Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    i didnt realise that if the bubbles expired on the same hit, that rapture (if off CD) was procced.

that really is back to LK HC days, but good to know tho. i didnt like garalon as disc, this will make it sweeter

Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    i didnt realise that if the bubbles expired on the same hit, that rapture (if off CD) was procced.

that really is back to LK HC days, but good to know tho. i didnt like garalon as disc, this will make it sweeter
    garalon lfr (25 people) was hell, people outranging my sweet heals

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just throwing a small tip for keeping Evangelism up: use glyph of holy fire, your holy fires will be instant. Every time the spell is out of CD, just use it on some enemy and keep on healing or whatever else you were doing. That helps keeping your stack of Evangelism, you can even holy fire while moving.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't heard of this being broken. I take back my prior statement for the time being. I suppose I haven't noticed because I "know" it doesn't work that way and so I don't spam shields for it.

Deleted
    Here's my log (ranked 9 at the time of log) for Feng. It's a great fight for disc, which is why I chose it.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=4300&e=4677

Here's yours

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1413&e=1803

Your spirit shell healing is way too low. You need to be using it pre-emptively with archangel + PI before every epicentre, fire aoe and arcane aoe on 4 groups in 25, both groups in 10man. This I would recommend taking PI over Divine insight.

Your "rotation" for that particular fight (and the majority), should be to keep archangel stacked by using Holy fire and pennance (yes, pennance for dps!), while catching every rapture proc with PW:s on the tank, keeping up PoM, Stacking spirit shell before incoming AOE damage with PoH, PI and archangel, and using PoH to heal groups when spirit shell is down, though it should be up for every single epicentre if you time it correctly! You should be spamming solace if your mana is low and it's a low damage phase, and only heal tanks if necessary. You didn't use solace at all during that fight which isn't good!

I would also recommend taking Cascade over Halo as it's not range dependant and as far as I've seen through experience it is a better heal in general, especially in 10man as it will hit a lot of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfx View Post
    Correct me if im wrong someone but SpiritShell will fuck your raid during the Maddening Shout as your raid will have to do the damage of the SpiritShell absorb + the 40k? I've never tried it I just assumed thats what would happen so i've avoided it. Maybe I've been doing it wrong.
    You'll be glad to know you're wrong Absorbed hits count towards the 40K, so SS is brilliant for Maddening Shout.

lol Gnarles Malarke...clever QQ

I feel very strong as Disc atm. Recent changes made us so damn strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    You'll be glad to know you're wrong Absorbed hits count towards the 40K, so SS is brilliant for Maddening Shout.
    Fantastic, cheers for that.. I really should have just tested it :|

If they're still struggling, I wrote up a fight by fight guide here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794980143#2

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This week I have noticed multiple procs of Rapture so long as the bubbles break simultaneously, something that was fixed a while ago. it appears to be back, though probably not intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedmynd View Post
    If they're still struggling, I wrote up a fight by fight guide here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794980143#2
    I found your guides really interesting because I find myself using the same glyphs for almost every single fight, where you change yours all the time and even use ones that I would never use, but at the same time I didn't see anything wrong with anything that you said. I suppose Blizzard succeeded in making things a choice

Quote Originally Posted by Kardashia View Post
    Hello.

I am new here on this forum, but I have heard good about it, and that people are very nice to help out.
    Yesterday we had our weekly guild raid, and I went disc due to the buff, to test it out.

I have looked up several disc priest from good guilds, and I believe that I need to fix some minor things with gems and enchants.
    On our other runs we did not have any problems with healing, however this raid we had a new paladin that I was 2 healing with on many of the fights.
    I feel frustrated because we:
    1. had alot of wipes due to healing
    2. I felt that I was healing tanks alone ( primarily on Will )
    3. Logs shows that he actually did better than me (with shitty gear).. It came as a big surprice as I felt I was carrying. I felt that his reactions were very very slow when healing.

I hope than some of you guys out there are good at logs, and can tell me whats going on here, maybe give some good tips on disc, as I actually really enjoyed playing it compared to holy.

Thank you
    So much of disc is timing everything to line up with boss abilities.

Time your rapture/cooldown on weakened soul.
    Time your Spirit SHell to line up with predictable boss aoe damage.
    Time power infusion ect ect. You get the idea.

Jump into raid finder, and practice your timing on specifically spirit shell and know what bosses have predictable AOE damage. Certain fights will call for that, some may call for atonment and normal healing. Disc is a pretty diverse healing style for priests vs HOLY which is more a reaction based style of healing for priests.