Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    To each his own. But, I'd never spend a fucking dime on a non combat wow pet... and that's coming from a guy with plenty of disposable income.
    watch out guys , looks like we got a bad ass over here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it is boe like some of the other store pets

I'll most likely buy one. While I don't generally shell out for this kind of thing, I've been meaning to give to the Sandy effort anyway, so hey. Free pet. Plus it looks pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    To each his own. But, I'd never spend a fucking dime on a non combat wow pet... and that's coming from a guy with plenty of disposable income.
    Then don't, donate $10 to Blizzard and they will in turn donate that $10 to Red Cross AND reward you with an awesome little Cinder Cat.

Win/Win - and you get to help out a good cause. Of course, you're welcome to just donate directly to Red Cross if you are really THAT much against "paying" for a vanity item.....i guess..

I will be buying my own Cinder Cat when i get the chance.

1) I need more non-combat pet awesomeness, and this one is off the charts full of awesome.
    2) I don't mind helping out New Yorkers, they're people too and my parents are about to be transferred up to Staten Island next year by the Army. Perhaps with the disaster hitting though, that might change. Who knows.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neonic View Post
    I hope it is boe like some of the other store pets
    Will be BoA just like all non-combat pets in the pet store are now. In fact, they will probably just send it to one of your characters that you designate and you'll earn it on all your characters once you learn it.
    Last edited by freakyduck; 2012-11-08 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    Will be BoA just like all non-combat pets in the pet store are now. In fact, they will probably just send it to one of your characters that you designate and you'll earn it on all your characters once you learn it.
    He was probably thinking of the Guardian Cub, that's boe. It could go either way. If it does turn out to be boe, I guess that means they considered the Guardian Cub a success.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not really the type to buy stuff off the store -- aside from the sparklepony because the idea of a free mount for all my alts and never having to buy one again was just too awesome -- but I will probably buy a fire kitty.

The 100% donation makes it worth it. You're channeling the money through Blizzard but you're basically getting a free pet as a reward for making a small donation to a worthy cause.

I was actually thinking I might even buy a few extra too while the the promotion is on and maybe later I can give 'em out to guildies as rewards. I guess it'll depend on how many people buy on their own.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I will definitely be buying it, since it's going to be a Red Cross fundraiser.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's a valid hybrid, then definitely. If it's only an okay hybrid, then I'm undecided at worst.

This is actually the first pet I've ever seen in the Blizzard Store that makes me say "Wow. I really want that pet!". The question for me is though... $10 much or $5 much when they decide to put it on sale?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't donate to charity 0o

Intended to purchase it when the little guy was datamined, now I'm definitely purchasing it as it's for a good cause ontop of the overloading cuteness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have preferred something other than red cross... but yeah, I'm getting it. I'll just be hopeful of it's destination.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Destil has weakness for kitties..

...so..

KITTYYYYYYYY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'll be buying it. I don't mind aiding where there's needed, though I like to keep my politics away from having to give money but instead help. But a bit cheaper to join in on thousands to donate for a good cause than paying thousands to go there and help myself.

And it does look awesome, and cute. MUST HAVE!

And saw atleast one during the thread that didn't know this so I'll gladly post it. Blizzard doesn't earn a dime on this, 100% goes to a good cause and you get the pet. They took time to design this pet, and then the chaos happened and the fate of the pet got turned to be used for charity. So as another said, Win/Win
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Must. Have.

I will sit with this pet and my firekitty staff all day. All day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might, although I haven't decided yet. Do love companion pets though and for a good cause I think it's worth it.

I will for sure, first time buying a pet in the store!
    wish i still had my fire kitty staff tho :`(

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    He was probably thinking of the Guardian Cub, that's boe. It could go either way. If it does turn out to be boe, I guess that means they considered the Guardian Cub a success.
    Given this is a charity pet, and all pets are Battle.net account-wide now, I doubt it will be BoE.
    You only need to learn the pet once, and then every WoW account under a single Battle.net username, can access it (keep in mind, only 1 WoW account within a Battle-net account can pet battle at any given time).

Additionally: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=92707 - It's BoP, as per PTR of Wowhead. No Battle Pet stats yet though (cause nobody can get it on the PTR). I wanna know if it may be a better alternative to Lil Ragnaros for hard-countering Mechanical pets.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't planning to if it was just a store pet, but because it is a donation pet I will just like I have each of the charity pets in the past. Plus it is freaking adorable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Other than the Guardian Cub, can you sell the store pets on the AH (by learning and caging them, I mean)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    Other than the Guardian Cub, can you sell the store pets on the AH (by learning and caging them, I mean)?
    Nope, all the rest are not cagable. Only the Guardian Cub is. With 2 exceptions I am aware of (the two rarespawn pet drops in Dread Wastes), all BoP pets are not cageable to be re-sold. Only craftable pets, vendor pets, and drop pets can be caged and sold.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.