Thread: World war 3

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    IF there will be a WW3, humanity will get exactly what it deservers for starting it, extinction.

I do not know who will start one or why, but no cause is worth the loss of billions of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesclo View Post
    1: Russians are insane (scientifically proven ).
    2: Russia likes Iran and Syria. Israel doesn't.
    3: Russia has a huge nuclear arsenal.

Uncle Joe may be gone, but Russia still has a huge stack of nuclear weapons.
    There are a few resident Russians on these boards I tend to think are far more rational and thoughtful than a lot of their Western counterparts here.

Kasiereth, for one.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Yes okay, but China is also the largest exporter in the world. I think the EU countries and US also have China as their largest importer/biggest trade partner except for maybe neighbouring countries. That is kind of China's engine.

Exports from African countries however are probably still towards European countries because the west is obviously the consumer of the world. A quick look for a couple of countries in Africa says i'm right.
    Are you sure? China imports a lot of materials from Africa, including oil, minerals etc.

I trust your word though, EU as a whole might import more then China.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Are you sure? China imports a lot of materials from Africa, including oil, minerals etc.

I trust your word though, EU as a whole might import more then China.
    I dont have figures of entire africa but the ones i checked (5-6 countries) were all EU or US.

Deleted
    I think World War 3 is inevitable, it will happen somday. It could be a few years from now or it could be 100 years from now.
    Only question is wether we let it be as destructive as it can be, or if we're all reasonable enough to fight a conventional war.

And with conventional war I don't mean all out like World War 2. I mean fast paced action in trying to capture key locations and bring a country to it's knees. No nukes.

Deleted
    Oh, it's on like Genghis Khan wearing Sean John In Bhutan.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are in the preliminary stages of World War III right now, much as events like the Japanese invasion of China or the Italian invasion of Ethiopia came before WWII. Proximate causes include: resource depletion; the collapse of US-domination of the international economy; the American government's persistent blindness and increasingly slow and ineffective decision loop; potential domestic unrest in Russa, China, and the United States; and the massive effects of climate change on the food supply and population migration.

World War III will stretch from Africa, though the Middle-East and into Southeast Asia. It will primarily be about resource control and global 'status', although the advantage in domestic support governments enjoy during wartime will also be a significant factor for the United States, China, and Russia.

The most obvious conflict will be between the United States and its allies (likely not including much of NATO or the EU, who will probably try to sit this one out), and the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan) plus their allies, which will likely include Iran and Pakistan or India (but probably not both). Somewhat like the Cold War (which some consider the 'real' WWIII, making this hypothetical conflict technically WWIV) there will not be direct military attacks on the home territory of the powers in conflict. But unlike the Cold War, troop deployments and other direct-action solutions (drone strikes, naval clashes, sabotage, etc.) will be relatively common.

WWWIII is likely to see 'new' types of warfare, as drone, information, space, financial, media, and non-WMD biowarfare technologies mature. There will be strong internal tensions in many states, including the major participants, between totalitarianism and balkanization. It's going to be a long and ugly war, and at the end of it the global order created by WWI and WWII will be completely unrecognizable. As the Chinese curse goes, "may you live in interesting times".

If there was another large scale war it is going to be about religious views. Probably Muslims vs "the infidels". This would cause civil wars in all of the middle eastern countries, EU countries, USA, Russia and and Canada seeing as the Muslim populations of these countries are massive. Chances are it would start in the EU countries (maybe Germany) and spread like wild fire from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknrule View Post
    If there was another large scale war it is going to be about religious views. Probably Muslims vs "the infidels". This would cause civil wars in all of the middle eastern countries, EU countries, USA, Russia and and Canada seeing as the Muslim populations of these countries are massive. Chances are it would start in the EU countries (maybe Germany) and spread like wild fire from there.
    Majority of the muslim population isn't violent. As far as I know quran even prohibits agression.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I vote for Russia.
    And I vote for Space Nazis!

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
    IF there will be a WW3, humanity will get exactly what it deservers for starting it, extinction.

I do not know who will start one or why, but no cause is worth the loss of billions of people.
    Exactly. I bet the WW3 starts on 21st December 2012. If WW3 will happen of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Majority of the muslim population isn't violent. As far as I know quran even prohibits agression.
    Oh I understand that, but the western civilizations and most Muslims have very different ideologies and honestly they don't mix well. There is already a major rift occurring in many of the EU countries. I saw this documentary a couple months ago and Muslims are reproducing at an alarming rate and Germany will be 50% Muslim in the next decade or two. But lets be real here, there is a very distinct difference between your next door neighbor that is Muslim and the guy screaming on Youtube crazy obscenities like "death to the infidels" and I am in no way saying that all Muslims are crazy lunatics. But I can see this rift that has been occurring starting WW3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesclo View Post
    You'd be wrong considering how many bible thumpers in the United States eat up the whole "chosen people" thing with the Jews. There are Americans that would sacrifice their country to keep Israel safe.

This is what religion does.
    Stupid rhetoric much?

If you want to argue something, especially in this context, learn what you are talking about first. M'kay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    There are a few resident Russians on these boards I tend to think are far more rational and thoughtful than a lot of their Western counterparts here.

Kasiereth, for one.
    Yes, unfortunately their leaders, as well as the leaders of many countries in the world seem to suffer from the "my country is the best country" syndrome and as such kind of fuck with eachother.

I can bet there's some nice intelligent north koreean people, that doesn't change their leaders are corrupt and stupid. In Russia corruption is so high it's unbelivable. And to be honest, I can't say Putin is a nice guy. He did some good things... for Russia, and Russia alone, but that's kind of it. He also did some bad things, for the entire world. The gas cutting in winter to Poland because Poland didn't agree with Russia on Kosovo at start for example... the attack on Georgia and several others.