Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am going to buy it. I have already been involved in helping in the area (such as offering co-workers who lost power a place to crash and get a hot meal and shower until the power was back since I was lucky). Combining this mix of charity to help my region and an adorable kitty made of fire is just perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    In that case, they can pay me.

Pet battles... pshh. Pokemon generation nonsense.

.... i always sigh when i realize people dont seem to realize magic came before Pokemon. There is also the whole non combat pet before battle pets, and the relief (like with the hippogryphs)

anyyyway, I WILL I WILL I WILL. i wanted one before i even knew it was a relief thing. now i might get one for a friend, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueness View Post
    It is account wide now, you'll only be able to learn three at most unless it is unique!
    You failed to read correctly...they have 6 see that number SIX...wow accounts...each is separate from the other...they didn't say they had 6 toons on 1 account.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Pet battles...
    I have 100+ pets I could use for pet battles, and I really don't take part in the pet battles anyway.

Deleted
    Nope, I have no interest in helping the richest country in the world clean up, there are far better causes for my money to go to.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty adorable Interested to see what it's pet battle abilities are

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    To each his own. But, I'd never spend a fucking dime on a non combat wow pet... and that's coming from a guy with plenty of disposable income.
    I have exactly the same sentiments usually. I will never buy a cosmetic item from Blizzard, they're overpriced and useless.

HOWEVER, I would have donated $10 towards the Sandy cause. Since Blizzard give the full amount to it, I donate the same amount, and perhaps when Blizzard put their total forward it puts gamers in a slightly better light to the "general" public/media.

I will buy two. It makes me very happy to help my state, and childhood memories, out.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Nope, I have no interest in helping the richest country in the world clean up, there are far better causes for my money to go to.
    Lol, we are like something trillion dollars in debt...

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I'd much rather the money went towards one of the poorer countries hit such Cuba or Haiti as they're the countries that are gonna have a hard time recovering.

But charity is charity and a pet is pet (and an adorable one at that) so yes I will definitely purchase it, I'll just have to find another charity who will support the poorer countries hit (Any suggestions would great!). I think these pets are a great way to incentivize people to give to charity who maybe wouldn't in the first place.
    Ya make sure to send your money out of america and dont help any actuall americans. We will be one of the poorer countries with all of the idiots sending their money all over the world instead of here in america where americans need help.

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Ya make sure to send your money out of america and dont help any actuall americans. We will be one of the poorer countries with all of the idiots sending their money all over the world instead of here in america where americans need help.
    How do you know who you're talking to is sending money "out of" America? America isn't the only place in the world who frequent these forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    I'm not saying don't help America, but it's obvious that they need it least. They are in a far far better position to recover. Despite all the problems they have with their the American economy, it is still in a better place than say Haiti. Haiti is still recovering from the 2010 Earthquake and recently a cholera outbreak and now for them to have a freaking Hurricane tear through their country is just a sad state of affairs, not to mention how poor the country is in the first place.

Lots of people are going to donate anyway because it's the country that is on media, so American will get the lion's share of the money anyway.

You won't be one of the poorer ones. You're just playing the part of the American stereotype where their the only country in the world that matters. Please go read about the troubles other countries have had.

I probably wouldn't have bothered before, but since the money is going to a good cause then I'll be buying it on day 1.

The timing speaks a lot about Blizzard as well... They were developing a pet to be sold on the pet store for profit. Fair enough, no problems. Then Sandy comes along and instead of going ahead with profit (which they had every right to do), they instead changed the plan and made it into a charitable donation drive.

Seriously, how anyone can say Blizzard is a company that is only about pure profits is beyond me. They're one of the most decent companies out there.

To be honest, I would have bought it anyhow so now with the cause attached to it, great! Doing some good at the same time.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The timing speaks a lot about Blizzard as well... They were developing a pet to be sold on the pet store for profit. Fair enough, no problems. Then Sandy comes along and instead of going ahead with profit (which they had every right to do), they instead changed the plan and made it into a charitable donation drive.

Seriously, how anyone can say Blizzard is a company that is only about pure profits is beyond me. They're one of the most decent companies out there.
    Definitely in agreement with this one. The lines get blurry when you're scrambling to meet the demands of 10M+ players and I can see where it's easy to be blinded by the $ signs in the eye. But this is a really feel good move in the aftermath of such a tragedy. I'm not big on collections in WoW, nor the pet battle system, but I may buy a kitten for the cause it stands for.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Oh yeah, totally.

Good cause, I'm well known by the Red Cross (apparently), and it'll go well with the Spectral Tiger Cub =3

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I doubt it.
    Sure it's cute as hell, and the donations aren't going to WoW.
    But I don't care much for Pokemon anymore, and I never remember to keep them out normally.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wont. I hate red cross. They keep sending us bills too donate them 100 euros each mounth---well F*** them.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    I will be buying it and I'm not even that active on WoW anymore, as far as I'm concerned it's a reasonable cause, $10 is absolutely nothing and it's a pretty cute pet as well so I see no downside.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will buy it and then write it off on my taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I will be buying it and I'm not even that active on WoW anymore, as far as I'm concerned it's a reasonable cause, $10 is absolutely nothing and it's a pretty cute pet as well so I see no downside.
    $10?!

I didn't realise how much cheaper pets were on the US Store compared to the EU one.