Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Its pretty dissappointing how the brawlers guild turned out basically top guilds with tons of gold are the only people with a chance at the world first title.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    Its pretty dissappointing how the brawlers guild turned out basically top guilds with tons of gold are the only people with a chance at the world first title.
    Its pretty dissappointing how you failed to read the whole blue post.

I said it on the official thread and ill say it here as well.

What Brawler’s Guild Isn’t
    A means of solo progression
    This is not there call it is up to the player if its a means of solo progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    World first heroic kills within the first week they are available?

Does anyone care at this point? Why bother delaying the release of Heroic modes?

No, i'm not in a top raiding guild, well, on my server/faction i am, but that's cause the previous top guilds went Horde....but isn't it true that the guilds getting these world firsts are practicing on the PTR before they are released live? So what's the real accomplishment?

Maybe they should just have world first for PTR accomplishments and get rid of them for live content.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/ch.../Arct%C3%ACca/

Heroic Garalon downed by the same guild that skipped Zor'lok.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tureni View Post
    Imagine if they'd just followed rule #1 and just put it in without mentioning it in the patch notes...
    Oh how I wish they had.

I wish Blizzard would hold more things from patch notes, not include them even on PTR until the end of patches but with extensive in-house testing and even then don't put them in the patch notes. Give the players some things to discover as "WTF is this?"

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dfjdejulio View Post
    My contention with it is, they're taking something that could have been an awesome tool for solo play, and trying to shoehorn it into being needlessly social.

If it were something I could do without interacting with any other players, I'd be all over it. As things stand, I suspect I'm not even going to be aware of what's going on there on my servers.
    So in an MMO, they need to make it more solo focused and encourage avoiding interacting with others? Amalur and Elder Scrolls are apparently really what people playing MMOs want....an MMORPG without the MMO.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-11-08 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Is the Brawler's Guild basically duals? Like one-on-one? Or what?

Blizzard posts a several paragraph post about it and fails to explain WTF it is....

No, it is a dialog. Two people meet and start arguing. The boss at the end is the infamous Ghostcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Oh how I wish they had.

I wish Blizzard would hold more things from patch notes, not include them even on PTR until the end of patches but with extensive in-house testing and even then don't put them in the patch notes. Give the players some things to discover as "WTF is this?"

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 09:04 PM ----------

So in an MMO, they need to make it more solo focused and encourage avoiding interacting with others? Amalur and Elder Scrolls are apparently really what people playing MMOs want....an MMORPG without the MMO.
    There's obviously room for both. If there was no content I could do by myself and decide on my own how to progress through, I'd given this game up YEARS ago since relying on people at all times is kinda a drag.

However, this Brawler's guild = I don't care that much about how they've chose to approach it. I get my extreme soloing elsewhere from fights not initially TUNED for solo play and will do Brawler's Guild when I'm invited by someone bothered to shell out gold for the invite.

The way the entry to Brawlers Guild is handled will only encourage more people to go out an buy gold for real money. But if Blizzard is ok with that, then go for it.

Oh how I wish they had.

I wish Blizzard would hold more things from patch notes, not include them even on PTR until the end of patches but with extensive in-house testing and even then don't put them in the patch notes. Give the players some things to discover as "WTF is this?"[COLOR="red"]
    For example the WotLK starting events, when you could get the haunted memento. It was like, ooh, cool a item. I was playing @ ~4AM and I noticed a shadow following me and the buff 'something is with you' (when I looted the item I didn't notice that I got the buff). Googling it brought nothing up. It was a bit scary and mysterious. That's what I want in WoW again.

Deleted
    About the way Brawler guild is implemented : is a spit on our face. We pay the subscription so you can deliver us new content .

What the hell are you smoking guys ? Used our money to develop something interesting then don't let us inside untill we will buy enough gold from gold farmers to be able to buy an invite ?

Deleted
    So brawler's guild isn't Proving grounds.
    The gating and non instancing makes much more sense now.
    Though I bet it will become empty real fast except on RP servers.
    People coming there to watch someone solo a boss, I'm very sceptical

Sounds like something blood DKs will love
    I feel like my rogue might not enjoy it as much.

So what else is there to do in the new patch then?

Believe me -- if those had the quantity of content and frequency of content updates that WoW has, I would never look back.

There are way more of us folks who play WoW in spite of it being an MMO, rather than because it's an MMO, than you may realize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats to Arctìca!

How about instead of the BMAH handing out invites. Blingtron gives a random chance of getting one.

Deleted
    Brawlers guild invite system is stupid.

Not much more to say really, other than its another bad decision added to a long line of them recently.

If their recent decisions on wow are an indication of how they are designing Titan...count me out.

Brace yourselves.
    Paragon fanboys are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidusbr View Post
    Brace yourselves.
    Paragon fanboys are coming.
    The majority don't care, me included. Grats to any top guilds that down bosses so fast. That's about it honestly.