will maybe experience it in a couple of decades. (( or more sooner...who know how shit will hit the fan in a near futur))
    Last edited by Zanardam; 2012-11-09 at 10:03 AM.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

  9. #69
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    denmark
    Posts
    362
    as i see things currently, the fuse is already lit, it's just depends on how long it is... when will isreal loose the patience over iran? And what IF syria strikes turkey again and they move into syria? that are those two triggers the fuse cut end up at, as a russian generald said they would defend thier allies if they was to be attacked, also syria and iran is important to them if syria fall they will loose a important stratetic port ( correct me there ) and iran is just an ally but yeah, russia will just use thier musket things they've made with them.

  10. #70
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,224
    There might, you never know. I put my vote on roaches. Since they can survive radiation.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 12:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Globalization is a pretty huge counterbalance to another world war. It's very unlikely 2 major nation states will go to war as there's simply too much to lose on both sides.
    Funny, that's what they said after WW1.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 12:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    You can get rid of religion over time, no war necessary.
    Can't think of a single other reason that would spark a world war.
    World War 1 or 2, the only other world wars, were not sparked by religion. Shocking, isn't it? They were sparked by ideologies and greed. If you're telling me people today are less greedy and more accepting of other people's ideas then before, I think it's safe if I say you're living under a rock.

  11. #71
    Herald of the Titans Ravenblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany - Thuringia
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    You can get rid of religion over time, no war necessary.
    Can't think of a single other reason that would spark a world war.
    I doubt that. You can't kill ideas you can only try killing people having those ideas. Be it religion, doctrine or ideology. Doesn't matter, it has been tried and that usually led to high levels of bloodshed and civil wars which are wars after all. Most wars post-WWII were fought for territorial reasons, ideological and even racial reasons. The vast minority were actually involving religion as driving factor behind which in most cases were just a perverted and dogmatized form of its former teachings as much as good ideas like communism were distorted and ideologized. It's a human thing to touch an idea, corrupt and distort it to be used in a greater context of power and control.

    On topic: It is highly unlikely that a WWIII will start soon but it is not unlikely to not happen at all should resource scarcity become of greater importance again. I don't get why many people think Russia will be that starter of war. Russia has sort of a protectionist doctrine which only serves their interests. As long as their interests or even their country are not threatened they won't fire a single shot and even more so they are fairly shrewd these days and prefer to take over via deals and secretive dealings. China might have a conflict with Japan as well but they are similar to Russia here except they do actually have certain territorial claims. So far however everyone values their own wealth and economical well-being higher which is a good thing because the strong inter-dependancy of economies on global level do reduce the likelihood for a global bloc-based war by a lot.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2012-11-09 at 11:47 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) @ Sylvanas EU (retired) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

    My Deus Ex:HR soundtrack mixes
    [FLAC version (3.5 GB)]

  12. #72
    Fluffy Kitten Baiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    York, Blighty
    Posts
    5,129
    I don't think World War 3 will happen. The U.N. nations are too interdependent in their import-export relationships to ever seriously consider waging war on one another. At least, the ones with reasonable economies and credible militaries. Trade goods and you are unlikely to trade casualties.

    Russia and China talk a big game when it comes to stating they are in the corner of regimes like the Syrian Ba'athists or the Korean Workers' Party, but if it ever got to the point when the rest of the U.N. decided to debunk those regimes, I doubt they'd lift a finger to stop them. Especially China. Their exports are what is keeping their economy afloat. Lose those and the Party is in danger of being ousted and, being quasi-Stalinists, that is something they do not want happening.

    Campaigns against Iran are unlikely to cause too much international tension as they are a Shia theocracy surrounded by Sunni majority nations and, as such, have relations with them not much better than their relations with Israel.

    Pakistan will continue funding/harbouring proxies and back-door fighting at most, in my opinion, though if tensions between them and India were to get worse, that conflict would put the region in most danger.

    I think the most Coalition forces would be involved in in major multi-national conflicts in the Middle East would be peace-keeping, genocide prevention and general clean up. Think Bosnia on a bigger scale.

  13. #73
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,593
    Personally as far as I am concerned we are in a state of world war at the moment, as there are at least 40 military conflicts which are on going at the moment. There are also the countless amounts of acts of terrorism, which when looked at as a whole could also be classed (and by some countries is) as an act of war.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tary_conflicts

    Just because its not one nation solely responsible for the offensive, or defense of a particular area does not mean that it is not a world war. Also a world war will never be fought again along the lines of what happened in WWI and WWII. MAD Pretty much assures that the big boys of the world will never engage in all out warfare with each other, which leaves only the non nuclear states to fight between themselves, with the the occasional support from the larger countries when it is to their advantage to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

  14. #74
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,385
    Doesn't matter, December 21st is coming soon!1!!one!!

    Doubt it, maybe in the distant future but not anytime soon.

  15. #75
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    17,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Such an expert on absolutely everything, seriously. *sarcasm*
    People are insane and capable of crazy things., you talk in absolutes as if the possibility of world war is impossible.
    Are you just afraid of it or something?
    It's not impossible, but the chances are so remote for the forseeable future it may as well be. MAD is a very effective deterrent, and barring that the fact that all the great powers are economically interdependent makes them far less likely to fight each other.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  16. #76
    Pandaren Monk Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    1,874
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 12:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
    -- Albert Einstein.
    ARRRRR YOU BLIMEY BASTARD. I posted it but didnt see you beat me to it. I'm never the first person to use the quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    I'm a prostitute. Men like to tell me secrets. And women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Also....my condolences to whoever is Lora's lover. You got matched up with a madman, regardless of his alignment.

  17. #77
    Old God
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,652
    Once wasteful nations run out of the essentials who knows. No idea how it would happen though.

    All I know for certain is that Africa is gonna grow increasingly more important as we go on, China got it's mitts all over the continent already(investments, diplomatic relations etc), USA seem to mostly ignore Africa, focused on ME(and Asia) as they are. Africa is an untapped(well not totally untapped lol) goldmine, time for the west realize this or we will be left behind.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-11-09 at 01:09 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Once wasteful nations run out of the essentials who knows. No idea how it would happen though.

    All I know for certain is that Africa is gonna grow increasingly more important as we go on, China got it's mitts all over the continent already(investments, diplomatic relations etc), USA seem to mostly ignore Africa, focused on ME(and Asia) as they are. Africa is an untapped(well not totally untapped lol) goldmine, time for the west realize this or we will be left behind.
    The west is already well tapped into Africa. It is just that you hear more about China because it is still news. The problem now though is that it is starting to bite the west in the ass because the west deals with the dictators and such while China buys the land for cheap, send it's own labour force over there but in the end builds a few schools and hospitals to keep the populace happy. Even though the value is completely out of whack as well.
    Also, maybe you have heard about Shell pretty much turning the surroundings of oil wells into oil infested swamps since all the pipes etc. are horribly laid down. Or all the ships that bring "recyclable electronics" into Ghana/Nigeria/ivory coast area where little kids scrounge out anything metal for them to sell for food. And the rest just gets dumped there, rotting batteries and everything. Or all the resource mines that get pillaged, or all the coffee that comes from there. Or those large farming companies that aren't allowed to use gen tech in other countries so they just develop it in Africa (maybe it will help africa one day....... if they have money for the patent )
    Trust me, wherever a $ is to be made, the west has got it covered.

    Same for south America, China and the west are buying large amounts of farmland as well there just to keep our bellies full.
    Last edited by Bolson13; 2012-11-09 at 01:40 PM.

  19. #79
    Old God
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    The west is already well tapped into Africa. It is just that you hear more about China because it is still news. The problem now though is that it is starting to bite the west in the ass because the west deals with the dictators and such while China buys the land for cheap, send it's own labour force over there but in the end builds a few schools and hospitals to keep the populace happy. Even though the value is completely out of whack as well.
    Also, maybe you have heard about Shell pretty much turning the surroundings of oil wells into oil infested swamps since all the pipes etc. are horribly laid down. Or all the ships that bring "recyclable electronics" into Ghana/Nigeria/ivory coast area where little kids scrounge out anything metal for them to sell for food. And the rest just gets dumped there, rotting batteries and everything. Or all the resource mines that get pillaged, or all the coffee that comes from there. Or those large farming companies that aren't allowed to use gen tech in other countries so they just develop it in Africa (maybe it will help africa one day....... if they have money for the patent )
    Trust me, wherever a $ is to be made, the west has got it covered.

    Same for south America, China and the west are buying large amounts of farmland as well there just to keep our bellies full.
    I know, what I meant is that China has surpassed "the west" China is, economically the biggest player in Africa as far as I know, maybe not in real investment(havn't looked it up), but it's the biggest trading partner, hence the most important partner for decently developed nations down there.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    I know, what I meant is that China has surpassed "the west" China is, economically the biggest player in Africa as far as I know, maybe not in real investment(havn't looked it up), but it's the biggest trading partner, hence the most important partner for decently developed nations down there.
    Yes okay, but China is also the largest exporter in the world. I think the EU countries and US also have China as their largest importer/biggest trade partner except for maybe neighbouring countries. That is kind of China's engine.

    Exports from African countries however are probably still towards European countries because the west is obviously the consumer of the world. A quick look for a couple of countries in Africa says i'm right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •